The Movie Review Thread

Watched The Ridiculous 6 tonight.

Can someone please stop Adam Sandler from making movies? My what a pile of dung this film was.

Yep. We saw it on Saturday. Very good. Steve Carell was very good in his role.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I could pin point the moment Amy got laid off based on the timeline of the movie. I like how they dumbed some thing's down for me as well.

Watched dragon blade yesterday. SMH. This movie was corny as hell. Also, I was questioning the casting director. Acting was horrible overall.

I watched that movie on my way to and back from Vegas. After watching I decided I am going to never do anything my wife doesnt like ever again.
For real.. I think the front alcove of the house needed a little pressure washing. Might do that in the AM
I am way late to this one but I had the same type of reaction after watching Gone Girl tonight. The wife asked if I'd clean the fish tank and I was like "How clean do you want it? When would you like it completed?" FWIW, really good movie.

Last edited:
Another one that I'm late to the game on is Birdman, which we watched last night. I thought it was like a low level tour player's game - a lot of really good parts but the sum didn't add up to anything special (for me)

We went to see Star Wars yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Without going into detail and spoiling anything, there were a few things that I kind of expected to see happen, but it also created a few new questions which I am assuming will be answered across the next couple of films

I could pin point the moment Amy got laid off based on the timeline of the movie. I like how they dumbed some thing's down for me as well.
Exactly. Michele said the humor (won't spioil it for others) they used to describe some of the terms was very funny and made it where she got it.

Saw the big short today. Really enjoyed the movie

The Hateful Eight was very very solid. Beautiful views and one wicked blizzard . Reminded me of Inglorious BStards a bit. Very solid flick , long but solid

highly recommend this one

Watching The Martian right now. Having read the book first, I am somewhat letdown. Still good, but not as good as I think it should be in my head.

We are going to watch the new Point Break now(2nd time) . The original will always be my favorite, but this new one really takes to a new level

We watched Boyhood last night. I thought it was decent but not good enough to warrant all the hype it got.

Its a really good movie. I think it could be the best Rocky movie.

i saw concussion the other day. Enjoyed the movie and makes me look at the nfl a little different

Seeing concussion Saturday - looking forward to it! Will see Creed soon as well.

Got to see Point Break with Dawn today. Enjoyed the movie, very entertaining. In a lot of ways, I thought it was very different from the original. That isn't a bad thing by any means, but makes difficult to say it is better than the original

We watched St. Vincent last night. Aside from Bill Murray the acting was kind of mediocre. But the feel god story made it an entertaining watch.

Mazerunner - Scorch Trials

Another filler movie meant to get to the third in a series.... and a movie that I very well could have skipped.

I saw Concussion and loved it! I also was able to watch the Hateful 8 and was not disappointed! I good movie start of the year for me and my movie taste.

Finally got to see the Force Awakens, Liked it, didn't love it.

I thought it was decent enough. A fun watch in theatres if anything else.

Going to see the Hateful Eight in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked out the Revenant today with Dawn. Really good and I though Leonardo DiCaprio was pretty good in the movie. Dawn did think there was a little too much blood for her liking, but she liked the movie.

American Ultra might be the worst movie I have ever seen.

Back