How early do you like to get to the course before a round?

Just enough time to pay and roll of few practice putts, that's all the time I need.

About 45 minutes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As early as I can. My best rounds quite often come after hitting 100+ on the range and rolling putts for an hour or so.

At least an hour, any less and I feel rushed.

Even at my home club, I always try to get there around one hour before tee time. I will have a light breakfast or lunch, depending on time of day. I don't require a lot of range time before a round. IMO that's not the time to practice or work on one's game. It's time to loosen up And get a feel for your ball striking that day. I use a 29 ball warm up I learned awhile ago. Then a few chips and putts and I'm good to go.

"now on the tee...." and I'm driving up :-D

Normally I would arrive with just enough time to check in and stretch well before playing but my new home course has range balls included with the greens fees so ill go up to an hour early to warm up

sent without the boss's knowledge...

I like to get there about 45 minutes early. This gives me time to check in, meet the guys and still have 30 min to warmup, putt and chip

I don't really have a preference. I can get there just in time, throw my clubs on the cart and head to the first tee. It's nice to warm up, but sometimes I get anxious the longer I wait.

I want to get to the course at LEAST an hour before my tee time...if I can. One hour allows me to get my stuff out of the car, golf shoes on and check in with the Pro shop/pay. Then that usually leaves me with about 45 minutes to warm up. I'll hit a small bucket of balls for about a 1/2 hour then find my way to the putting green until it's time to head to the 1st tee.

For a tournament 45 minutes if I'm just playing alone maybe 20 minutes

I find it interesting that a lot of people show up 45 minutes to an hour before the round, as more and more people are saying they don't have time to golf. Would you enjoy golf less if you couldn't be there as early?

Even at my home club, I always try to get there around one hour before tee time. I will have a light breakfast or lunch, depending on time of day. I don't require a lot of range time before a round. IMO that's not the time to practice or work on one's game. It's time to loosen up And get a feel for your ball striking that day. I use a 29 ball warm up I learned awhile ago. Then a few chips and putts and I'm good to go.

Would you mind sharing what that 29 ball warm up is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Title says it all. I like to get to the course about 30-45 minutes so I can stretch out, practice putting, and possibly hit some range balls if available.

My brother, whom I play with quite often, seems to prefer getting to the course as our name is being called to tee off, and it drives me crazy.

How early do you get there, and what do you like to do to pass the time?

I like to unload the bag and go play. I'll putt a little if we have to wait, but if the first or tenth tee is open, I'm gone.......

45 minutes. Time enough to stretch, hit a small bucket and putt some.

Would you mind sharing what that 29 ball warm up is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure. It's a pre-round (or pre-range if you're practicing) routine I was taught at a golf school. The first 10 balls are hit with a wedge of your choice to a target, preferably a small green if your range has one. Hit 10 balls with a 3/4 swing, alternating left and right of the green/flag. Next, hit 9 balls with the same wedge, one short of the green/target, one on the green, one over the green. Repeat for the 9 balls. Then with the driver, pick a spot or green that's is about a 3/4 swing away and hit the remaining 10 balls, alternating left and right of the target as you did with the wedge in the first drill. When you're finished you will be well warmed up, have a good idea of what ball flight your swing is giving you that day, and hopefully have your tempo dialed in. You can then hit a couple more with a full swing or go to the putting and chipping area, and then on to the first tee. Hint: The 3/4 swings really help in controlling the club and grooving a nice tempo, so that when you go to the course with that good tempo you should have better control over the full shot. Part of his logic behind just hitting the two clubs is that you are not there to work on your game; you are there to warm/loosen up. Immediately before a round is not the time to be trying to fix something in your golf swing.

I like to get to the course about 30-45 minutes so I can stretch out, practice putting, and possibly hit some range balls if available.

My brother, whom I play with quite often, seems to prefer getting to the course as our name is being called to tee off, and it drives me crazy.

All of this is true of me as well, although I almost always prefer to hit at least a few range balls so I lean towards 45 minutes to an hour. And my brother is the same way hahaha

I get to the course a hour to a hour and a half earlier than my T-time I MUST loosen up until I am almost sweating to feel comfortable if a course does not have a driving range there is a GOOD chance that I will not go if I can't hit balls I don't loosen up until the turn.

I try to get to the course 1 hour before tee time. This gives me time to get a bite to eat, loosen up, and putt some without being rushed.

I like to get there 30-45 minutes early as I hate being rushed on the first tee. I like getting there hitting a few on the range, stretching and putting a few. During the week, it can be a different story but for the most part - I like to get there early.

About 30 min

I find it amazing that people get to the course so early.

30 minutes before my tee time is the earliest I will be. I like to roll a few puts and I will take a few practice swings and then I am ready to roll.

At least a half hour. I do that both so that I'm not rushed, and as a courtesy to the course. Since I'm playing public courses, I don't want them to start the process of filling what appears to be a no-show, then I turn up 30 seconds before my time and expect them to rearrange everything again. Believe me, no matter how polite they might be to you, they absolutely hate players who do that.

As a starter, I used to give a short, but respectful lecture to late arrivals about the expectations we had at the course, and the responsibilities they had as reservation holders, to be on time - and on time meant paid up and and checked in with the starter not less than 10 minutes before their tee time.

I use that half hour to get checked in, load up the cart, track down the rest of the group and get organized, putt for 5 or 10 minutes, then make my way to the first tee.

For those that said an hour or more, what the heck do you do for an hour?

What does that turn your golfing day into, 6 hours or more?

Back