CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

I wore the Zarmas in my Lunar Controls for 36 riding holes this weekend and I continue to see good results. To date I have no slippage issues, nor have I had any fingers on the spikes break off. The conditions during both rounds were hard and rather dry surfaces, but still no issues for me.

I am amazed at how well these spikes seem to be holding up and the wear is super minimal. I'm really contemplating replacing my spikes even though I don't need to yet!!!

Added 36 more holes to the count of the Zarmas and they are still going strong. Chewie saw a finger break off, but I have not seen anything like this yet. Will they last the season? Will the cushioning be lessened by my weekly league play and 190 lb frame? To be continued!

I am amazed at how well these spikes seem to be holding up and the wear is super minimal. I'm really contemplating replacing my spikes even though I don't need to yet!!!
From my first time out with them Saturday it would def be worth it dude, super stable spikes and I had no comfort issues walking on asphalt etc or slipping in really wet conditions. I am testing the Stingers.

From my first time out with them Saturday it would def be worth it dude, super stable spikes and I had no comfort issues walking on asphalt etc or slipping in really wet conditions. I am testing the Stingers.

The traction and non slipping is huge and the comfort is a very close second. I'm going to ask the shop about them the next time I'm out.

Got out for an insomnia fueled round this morning. It was pretty wet from the dew, but the ground was hard. The spikes performed admirably. I didn't really notice the comfort issues I had last week this morning. Perhaps it was just me not being used to the spikes.

They seem to grip the hard earth very well, and show no signs of clogging.

The wear on them is negligable at this point, as soon as they start to show, I will have pictures up.

Yesterday I had a unique experience, the practice bunker was so stinkin hard, more like a dried up river bed. it really sucked but the stingers were surprisingly gripping the ground which I've never seen in the sand before. I was impressed with the spikes there and even though the practice area had recently been watered, the spikes held on to the ground and these spikes really helped me get some nice shots with the ATV that i'm testing too

Another round on Saturday and another round that I didn't notice the spikes (Zarma) which is a great thing! I will continue to say this, but these spikes are incredibly soft on contact. Pavement, grass, bunkers, etc. they feel the same. I now have a good 4 rounds in with the spikes and another couple of range sessions as well. Playing again on Saturday for round 5 so will get some pics of the wear after the round. Big thumbs up for me thus far!

played 18 today with my Zarmas and after my round i was walking to my car and i think the spring is finally starting to not be as much cushioned as it originally was today i really noticed it its not uncomfortable at all just not like they were when i first put them in. i also noticed one of the spikes had one of the prongs broken off and i noticed another 2 were tearing so i guess these are starting to wear a little bit. still didn't have any issues with slippage or them filling with grass and debris. I also didn't think they were uncomfortable on the course just noticed the spring wasn't there after my round like it had been before. here are some pics

after my round did not clean them off in anyway. banged them together after the pic and all the dirt and grass fell right off
IMG_1371.jpg

Pic of the broken prong on the one spike and showing how another one is tearing away. i did notice this in the beginning of my round so it did happen to stay on there for this round.
IMG_1372.jpg

Buck....how many rounds/range sessions have you had now?

8 rounds and about 6 range sessions and 3 chip and putt rounds

Hey guys I will have a full update tomorrow after I get off work! Just a little teaser though I went straight from work to the course today and in 3 days it went from being soaking wet
(like it always is from over watering) to as hard and dry/fast as I have every seen it! It is unreal how quick this drought has changed the course, I guess even the watering isnt enough anymore. The Scorpion Stingers performed amazing today in these conditions, I mean amazing! The bunkers were like dried up creeks, crunchy, hard, and very hard to dig in but I did not slip at all on my one bunker shot. The coolest part is my spikes came out cleaner today than when I started, I never knocked the rest of the debris off from the pics I posted on Saturday and now they look just like they did when I installed them except a little discoloring, not a spec of grass, dirt, sand or any other substance. I will have pics posted tomorrow. I was actually hitting from spots on the course today on my 2nd shots that I have never hit from before from the 50 yards of roll out I was getting on my tee shots so I had some side hill lies and uphill/downhill lies as well. I still have a couple hours of yard work to get done so that's why the full update will be up tomorrow. I am very impressed with these spikes to say the least.

Great updates so far guys

I took a pic of my shoes after my 5th round with them and planned on posting it up here with some thoughts, but low and behold the pic is not on my phone so I'll have to do it again tonight. I havent had the pleasure of playing with these in wet conditions, but so far in the dry, I have enjoyed having them. They still have some "cushy" bounce to them when you walk, but I wonder how long that is going to last, as when I look at the wear on the bottom and makes me think that I might be in trouble in the near future, but really hoping they continue to hold up.

and I LOVE not having to bang the grass off of my shoes after each round!

Think I am going to need to buy me a pair of these. Slipped while taking a shot yesterday and jammed my club into the ground. Super frustrating but at least I will be able to support a great company.

Think I am going to need to buy me a pair of these. Slipped while taking a shot yesterday and jammed my club into the ground. Super frustrating but at least I will be able to support a great company.

dont think u can go wrong with that, they seem to be much better to me than the stock ones that have come in my last 2 pairs of adidas shoes

Great reviews from what I've seen so far, still have a couple of pages to fully catch up. You all are kicking some arse in here, well done!

Is anyone using these in 360 ATV's? Just curious as I might throw some in once my stock spikes wear down.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

played 18 today with my Zarmas and after my round i was walking to my car and i think the spring is finally starting to not be as much cushioned as it originally was today i really noticed it its not uncomfortable at all just not like they were when i first put them in. i also noticed one of the spikes had one of the prongs broken off and i noticed another 2 were tearing so i guess these are starting to wear a little bit. still didn't have any issues with slippage or them filling with grass and debris. I also didn't think they were uncomfortable on the course just noticed the spring wasn't there after my round like it had been before. here are some pics

after my round did not clean them off in anyway. banged them together after the pic and all the dirt and grass fell right off
IMG_1371.jpg

Pic of the broken prong on the one spike and showing how another one is tearing away. i did notice this in the beginning of my round so it did happen to stay on there for this round.
IMG_1372.jpg

Wow Buck, your flat going through these, lol. Non of mine are torn yet, but then I've only walked one 9 hole round. I noticed yesterday these are still pretty springy for me after 7 rounds and a couple range sessions, but huge difference riding. Great pic's, they really show the wear points.

found the pic I took after yesterday's round. These are how the spikes have held up through about 6 rounds. 2 rounds have been walking and the other 4 have been riding. Nothing as bad as Doc on the wear side, and havent had any appear to be tearing away yet either.

spikesafter5rounds.jpg

Here is a pic after yesterdays round. Like I mentioned last night they came out cleaner than before I started since the course was so dry/hard this time. I had quite a few uphill, downhill, and sidehill lies yesterday and I did not have one problem with losing my balance or grip with the Scorpion Stingers. So far these are great and I really hope they continue to impress me! Can not wait to see what they look like in about a month or so. This pic is straight from taking my shoes off, no banging together or anything.
CHAMP2ndround.jpg

Here is a pic after yesterdays round. Like I mentioned last night they came out cleaner than before I started since the course was so dry/hard this time.

Self cleaning spikes FTW!

I know dude lol, when I looked at them I was shocked to be honest. Now if only my clubs did the same thing!

I played my first round with Zarmas last Sunday. They do feel good walking. It was hard to tell about the cushioning as the course was soaking wet because it was raining on and off all last week.
The result:
DSCN0810.JPG

Suprisingly they are cleaner than the week before. A lot cleaner. Most of what is stuck to them is grass and not dirt. Giving them a quick brush should take care of that stuff. To compare I had to use needlenose pliers and a screwdriver to clean the stuff out of them last week, they were so full of mud you couldn't see the logo on the heel.

BTW: Anybody else feel the cleats working when you are on hard surfaces? Kind of feels like little suction cups on the bottom of your shoes.

To the people testing the Zarma, do you like these better than the Black Widow spikes (if you have tried them). I got the Black Widows for the first time a few weeks ago, and I like them a lot, very grabby for me.

So true! I'm just waiting for the round where they finally start to break down. The way they are holding up it might be a while!

Holes walked: 36
Holes with cart: 36
Range sessions: 2

I walked 9 this afternoon with super dry conditions. I have not noticed any more wear since my last review on my Zarmas. I still feel that they have a great grip, andi am very happy with their performance thus far. I play a course Sat. that I have not played in awhile. These spikes are a little ore rigid than others, and. Feel that I why some of us are seeming a little more wear than we am be used to. The Zarmas do not have as much give as my Softspike Pulsars did, but they also have more mass, which I think will win out in the end.

Back