THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently THP announced a new event called Regional Rivalry and the first thing that went up was Ohio vs Michigan. If you missed that news, you can check out this thread here, but today we are proud to announce the continuation with this epic showdown of rivals.

It will be held in either NY/NJ or MA
8 Golfers from each region (including a captain)
27 Holes on Saturday
Dinner after golf
Trophy Presentation
THP Hall of Fame chance
Regional Rivalry exclusive SWAG & Prizes
And so much more.

This thread will serve as the official thread for this event and all of the updates will be in the first post. Over the next few weeks, the information will be coming fast and furious, so stay tuned to this thread for all of the details.

Getting In
Getting to be a part of Regional Rivalry will be by open signup. As long as someone currently lives in one of the two states at the time of signup, and are a 2016 Albatross Club member, they can signup for the event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

When & Where
June 25th
The Ranch Golf Club
Southwick, MA
http://www.theranchgolfclub.com/

Captains
Team NY/NJ - ddec
Team New England - mpeterson

MVP Trip
See this link for something special about this event.Here ya go and title of the thread is updated.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ent-Regional-Rivalry-Sponsored-By-True-Temper

Cost & Itinerary
Cost - $179
Must Arrive 30 minutes before tee time to go over rules
1st Tee Time - 9am
FlightScope time to demo clubs if people want it beginning at 7:30am
Begin 3 Nine Hole Matches - 1 point available per 9 hole win per team
After Matches Dinner at a local restaurant we selected w/ prix fixe menu w/ trophy ceremony (if you plan on signing up, please do not be the person that plays & then leaves before dinner)
MVP will be announced at the THP Dinner afterwards and will involve every person in the event (and a panel following along on the forum) casting a vote.
At the time of selection, a $50 non refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 45 days from start of the event.

Formats
Match 1 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Alternate Shot

Match 2
Final 9 - Best Ball (4 ball)

Matchups will be announced before the event date.
If you are not in the event, you are welcome to come out to the range prior to the guys going off and cheer the team on, and if space permits, join the fun at the dinner afterwards (there will be some costs for that) to enjoy the event celebration.

Teams
3 more choices still coming with captains picks
Team NY/NJ
ddec - Captain
Maddog701
brianmk24
Harvmp28
StanTheCaddy
O'Carroll
Six4three5
Greggdrews

Team New England
mpeterson - Captain
russtopher
The_Dude
rickterp
Wicked Cool Bearded Man
OITW
Scarnici
TeedUpThoughts

First 18 Hole Matchups
ddec & StanTheCaddy
TeedUpThoughts & rickterp

six4three5 & GreggDrews
OITW & scarnici

Maddog & Harvmp
mpeterson & Wicked Cool Bearded Man

O'Carroll & Brianmk
russtopher & The_Dude

Last edited:
Oh man another good one.

Oh this one is going to be interesting!

I like the sounds of this one. This should be a lot of fun.

Like it. Maybe I'll move back to NY to be part of this awesomeness :alien:

Business is picking up!

Look forward to following along this match up.

I wasn't sure if there was going to be another Regional Rivalry event after the MI/OH event, so this is nice to see.

Got to go with my roots and NY here maybe they will need a fill in :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not sure who im rootimg for on this one yet

Like it. Maybe I'll move back to NY to be part of this awesomeness :alien:

Or you could come to the fine states of New England.

Just saying.

I wasn't sure if there was going to be another Regional Rivalry event after the MI/OH event, so this is nice to see.

Agree completely!

Excited to see this one pick and hopefully see captains named here pretty soon. Fun stuff!

This will be an incredible event, and with so many great THPers on both sides, it will be a good one.

I live about 40 miles from either region yet am not eligible. I'll be here to follow along though

Oh my lanta! Let's do it NY fellas!!!

Or you could come to the fine states of New England.

Just saying.

But the internet told me New England is a bunch of cheaters with squishy balls... :alien:

Not going to lie, I never thought the Northeast was doing to be the second rivalry announced.

So…uh…regulators……MOUNT UP!

Is it wrong that I'm already putting potential pairings in my head for this one? Some of these could be really good.

I'll take New York for the win Alex! Nice to see another Rivalry in the making.

JM

Last edited:
Cool to see another RR match announced so soon after the first one!

No brainer for.me despite living in Boston for years. Have to go with the home state New York on this one.

Not a whole lot of love for New England so far in here. That's fine, this region does pretty well with a chip on its shoulder.

Back