Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

Holy Moly, how did I miss the pictures of the custom options. I already love these wedges so much and now they step it up like this! The finishes look great, I love the stamps and the skins look incredible. These are flat out great!

I'd have to see some #'s between the two shafts before I believe it's "spinner" like.

Is the Tour Concept shaft from TT or is it a Cleveland shaft?

They made it sound like it was a joint effort, but it's a TT branded shaft.

Is the Tour Concept shaft from TT or is it a Cleveland shaft?

Lots of details on the shaft in the radio show link in the first post. In depth talk from Cleveland on how it was designed and by who.

Sorry dreaded double post.

Thanks JB! I need to sit down and listen to that one. Is that one playable on a mobile device? I think when it tried it before it didn't work. But sorry for the off topic question. I am super excited about these wedges!

Sorry dreaded double post.

Thanks JB! I need to sit down and listen to that one. Is that one playable on a mobile device? I think when it tried it before it didn't work. But sorry for the off topic question. I am super excited about these wedges!

Sure is. You can download it right from the home page and play it on just about any device you would like. Its a simple MP3 file.

Cool thanks! I will try downloading it, I was trying to stream it before.

I wanted to bump this thread because I sent a tweet to @ClevelandGolf asking them when the mycustomwedge.com site would be up. They replied to me "November 25th!"

In case you don't know, November 25th is also Black Friday. New plan: while my wife goes shopping, I'll build some custom wedges for myself online. That's a win-win situation.

I wanted to bump this thread because I sent a tweet to @ClevelandGolf asking them when the mycustomwedge.com site would be up. They replied to me "November 25th!"

In case you don't know, November 25th is also Black Friday. New plan: while my wife goes shopping, I'll build some custom wedges for myself online. That's a win-win situation.

Sounds like a plan to me! I am going to build so many wedges between then and Christmas. That's too much time to wait!!!

Watching SW hit these today on the course and smiling each time was pretty entertaining. He hit some incredible shots with the wedge with the Miyazaki shaft in it.

Wow! I too have been a slacker and just spotted the pic's. All I can say is "Hot Damn", or I guess you could turn that around. These are the sweetest thing's I've seen in a long while.

Watching SW hit these today on the course and smiling each time was pretty entertaining. He hit some incredible shots with the wedge with the Miyazaki shaft in it.

It truly was like rekindling an old flame. I'll post thoughts when I get stationary.

--
tapatalk

All I can say is wow to the customizer.

You know that feeling you get when you lay down in your own bed after being away for a few days? Well that was my feeling today on the range when I picked up this club, it was "hello old friend, how have you been." These will be in my bag asap, customized of course.

From the first 3/4 shot to the last short pitch on the final hole I was completely impressed with the new 588. I imagine most of you have played a 588 at one point in your golfing lives so you know what this club is about.

I played this one with the new miyazaki wedge shaft, talk about goodness on top of greatness! The shaft never concerned me with those "how will this hold up" feelings, if anything it contributed to making the wedge even better.

To me the 588 is the alpha and omega of the wedge conversation, I base everything off of that club. I like the ones in my sig, I love the 588. A simple yet infinitely adaptable sole and leading edge, the classic shape, perfect weighting, and now with clevelands zip grooves. Yes, Danny there is a wedge for you.

I had no issues adjusting back to these wedges, from the first swing they felt crisp and sliced through the turf like a Porsche through freeway traffic. Spin into the greens was impressive even on partial little touch shots, I wonder the miyazaki shaft attributed to this, but did not hit the steel shaft for comparison.

Thinking back over the times I used it today I can only think of two shots that were poor, one was my error for not taking the wetness of the soil into account and the other was because of decellerating. Every other shot was pretty much what I wanted with my skill level.

This post probably sounds like my swing today, over the top, but I can't stress enough how pleased I am that cleveland brought back what is to me, their best club ever. I liked it so much that I flubbed a short shot on the last hole just so I could hit it again. Well that's my story anyway...

You know that feeling you get when you lay down in your own bed after being away for a few days? Well that was my feeling today on the range when I picked up this club, it was "hello old friend, how have you been." These will be in my bag asap, customized of course.

From the first 3/4 shot to the last short pitch on the final hole I was completely impressed with the new 588. I imagine most of you have played a 588 at one point in your golfing lives so you know what this club is about.

I played this one with the new miyazaki wedge shaft, talk about goodness on top of greatness! The shaft never concerned me with those "how will this hold up" feelings, if anything it contributed to making the wedge even better.

To me the 588 is the alpha and omega of the wedge conversation, I base everything off of that club. I like the ones in my sig, I love the 588. A simple yet infinitely adaptable sole and leading edge, the classic shape, perfect weighting, and now with clevelands zip grooves. Yes, Danny there is a wedge for you.

I had no issues adjusting back to these wedges, from the first swing they felt crisp and sliced through the turf like a Porsche through freeway traffic. Spin into the greens was impressive even on partial little touch shots, I wonder the miyazaki shaft attributed to this, but did not hit the steel shaft for comparison.

Thinking back over the times I used it today I can only think of two shots that were poor, one was my error for not taking the wetness of the soil into account and the other was because of decellerating. Every other shot was pretty much what I wanted with my skill level.

This post probably sounds like my swing today, over the top, but I can't stress enough how pleased I am that cleveland brought back what is to me, their best club ever. I liked it so much that I flubbed a short shot on the last hole just so I could hit it again. Well that's my story anyway...

Awesome info SW. You had a pretty good day trying out clubs! Obviously this one is $$$$

The shots you hit with this wedge were incredible today. Anytime you were around the green or even remotely in trouble, the next thing I know you were 5 feet from the pin after a great chip or pitch.

The shots you hit with this wedge were incredible today. Anytime you were around the green or even remotely in trouble, the next thing I know you were 5 feet from the pin after a great chip or pitch.

I can't wait to play around with the custom wedge website. Each day I go online and try to find a way on hahaha. It never works and it is a complete waste of my time but it's still fun to try and dream about these wedges.

Man, I really can't wait to hit these. They sound simply fantastic. It's going to be a long winter.....

Solid write up Danny. I still have my old 588's. They're in terrible shape but I still practice with them. I just picked up the CG15's and I like them so far. These should sell like hot cakes. I love the fact that you can customize them without the skin. You can really make these look like a throwback that way.

Thanks for the info! I really want to see numbers for the Miyazaki wedge shaft and the TC shaft side-by-side. They both are very intriguing!

Awesome info SW. You had a pretty good day trying out clubs! Obviously this one is $$$$

Yes, yes it is. I encourage anyone that can to find a cleveland demo day and try these. The added custom options are just icing on the cake, finally a golfer can get a wedge perfectly made for them. Very impressive.

Now about my putting :alien:

But seriously thank you for letting me spend some time with these. I may need to arrange visitation days.

I meant to ask you, regarding the steel vs graphite have you noticed increased spin with one vs the other. Taking into account the steel is meant to impart more spin.

--
tapatalk

I havent really. I am finding about the same or very close.

Nice write up SW. You have me wanting these wedges even more right now.

I would imagine that anyone with xFT's in their bag should thoroughly enjoy hitting these.

Back