Don't You Hate It When...

Craig Mac

Reaction score
You go to the golf store for one thing and leave with 3 or 4...

My boss told me to stop by the store as they were clearing out some apparel on the cheap. I didn't find anything I liked in apparel, but I saw they had a gently used Nickent 4DX 3 Wood. I have bought enough there that the guys will let me take it for a day or two and demo it, so I was able to take it to the range today and hit a few. While I was on the range I hit it very well yet managed to put a few "sky" marks on it, even though I taped the the top of it. I probably would have bought it anyway as it was a drastic improvement over my old 4 wood, but I felt bad putting a couple sky marks on it. So I now have a new(ish) 3 Wood in the bag. I'll try to get some pics up soon, just don't dog me for the "sky" marks.

They are also holding 2 Used Nickent Arc Blade Wedges(50&56 degree) for me so I can talk to the manager and see what kind of trade in value I can get for a few clubs I have.

You go to the golf store for one thing and leave with 3 or 4...

My boss told me to stop by the store as they were clearing out some apparel on the cheap. I didn't find anything I liked in apparel, but I saw they had a gently used Nickent 4DX 3 Wood. I have bought enough there that the guys will let me take it for a day or two and demo it, so I was able to take it to the range today and hit a few. While I was on the range I hit it very well yet managed to put a few "sky" marks on it, even though I taped the the top of it. I probably would have bought it anyway as it was a drastic improvement over my old 4 wood, but I felt bad putting a couple sky marks on it. So I now have a new(ish) 3 Wood in the bag. I'll try to get some pics up soon, just don't dog me for the "sky" marks.

They are also holding 2 Used Nickent Arc Blade Wedges(50&56 degree) for me so I can talk to the manager and see what kind of trade in value I can get for a few clubs I have.

I have a major problem skying my 3W. Happens all the time. :\

Congrats CM. I dont have the fairway woods from Nickent, but we did review them, but I love the wedges. Some of the best we have hit.

I have a major problem skying my 3W. Happens all the time. :\

For me it's the hybrids, not sure how I managed that off the turf?

For me it's the hybrids, not sure how I managed that off the turf?

LOL. I put a nice skymark on my new 3W the other day. I had it teed no higher than the middle of the club face. I was pretty disappointed. :(

ive always wanted a Nickent fairway wood

ive always wanted a Nickent fairway wood

It was calling me.... Setup is pleasing to the eye, plus it was a stiff flex.

I use to have my old trusty Nike T-40 4 wood, but I only seemed to hook that nowadays so a change was welcome.

While I was on the range I hit it very well yet managed to put a few "sky" marks on it, even though I taped the the top of it.

i got my 907d2 in the mail, took it to the yard, first swing killed the sole with a rock. i mean its not deep or really big, but its just like shoot i cant believe i just hit a rock with a brand new club

Congrats Craig, didnt you just come up on a driver too.

i got my 907d2 in the mail, took it to the yard, first swing killed the sole with a rock. i mean its not deep or really big, but its just like shoot i cant believe i just hit a rock with a brand new club

I know it's going to happen at some point, but right out of the gate sux..

Thats why I go in, get what I need and get out. If I stroll around the store, I will buy a bunch of stuff I dont need and spend waaaaaay too much money.

Thats why I go in, get what I need and get out. If I stroll around the store, I will buy a bunch of stuff I dont need and spend waaaaaay too much money.

hey bake,

same with me... i have my list in mind before i go in, and once im in the store i put the "blinders" on ... roflmbo

I have been looking for a go to 3 wood since my old S2H2 Callaway went "dead". I finally found it in the 4dx 3+ wood I have. I have a UST mamiya X flex in it and this thing is great. I am able to fade and draw it without a problem. I have not had enough work with it to try and hit it low or high yet.

However so far this is the best 3 wood I have found in 8+ years of searching.

Back