Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I think all drivers are "fairly" forgiving in this day and age. But I can also say that numbers dont lie and watching myself and 13 other people hit driver after driver on the launch monitor and see it consistently not match up in "off center" hits says everything to me. I mean cmon now, 3 days ago, yours was for sale in the marketplace after a few struggles.

First that is incorrect info, wasnt for sale because of "struggles", it was because I wanted the cleveland black driver. Second I dont just go by numbers, I think real on course results are better IMO. I have heard of plenty of people having so called perfect numbers then not being able to hit the darn thing or have good results. Just my opinion but I think it comes down to way more than numbers.

First that is incorrect info, wasnt for sale because of "struggles", it was because I wanted the cleveland black driver. Second I dont just go by numbers, I think real on course results are better IMO. I have heard of plenty of people having so called perfect numbers then not being able to hit the darn thing or have good results. Just my opinion but I think it comes down to way more than numbers.

Why are they exclusive?
And if you think numbers dont translate to the course, all the power to you. However before saying that, should you not at least be on a monitor and see what the numbers say? You mentioned previously that you have not done so, so its hard to say they dont matter as much without going through it. That would be like someone saying that a driver stinks without trying it. Not correct info.

Why are they exclusive?
And if you think numbers dont translate to the course, all the power to you. However before saying that, should you not at least be on a monitor and see what the numbers say?

Im not saying totally throw out the numbers, I am just saying there is more to it than numbers. Its kinda like the forged vs cast deal, except this is numbers vs on course results, everybody goes about it differently and has different opinions. I would love to get on a monitor, just havent had the chance yet.

Im not saying totally throw out the numbers, I am just saying there is more to it than numbers. Its kinda like the forged vs cast deal, except this is numbers vs on course results, everybody goes about it differently and has different opinions. I would love to get on a monitor, just havent had the chance yet.

But its not numbers vs on course results. They go together. They work together to provide the most data to make informed decisions and to provide accurate data on what is doing what in terms of details. Its not about this vs that. Until you have actually seen the data and what it provides, its hard to say what your saying in my opinion.

But its not numbers vs on course results. They go together. They work together to provide the most data to make informed decisions and to provide accurate data on what is doing what in terms of details. Its not about this vs that. Until you have actually seen the data and what it provides, its hard to say what your saying in my opinion.

Again thats your opinion. Im all for data dont get me wrong but hitting a driver good is hitting a driver good, you dont have to be on a LM to see that.

Again thats your opinion. Im all for data dont get me wrong but hitting a driver good is hitting a driver good, you dont have to be on a LM to see that.

I give up. Your right, its purely an opinion that numbers matter.

I am not looking to get in the middle of the numbers vs on course debate but I will say this, I find I swing different when I am at the store on the monitor than when I out on the course. I will also add that this also includes the few swings I took at the last outing on the monitor with JB looking on. I was much tighter and worried I would damage something while on the monitor so I do not think I take "true" swings when trying to come up with number. Again this is just me I am talking about here.

I am not looking to get in the middle of the numbers vs on course debate but I will say this, I find I swing different when I am at the store on the monitor than when I out on the course. I will also add that this also includes the few swings I took at the last outing on the monitor with JB looking on. I was much tighter and worried I would damage something while on the monitor so I do not think I take "true" swings when trying to come up with number. Again this is just me I am talking about here.

That is a simulator, not a launch monitor in most cases. Very different things. Using launch monitor data is done in most cases with a session of swings on an outdoor area to provide accurate data in ball flight.

Ok I will bet that I hit more fairways at Grand Cypress this year and whup more butts with this driver than humanly possibly? Anybody want to bet?

Hit more fairways than what or who?

Depends on who I am playing with. I have no doubts I can hit this driver further and longer and more fairways (FIR) than the average Thp'er on any given course.

That is a simulator, not a launch monitor in most cases. Very different things. Using launch monitor data is done in most cases with a session of swings on an outdoor area to provide accurate data in ball flight.

Ok thanks for the clarification... in general I swing a lot worse when I see one of those devices than I do with nothing around me on the tee box. If someone could create a testing device in the style of a radar gun police use on the roads, I think that would be an interesting advancement.

I think you are both right in this case proof for me is what happens on the golfcourse, but it would be nice to have some guidance as to where I should begin my search when looking for a new driver. So if a monitor can narrow things down to a group or possible drivers, I will then go to the course and see what the results are. Last year at the outing, after the testing with JB it was his suggestion that I look at the Cleveland driver, so I took it and the Cobra S3 out on the course. I liked the S3 merely for appearance and I had hit a couple good shots on the range that morning. Well after 9 holes my mind was made up, I was alternating drives between the two and the ones I hit with the Cleveland were no where close to being as good as the ones I hit with the Cobra. I finished the round exclusively hitting the S3 and became very comfortable with that driver, so much so that I bought one right after ( the wrong color mind you but I corrected that). Now am I saying that what the numbers on the monitor showed were wrong? No that is not it at all. But I am saying in my case they did not provide me the best option on the course.

Hey if I could play this driver in the Morgan Cup they would all be crying!

Depends on who I am playing with. I have no doubts I can hit this driver further and longer and more fairways (FIR) than the average Thp'er on any given course.

Ok Gray I will tell you what... you are looking for a bet and no one is biting so your ole buddy Rhino will. I have $20 that says without me even seeing the course, I will hit more fairways in one round at the outing with your old friend the :cobra: than you do with your club. Again merely accuracy, not distance. What do you say Ole Former Snake Charmer? Ready for the new kid on the block to take your money????

Ok thanks for the clarification... in general I swing a lot worse when I see one of those devices than I do with nothing around me on the tee box. If someone could create a testing device in the style of a radar gun police use on the roads, I think that would be an interesting advancement.

I think you are both right in this case proof for me is what happens on the golfcourse, but it would be nice to have some guidance as to where I should begin my search when looking for a new driver. So if a monitor can narrow things down to a group or possible drivers, I will then go to the course and see what the results are. Last year at the outing, after the testing with JB it was his suggestion that I look at the Cleveland driver, so I took it and the Cobra S3 out on the course. I liked the S3 merely for appearance and I had hit a couple good shots on the range that morning. Well after 9 holes my mind was made up, I was alternating drives between the two and the ones I hit with the Cleveland were no where close to being as good as the ones I hit with the Cobra. I finished the round exclusively hitting the S3 and became very comfortable with that driver, so much so that I bought one right after ( the wrong color mind you but I corrected that). Now am I saying that what the numbers on the monitor showed were wrong? No that is not it at all. But I am saying in my case they did not provide me the best option on the course.

That is not the same thing as what I was speaking about. We were speaking about forgiveness. Forgiveness can be measured by actual data. Choosing one driver over another when a person might struggle with a semi-repeatable swing is a different animal altogether as results are going to come from confidence in hitting one decent over the other and it could change every single round. Measuring an actual data point such as launch, spin, forgiveness, etc is something that data should be used with. I have NEVER once said someone should not look at on course testing. What I said was that data was the only way to truly measure accurately what was happening and someone making certain assessments.

Ok Gray I will tell you what... you are looking for a bet and no one is biting so your ole buddy Rhino will. I have $20 that says without me even seeing the course, I will hit more fairways in one round at the outing with your old friend the :cobra: than you do with your club. Again merely accuracy, not distance. What do you say Ole Former Snake Charmer? Ready for the new kid on the block to take your money????

Sorry buddy but that is easy money! You are on however if we are not in the same group it will be not be the same. I want JB in my group so I can take him to the wood shed. I will whup him so bad he will not want to show up at the great and meet at night... I really feel bad for him as he is digging a deep hole.... I mean he is Mr THP and he wants to get whupped like a red headed step child from ole gray... hahaha yea he is scared!

That is not the same thing as what I was speaking about. We were speaking about forgiveness. Forgiveness can be measured by actual data. Choosing one driver over another when a person might struggle with a semi-repeatable swing is a different animal altogether as results are going to come from confidence in hitting one decent over the other and it could change every single round. Measuring an actual data point such as launch, spin, forgiveness, etc is something that data should be used with. I have NEVER once said someone should not look at on course testing. What I said was that data was the only way to truly measure accurately what was happening and someone making certain assessments.

Ok I will bow out of the conversation then. I'll go back to finishing this bet to take Ole Gray's $$$$

Sorry buddy but that is easy money! You are on however if we are not in the same group it will be not be the same. I want JB in my group so I can take him to the wood shed. I will whup him so bad he will not want to show up at the great and meet at night... I really feel bad for him as he is digging a deep hole.... I mean he is Mr THP and he wants to get whupped like a red headed step child from ole gray... hahaha yea he is scared!

You are right Gray it is easy, from what I am reading I would just need to hit one or two fairways and I would will win the bet. Ok you can continue your endless assault on JB and try to get him to put you in his group. I wish you luck in the effort.

You are right Gray it is easy, from what I am reading I would just need to hit one or two fairways and I would will win the bet. Ok you can continue your endless assault on JB and try to get him to put you in his group. I wish you luck in the effort.

If we get to play together Rhino I will whup you like a step child! I will hit more fairways and shoot a lower score so don't even think about it. It's like thinking JB has a chance against me at the May outing. The dude is going to get waxed so he needs to leave it alone......

Lets keep this thread to the 910 please. Thanks.

I had a pretty good Saturday with the 910. I am really enjoying this driver and have found a driver/shaft combination that really seems to be working well for me. I also like it on firm fairways as well as soft. I just like this driver.

I had a pretty good Saturday with the 910. I am really enjoying this driver and have found a driver/shaft combination that really seems to be working well for me. I also like it on firm fairways as well as soft. I just like this driver.

Sorry for having a bad memory SethO but what shaft are you playing in it? Isnt it the Ahina or am I way wrong lol.

Back