MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta Braves! Tons of talent on this squad! MAGIC NUMBER NOW 3!

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Haha I wouldn't necessarily agree with this statement. It will be tough to win when you only have Tim Hudson

Haha I wouldn't necessarily agree with this statement. It will be tough to win when you only have Tim Hudson

There is a ton of talent on that team. There is no argument that Tommy Hanson and Jair Jurjjens are two of the top young pitchers in baseball right now (unfortunately they are both on the DL).

Brandon Beachy is a rookie with a 7-2 record, who has shown some absolute brilliance in many games this year,

nice win for the yankees over the red sux, but i have mixed feelings about knockin them out of the playoffs, they are horrible and i think would be an low risk series for there opponent. IT will be the yankees and the Philles for the world series i just hope there starters dont get into a rhythm, dang they have such a great pitching rotation.

nice win for the yankees over the red sux, but i have mixed feelings about knockin them out of the playoffs, they are horrible and i think would be an low risk series for there opponent. IT will be the yankees and the Philles for the world series i just hope there starters dont get into a rhythm, dang they have such a great pitching rotation.

There is a lot of baseball left to play. I am not too sure about that matchup in the final. Rangers are getting hot and won't choke again like they did last year. Even without Cliff Lee their pitching is better now.

There is a ton of talent on that team. There is no argument that Tommy Hanson and Jair Jurjjens are two of the top young pitchers in baseball right now (unfortunately they are both on the DL).

Brandon Beachy is a rookie with a 7-2 record, who has shown some absolute brilliance in many games this year,

They are 5-12 in september and if it wasn't for us sh***** down our leg we would have the lead in the wild card now. I am just saying if you think the braves are better than the cardinals you couldn't be more wrong

They are 5-12 in september and if it wasn't for us sh***** down our leg we would have the lead in the wild card now. I am just saying if you think the braves are better than the cardinals you couldn't be more wrong

Don't the Braves have a better record than the Cards? That would seem to indicate that the Braves are a better team than the Cards. As a Packers fan, I get accused of saying stupid sh-t in the name of fandom, but you may have just taken the cake.

Don't the Braves have a better record than the Cards? That would seem to indicate that the Braves are a better team than the Cards. As a Packers fan, I get accused of saying stupid sh-t in the name of fandom, but you may have just taken the cake.

That's where your wrong.. Why don't you check head to head records. If you beat a team more times than they beat you I would say your the better team.. Seems like sound logic to me

That's where your wrong.. Why don't you check head to head records. If you beat a team more times than they beat you I would say your the better team.. Seems like sound logic to me

Except you have to count all the games played against every team. The Braves have a better overall record than the Cards. Which means the Braves have a better team. Now if the choke job continues and the Braves lose the wildcard to St Louis, the I will gladly change my opinion.

Except you have to count all the games played against every team. The Braves have a better overall record than the Cards. Which means the Braves have a better team. Now if the choke job continues and the Braves lose the wildcard to St Louis, the I will gladly change my opinion.

Not sure I understand. Its not like they play the same teams the whole season. Interleague play is different teams they play a completely different schedule. We are 5-1 against the Braves this year its not like its even close

Not sure I understand. Its not like they play the same teams the whole season. Interleague play is different teams they play a completely different schedule. We are 5-1 against the Braves this year its not like its even close

Wow. You're right. Might as well forget that the Braves are 2 games up in the standings. Why even play they remaining games of the season. The Cards may not have won as many games as the braves, but clearly deserve to be in the playoffs more than a team with a better record.

Braves my as well let the Cards get in the Wild Card, with the injuries we have to pitchers, Braves would be taken care of quickly. At least the Cards would make it interesting in the playoffs.

Braves did their part for us. Clutch bomb by Furcal in the 8th to give us the lead. 3 outs away from being 1 back

Some teams just match up better with others, having a winning or a losing record against any one team really means nothing unless you are going to see that team in the playoffs. The only thing that matters in baseball each year is getting to the playoffs and then winning once you get there. Everything before that is pretty much meaningless.

I think the Braves can play good ball if they get in the playoffs. Their mindset is just off right now. If they can limp in, they'll regain their mojo and get it going. The only thing to worry about then would be if our young pitchers could handle the pressure of the playoffs. And, the Rays are my second favorite team, so I've got both teams fighting to get in the playoffs. Doesn't really look good for either of them.

I think the Braves can play good ball if they get in the playoffs. Their mindset is just off right now. If they can limp in, they'll regain their mojo and get it going. The only thing to worry about then would be if our young pitchers could handle the pressure of the playoffs. And, the Rays are my second favorite team, so I've got both teams fighting to get in the playoffs. Doesn't really look good for either of them.

We have been shut out way too many times in the past 2 weeks. I am tired of seeing 2 hit shutouts by the Braves, especially during a wild card race. If we get in, it will be because Philly throws their B Squad out there the next three days.

We have been shut out way too many times in the past 2 weeks. I am tired of seeing 2 hit shutouts by the Braves, especially during a wild card race. If we get in, it will be because Philly throws their B Squad out there the next three days.

Charlie manual already said the starters are playing, it wouldn't be fair to the cardinals for him to not play his starters when they are in a tight race with the braves. I like him more after that statement

tapatalk addict....

Charlie manual already said the starters are playing, it wouldn't be fair to the cardinals for him to not play his starters when they are in a tight race with the braves. I like him more after that statement

tapatalk addict....

That was prior to them losing 8 out of their last 10 games though right?

AND, yesterday was the first time Charlie Manual has started all their regulars for the first time since they clinched. So...............

That was prior to them losing 8 out of their last 10 games though right?

No the other day. The starters for the phillies will be in. Don't know about pitching though

tapatalk addict....

God I hate the Braves. I hope they miss the playoffs. And for the sake of my brother's beloved Sox, I hope the Rays do too. Are the Mets mathmatically eliminated yet? *please say no, please say no...* :D

God I hate the Braves. I hope they miss the playoffs. And for the sake of my brother's beloved Sox, I hope the Rays do too. Are the Mets mathmatically eliminated yet? *please say no, please say no...* :D

Seriously? Muts were eliminated about 3 weeks ago.

Sorry I missed most of this conversation as I was cleaning up all the puke that the Red Sox have left after throwing up all over themselves and all of Massachusetts.....

Sorry I missed most of this conversation as I was cleaning up all the puke that the Red Sox have left after throwing up all over themselves and all of Massachusetts.....

I actually love seeing the Red Sox fail more than any team. They preached about the Evil Empire, then they decided to go the "If you can't beat 'em join 'em." Route by spending ridiculous amounts of money. And they still fail. I love it.

I actually love seeing the Red Sox fail more than any team. They preached about the Evil Empire, then they decided to go the "If you can't beat 'em join 'em." Route by spending ridiculous amounts of money. And they still fail. I love it.

....nodding sadly in agreement........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back