Trucks! Post em Up!

For the guys with 4x4 pickups in snow regions have you had any issues with traction with an empty bed?

Obviously you can't drive at normal speeds in snow. But no I have no issues with traction when in 4wd and an empty bed. Although you have to remember 4wd does not help you stop!

For the guys with 4x4 pickups in snow regions have you had any issues with traction with an empty bed?
My Sierra is equipped with some Nokian Hakepellita tires in the winter and I never even need 4 wheel drive, empty bed or not.
Which is good because the garbage GM transfer case never works properly anyway hahaha.

My Sierra is equipped with some Nokian Hakepellita tires in the winter and I never even need 4 wheel drive, empty bed or not.
Which is good because the garbage GM transfer case never works properly anyway hahaha.

Obviously you can't drive at normal speeds in snow. But no I have no issues with traction when in 4wd and an empty bed. Although you have to remember 4wd does not help you stop!

Funny how so many idiots around here don't understand that concept. That's good to know, I knew guys that loaded up their smaller trucks with a few hundred pounds of sand or something to help with traction back in the mid-late 90s.

i had an avalanche for a couple years and didn't have any issues but wasn't 100% sure about regular pickups.

Not in a snow region but had snow yesterday and had no issues. Weight from a full fuel tank helps a little but like has been said 4wd doesn't help you stop and it doesn't necessarily help on ice.

Best thing is to be smart and patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine rarely sees 4wheel on town roads but where I live busting drifts is normal can literally go from packed crap to 2or3ft drifts a hundred feet long and if locked in 4h the rear end stays put as I truck on.

In 4x2 If I turn the OD off which keeps the turbo spool to a minimum the rear end stays put, but leave the OD on and the rear end will walk out in a second if you are not patient with pouring the diesel into the motor.

Most over think what their 4x4 is capable of and then end up in a bad situation. The only 4x4 truck I need the 4x4 in the snow was a jeep Comanche I had with 5speed and inline 6. That thing was crazy fun but the rear end was lively.

Mine rarely sees 4wheel on town roads but where I live busting drifts is normal can literally go from packed crap to 2or3ft drifts a hundred feet long and if locked in 4h the rear end stays put as I truck on.

In 4x2 If I turn the OD off which keeps the turbo spool to a minimum the rear end stays put, but leave the OD on and the rear end will walk out in a second if you are not patient with pouring the diesel into the motor.

Most over think what their 4x4 is capable of and then end up in a bad situation. The only 4x4 truck I need the 4x4 in the snow was a jeep Comanche I had with 5speed and inline 6. That thing was crazy fun but the rear end was lively.

good info. i think I only used 4x4 a couple times in my avalanche to get out of some high in plowed snow in the neighborhood

Picked up a new F-150 last night! Of course it rained this morning but I love it.

3583d3bab62cb66470bd87f444e7b239.jpg

Big fan of that color

12472479_10154310654906756_390194788905244936_n.jpg

It's FUN working at a Ford dealership!

Raptor on the left (locally owned) and his brothers brand new 2016 Ford F-150 Kansas City Royal "MVP Edition" Supercrew XLT Sport 4x4 on the right.

Great looking truck Jon!

Like the raptor a lot but that 2016 F150 in my opinion is ugly. I prefer the older body styles

Picked up a new F-150 last night! Of course it rained this morning but I love it.

3583d3bab62cb66470bd87f444e7b239.jpg

Great looking truck! I like the rims on your setup Jon, that I do the other option. It's a larger rim and tire, so more expensive to replace, BUT I like the looks more.

Just had new wheels and tires put on today.

900bd199bb042c5bc9ad51080d829e8a.jpg

432c1cff4e0504e8ba9fdf7da16e1b0f.jpg

That's clean Dan!

Just had new wheels and tires put on today.

900bd199bb042c5bc9ad51080d829e8a.jpg

432c1cff4e0504e8ba9fdf7da16e1b0f.jpg
Looks good! It's amazing what a nice wheel/tire package can do for a truck.

Any rubbing issues or did you keep the diameter stock?

Looks good! It's amazing what a nice wheel/tire package can do for a truck.

Any rubbing issues or did you keep the diameter stock?
Thanks. Been looking forever and when I saw this wheel I knew it would be perfect.

No issues with rubbing. The diameter is one that would be an option from the factory. I went from a 17" rim to 20".

Did you build that truck too Bro?

Thanks. Been looking forever and when I saw this wheel I knew it would be perfect.

No issues with rubbing. The diameter is one that would be an option from the factory. I went from a 17" rim to 20".
I put 20s on my GMC but got a little overzealous with tire size ha-ha. They rub at full crank in reverse only.

Woops.

Did you build that truck too Bro?
Not this one. We only build extended cabs and regular cabs. This is a Canada build.

I put 20s on my GMC but got a little overzealous with tire size ha-ha. They rub at full crank in reverse only.

Woops.
Haha. Yeah you have to be careful. But that's not too bad. Just make sure you can back up straight.

My 3 Fords

My 3 Fords

100_1208.jpg221.jpgdiesel_2.jpg221.jpgdiesel_2.jpg

'78 Bronco Ranger XLT

'72 Highboy

'93 XLT IDI Diesel

Last edited:
Back