Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

I would imagine that anyone with xFT's in their bag should thoroughly enjoy hitting these.

The xFt's are an acquired taste and were considered the 588's of '09/'10. I am going to make Kristen buy me a set for xmas.

I would imagine that anyone with xFT's in their bag should thoroughly enjoy hitting these.

:devil:

--
tapatalk

Nice post porta. I really like that!

Just got to go through a trial version of the custom wedge site. I could see a lot of time being spent on customizing some wedges. Very intriguing stuff.

Just got to go through a trial version of the custom wedge site. I could see a lot of time being spent on customizing some wedges. Very intriguing stuff.

Will it be launched on the 15th?

Not sure. My guess is later in the month.

November 25th per a tweet that Cleveland Golf sent to me when I asked them about when the custom site would be available.

Sent from Tapatalk

The whole grind thing really interests me, but I have no clue what I'd pick. It's just cool to know you can.

It will be very cool to start customizing your ideal wedges. I love the looks of the skins, but I also love the idea of custom grinds. What am I going to do? Can't wait for this to go live.

I'd be all about the stamping and grinds, but I'm too boring to want the skins. They do look cool. Just aren't my style.

Yeah I do love the stamping option too! I could see myself getting a raw wedge with Custom stamped on it and a special grind. That would look fantastic! I am also really interested in the shafts in these wedges too.

So I broke down and just bought one today...all I can say is wow! Vokey feel but Cleveland weighting. Definitely going to get one customized as soon as I can.

Very nice, c0ncept! You go with the steel shaft?

That is awesome! I have a confession... I may or may not have dreamed about these clubs last night. Just can't wait to see the customization options!

Very nice, c0ncept! You go with the steel shaft?

Yeah steel. I plan on returning it because I want to order them with a certain grind but I wanted to know how it was as well as I needed a 60* badly lol. Very impressed by these wedges.

On my lunch break I took a trip to GG to see whats out. I used to work there so I know the managers well. He was showing me a bunch of the new titleist stuff that hit the floor today including the Vokey Wedges. I told him I couldn't wait to see the 588 wedges and he mentioned that they just received a shipment in earlier today. Thankfully he brought me in to the stock room and there they were! Man they are gorgeous looking. I like the look of the Satin better than the Chrome, but both were beautiful. At address they look extremely similar to the old 588's, which we grabbed one from the used rack and compared.

That is good stuff. I should have the rest of my lofts in the next few days and can start practicing with them. I have been so impressed with this wedge that I cannot wait to get full work in with them.

Uh oh, looks like I'm going to have to stop by GG this weekend to check these out!!!

On my lunch break I took a trip to GG to see whats out. I used to work there so I know the managers well. He was showing me a bunch of the new titleist stuff that hit the floor today including the Vokey Wedges. I told him I couldn't wait to see the 588 wedges and he mentioned that they just received a shipment in earlier today. Thankfully he brought me in to the stock room and there they were! Man they are gorgeous looking. I like the look of the Satin better than the Chrome, but both were beautiful. At address they look extremely similar to the old 588's, which we grabbed one from the used rack and compared.

That's awesome ddec. I was in a Golf Town store around here the other day and asked the manager when the 588s were coming in. He said that the rep was in earlier this week showing them to the staff, but that the clubs wouldn't be available until February! I really didn't believe that, but thought it might be something where colder climates weren't getting them until later. However, with what you saw, I'm calling BS on the guy I talked to.

JB, are you going with your regular 50, 55, and 60? I'm assuming the 55 will be a 56 bent into that loft.

That's awesome ddec. I was in a Golf Town store around here the other day and asked the manager when the 588s were coming in. He said that the rep was in earlier this week showing them to the staff, but that the clubs wouldn't be available until February! I really didn't believe that, but thought it might be something where colder climates weren't getting them until later. However, with what you saw, I'm calling BS on the guy I talked to.

JB, are you going with your regular 50, 55, and 60? I'm assuming the 55 will be a 56 bent into that loft.

Either that or the 50, 54, 58 depending on what feels the best for my setup.

Ary,
He might ahve been speaking of the 588 irons and not the wedges.

I think I was told they would be on the floor for the 25th

Yeah ary I think that guy is full of it. I was able to pick up a 60* Wednesday and am hoping to pick up a 52/56 this weekend. I guess you could always order online.

Either that or the 50, 54, 58 depending on what feels the best for my setup.

Ary,
He might ahve been speaking of the 588 irons and not the wedges.

You might be right about that. Of course, I specifically asked the guy about wedges, not irons. Either way, I want to look at these in the flesh as soon as possible!

Back