Wilson Staff Review - THP Demo Day - Full Line

Ci11 Irons- I couldn't wait to see if these irons were as great as I've been hearing from everyone. First of all I loved the looks, the black finish just really looks great to me both from address and in hand. I thought they were very easy to hit and quite long as well. That same target green that was around 150 out or so that I was just getting to with other 8 irons was being flown by balls hit with the Ci11. Sound is great, feel is solid, distance and forgiveness is there as well. Really good iron set.
FG Tour V2 Forged Irons- Hawk did such a great job with his review of these irons I felt like I already knew everything about them before I even hit them. Very easy to hit for such a sleek looking iron. Great looking and pretty solid. The forgiveness, while great for a GE iron wasn't there like the Ci11 set I used just prior (obviously) but otherwise these were rock stars.

DXI Superlight Driver- I liked this better than the original DXI but I still feel like there are better drivers out there. I hit this fine but pretty high and missed a few shots right, much of that could be that I don't really like the super light drivers much, I prefer a little heavier head that I can feel throughout my swing. Not bad though.

FyBrid RS Hybrids & FW Woods- I really liked the FyBrid line a lot. The hybrids especially, very easy to hit and they went nice and high for me. Shots were easy to get aligned and pretty simple to just hit a nice straight ball with them. Distance was pretty much in line with what I was seeing from other similar lofted hybrids and FW throughout the day as well. Looks are very nice, definitely one of the top hybrids I used at demo day.

I was excited to try out the FG Tour V2 since I loved last years FG Tour at last years' outing. Unfortunately I was disappointed. The looks and finish are absolutely gorgeous. Looking down at these are a pleasure. I think perhaps the shaft offering was what turned me off to them. Last years model came stock with the TT DGS300 which works better for me than the KBS offering in the V2. I felt, balance wise, I couldn't get the club head to make solid contact. And when I did the shots looked fairly pedestrian.

Sorry Wilson Staff but I had high hopes for these and wanted them to do well. Perhaps a V3 in the future will fare better for me.

I was one who loved the Fybrid RS 3 wood as far as feel and how I hit it I would have to say it is "the one". While I was hitting it on the range someone behind me said, "that is disgustingly straight" I turned around and SW was grinning at me, that made me laugh but he was right, I was stripping them over and over just as straight as I can point. Blind9 was supposed to get in touch with me about ordering one, but somehow that seems to have fallen through. None of the big stores in Macon carry the Wilson line, so I am planning to head to Atlanta this week and pick one up. I really like that club.

I also demo'ed the FG Tour V2 7 iron and I really did like it too. It was easy to hit and the feel was very solid. It is a beautiful club and in my notes I entered that if I were buying new irons this year, this is the one I would buy.

These two offerings from Wilson were definitely a hit with me.

Last edited:
Loving the comments so far. I put my Fybrid HS back in the bag and I can't figure out why I ever took it out. Thing is a beast and I expect the same from the newer RS model.

I just got a great deal on a 19.5 fybrid HS. What is different between the HS and RS?

I just got a great deal on a 19.5 fybrid HS. What is different between the HS and RS?

HS is last year's model, RS is the latest model.

Back