Callaway Uni-Flex Shafts

Cobb Islander

Reaction score
Handicap
12 ish
Has anybody had any experience with these shafts? Are they more like a stiff flex or regular flex? I am interested in a set of Callaway X-22 irons but kind of concerned about the shafts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I actually found them quite normal and useful when I tried them. They were not real stiff, and they definitely were not to whippy.

However I would say that they are more stiff than they are regular if that makes sense.

same here. a friend of mine has them in his X-18's and they seem fine to me as well. he has a faster SS than i do and he does great with them. what JB said is right on

I have regular flex in my current irons and when I demo'd the X-22s with the uniflex shafts, they worked great for me. The line from the Callaway rep is that they "are designed so that the faster you swing, the stiffer they become." I don't know about that, but they seem to work for a wide range of players.

My brother has them in his X20's and loves them. His swing speed is about like mine (I swing my driver 93mph average)

I love them in my x-22's. A couple people I've talked to that also have them in the x-22's love them also. I couldn't be happier with my purchase of the x-22's with the uni-flex shafts. I was concerned with them also prior to trying them and then buying them. Like I said I couldn't be happier.

Back