THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Finalizing the picks as we speak.

I just want to take a minute to thank all of you OH guys for the past few months. While this thread has had its ups and downs, it was certainly entertaining but more importantly its been great to see guys put in the work for this event already.
One of the more tougher decisions I had to make. Its different for our "region", nowhere else is there a group of this size as tight nit as we are. Nowhere else at the drop of a hat can we have 12-16 guys just randomly show up for a round, or heck even a sim session.
It may sound corny but I think of you guys as my extended family which makes these decisions even that much harder. There are a lot of good golfers in this area, but more importantly a lot of great guys which is why I had to take the full 2 weeks to make sure my picks were right for this team.
Feelings will be hurt, thats only natural when you want something and dont get it. Just be supportive of the guys that make it as they will need it and will need to be pushed between now and June if OH is going to win this event.
Keep grinding away on your games, as you know if someone has to drop out, they need to be replaced by me and if you want to get in at that point, you have to be ready.
I sincerely look forward to the next few months and will be pushing everyone to be playing their best golf come June!
Just a few hours away from this team being complete!

Well said Mike, this region certainly has and does bring it hard, it definitely doesn't go unnoticed but I think you could also end up with the strongest support structure for the finalized squad which could make for quite the wrecking crew come game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One quick note.
If someone makes the team and is unable to attend (things come up in life), the replacement will be selected by the Captain. At the time this occurs (or might occur), they will look over the landscape of the region and let us know who the replacement is.

I just want to take a minute to thank all of you OH guys for the past few months. While this thread has had its ups and downs, it was certainly entertaining but more importantly its been great to see guys put in the work for this event already.
One of the more tougher decisions I had to make. Its different for our "region", nowhere else is there a group of this size as tight nit as we are. Nowhere else at the drop of a hat can we have 12-16 guys just randomly show up for a round, or heck even a sim session.
It may sound corny but I think of you guys as my extended family which makes these decisions even that much harder. There are a lot of good golfers in this area, but more importantly a lot of great guys which is why I had to take the full 2 weeks to make sure my picks were right for this team.
Feelings will be hurt, thats only natural when you want something and dont get it. Just be supportive of the guys that make it as they will need it and will need to be pushed between now and June if OH is going to win this event.
Keep grinding away on your games, as you know if someone has to drop out, they need to be replaced by me and if you want to get in at that point, you have to be ready.
I sincerely look forward to the next few months and will be pushing everyone to be playing their best golf come June!
Harumph, harumph!

Well said captain!

Well said Cap!

In the next few days, those that have made it onto a squad will get a PM from GolferGal with details about deposit, info needed, etc. Keep on the lookout please.

today is the day... teams should be finalized.

Well said captain. We all know there will be a little butt hurt but we all can take comfort in knowing that you did what was best for the team. I know myself and many others will be there no matter what to support our team. I do not envy you right now.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Today is the day 3 more Michiganders sign up for official handicaps :angel:

Best of luck to everyone, including the captains. I know it can't be easy excluding people from something they want so dearly, but hopefully through this thread and helping the participants prep for the event, they feel included. And feel free to talk a little smack along the way if it makes you feel any better.

Alright Captains. The other two regions have finalized their teams and there is an entire forum waiting to hear from you two, so get the lead out! That is all. :alien:

Picks are in fellas.

As I mentioned in the Michigan thread last night, this was very difficult. I know there i will be disappointment, but I hope you will all still support the team and put them to the test in the coming months. Plus you never know if something happens, you might be called upon to step in.

Alright Captains. The other two regions have finalized their teams and there is an entire forum waiting to hear from you two, so get the lead out! That is all. :alien:
Ohio cap was finalizing picks as of 37 minutes ago. Or so he says.

Unconfirmed reports of the Michigan captain already having turned in his picks.

Whoever is picked, lets all try our best not to have this "regional reaction" to who has or has not made it! Full support for both sides!
uwKryWx.jpg

The Dean of THP Event Planning is keeping the entire forum in suspense if tpluff's unconfirmed reports are accurate.

The Dean of THP Event Planning is keeping the entire forum in suspense if tpluff's unconfirmed reports are accurate.

Definitely

Man my knees have stopped shaking. The excitement and anxiety is intense.

Whoever rounds these teams out have a great journey ahead. We have a fantastic sponsor in TrueTemper, a great course in Boulder Creek, two Captain's who will bust their ass, and a whole community to share this event with!

Going to be a fun ride all the way up through June.

Whoever is picked, lets all try our best not to have this "regional reaction" to who has or has not made it! Full support for both sides!
uwKryWx.jpg
Love that reaction. The passion. The lead up. The promise. Then comes the shock. The awe. The humiliation. The dropping of jaws. The surrender cobra.

I think I can safely say that everyone here will respect your picks. Might be disapointing but we will support the team no matter what.

There are so many good golfers to choose from, and so many really good active THPers too. Not an easy choice. But chosen or note, I will keep working on my game as hard as I can & do everything I can to help the team bring home that victory in June!

Good luck to everyone today. I hope you all the best.

I am so excited to find out who the rest of team Michigan is going to be today!

Good luck to everyone! Lets keep the butt hurt cannon loaded with confetti instead of real ammunitition. I'll be back after lunch, can't take the suspense checking the thread every 5 minutes.

uwKryWx.jpg

This is cruel and unusual.

Picks are in fellas.

As I mentioned in the Michigan thread last night, this was very difficult. I know there i will be disappointment, but I hope you will all still support the team and put them to the test in the coming months. Plus you never know if something happens, you might be called upon to step in.

For fun, I'm guessing slice, wyzyguy and lions81.

Good looking team.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

I feel like a 7 year old kid at Christmas. Am I getting a Red Rider BB Gun or Underwear....?

I feel like a 7 year old kid at Christmas. Am I getting a Red Rider BB Gun or Underwear....?

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Back