Driver Club Head Speed?

​About 90 and this was determined at a local Golfsmith launch monitor.

I had guessed I was mid 90's but after the sim session this past Sunday i now know I am between 88-94 mph as that is what the sim told me through out the day. A bit lower than I thought, time to work on the flexibility and try to increase the speed a bit.

Well depends on the driver I suppose. When I was at the PGASS, when I was swinging the Cobra King LTD the club speed was 94.7 mph on average, and when I switched to the D200 my club speed was 92.8 mph on average. I was pretty shocked at the results. I figured with the D200, I would gain club speed, not lose it.

I probably am around 90.
When I was working on the game for #TheGrandaddy I was measured at 94 for my fitting.

I didn't check last weekend in the sim, but the swing didn't feel good at all so it's probably a good thing I didn't.

Hoping to avg 90-95 this season

Last time I went to the sim, my ss for the driver was about 92 average.

When I was fit a few months ago it was 88-90. The fitter used Trackman and yes, getting old sucks :act-up:

Well depends on the driver I suppose. When I was at the PGASS, when I was swinging the Cobra King LTD the club speed was 94.7 mph on average, and when I switched to the D200 my club speed was 92.8 mph on average. I was pretty shocked at the results. I figured with the D200, I would gain club speed, not lose it.
If you were hitting on a GC2, it can't measure club head speed without HMT (an extra sticky-uppy thing, and you have to put four little white dots on your club face). It just calculates based on ball speed and a fixed smash factor. If you weren't hitting one or the other club dead center every time, it would estimate a slower swing speed when what you really had was a lower smash factor.

If you were hitting on a GC2, it can't measure club head speed without HMT (an extra sticky-uppy thing, and you have to put four little white dots on your club face). It just calculates based on ball speed and a fixed smash factor. If you weren't hitting one or the other club dead center every time, it would estimate a slower swing speed when what you really had was a lower smash factor.
I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit either club dead center every time. It's just the nature of the beast as a higher handicap player. Did I hit the LTD better than the D200 with my ten swings of each? Who knows. it still puts me in the 92-95 mph range.

I'm usually in the 98 to 104 range. I always take some swings with drivers when I go to Roger Dunn and keep track of what my swing speed is at. Not sure of what system they use though.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit either club dead center every time. It's just the nature of the beast as a higher handicap player. Did I hit the LTD better than the D200 with my ten swings of each? Who knows. it still puts me in the 92-95 mph range.
Whichever showed you the better distance was the one you hit better. :act-up:

Those launch monitors in stores can do a lot of things, but showing your swing speed isn't typically one of them.

Anywhere between 110 - 115... Average I'd say 113mph and slowly rising

I was just in a trackman and just like last year I'm around 108 give or take 3mph.

I was just in a trackman and just like last year I'm around 108 give or take 3mph.
Dude it is driver head speed not slap shot MPH... Haha

Ball speed, spin and launch angle are the important numbers anyways. Club head gets you smash factor but impact tape can do the same thing.

Ball speed, spin and launch angle are the important numbers anyways. Club head gets you smash factor but impact tape can do the same thing.
True, but the topic convo is on clubhead speed and how you were measured.

I'm proud its stayed civil for once, its and interesting convo imo.

110ish at Callaway's performance centers.

115ish at PGASS's machine. I must really go ham when I'm there... :alien:

At local Bridgestone ball fitting this summer, fully warmed up I averaged 109. Saw a few at 112-113 but I get wild at that speed.

At my last fitting with Flightscope, my SS was 98 to 103. Last week I stopped by a Golfsmith in the Twin Cities. And my SS was 70 with a Driver, 95 with a 3 wood GBB, and 88 with a 6 iron. Tried several times with a diver and it was always 70. I'm not sure why it would be that way. They were having training so he just came over and turned it on and left.

On various devices I've usually averaged between 98-103. The highest I've been is on a Flightscope at 107, but control was way off. If I keep it around 100 I tend to get the best of everything.

I've had my swing speed measure on flight scope, track man and at the Anika academy always falls into the 103-104 range on my normal swing. I can get up to 108-110 in balance but rarely need to

Last year I was 89 when measured at DSG, this summer I was hitting 93 at Golfsmith on their sim. I'm sure it's a lot lower right now.

Using SkyPro this winter since my birthday my driver swing has varied as I've tried to make swing improvements. Average is about 95 MPH.

Dave

I had a few swings on a Trackman earlier this summer, the one number that I remember was 102 mph but I wasn't swinging at my best on that day. I have been on a GC2 many times in the past 2 years, but it only reports ball speed, so I pay more attention to that.

I've seen a variance of 10 MPH. The highest I've seen is at a Bridgestone ball fitting.

Back