What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot 43 + 37 today for an 80. If this my poor round then I pity my step chillun!

Good shooting buddy, did you take the money today?

95. If it weren't for the puttee I wouldn't of broke 100. Everything was just off today

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Great round W E and Matty good putting

I might of had 30 putts. 5-6 one putts. Too bad they were to save par or bogey.

I might of had 30 putts. 5-6 one putts. Too bad they were to save par or bogey.

One putts are good whatever they are for!

Yeah mattys putter was on today(since he forgot to mention he played with me today lol)

As for me I had a bad 86. I believe 4 double bogeys? and three of them were in 4 holes. Just bad but the irons were pretty good today but putting killed me. Maybe 2-3 3 putts since I couldn't get the pace down, just not used to good/decent greens. But enjoyed the weather and company. Great day to play golf in Delaware for sure.

Great rounds war.eagle & Alex!!

Today was day 2 of the club championship and did not go as well as I had hoped for. Breakdown of numbers:

Score: 88
FW: 8/13
GIR: 5/18 (all on back 9)
Putts: 35

3 doubles, and then a mix of bogeys and pars. Started off strong with par, par and then the bogey train started and I could not get off to save my life. Was bombing drives all day long but not hitting the wedges well at all. Fat, thin, flub you name it and I did it - whether it was 105 yards out or 10 yards out. No putts made over 7 feet, just one of those days.

Highlight of the day was on hole 14 which is a par 3 playing at 164 and I stuck a 6 iron 8 feet left of the flag to win a closest to the hole contest but proceeded to miss the birdie putt.

Feels like I shot a 95 and was honestly surprised to break 90. Lots of stuff to work on!!

Finished middle of the pack both net and gross. Until next time...

Tappin' from my iPad!

Sorry you didn't do as well as you hoped cookie, but at least you got some reps in. Maybe next year!

At least it gave you a taste of competition.

That's not bad Cookie! And when you feel you played that badly but actually broke 90, you know you're improving a lot. Way to go bud!

Great rounds war.eagle & Alex!!

Today was day 2 of the club championship and did not go as well as I had hoped for. Breakdown of numbers:

Score: 88
FW: 8/13
GIR: 5/18 (all on back 9)
Putts: 35

3 doubles, and then a mix of bogeys and pars. Started off strong with par, par and then the bogey train started and I could not get off to save my life. Was bombing drives all day long but not hitting the wedges well at all. Fat, thin, flub you name it and I did it - whether it was 105 yards out or 10 yards out. No putts made over 7 feet, just one of those days.

Highlight of the day was on hole 14 which is a par 3 playing at 164 and I stuck a 6 iron 8 feet left of the flag to win a closest to the hole contest but proceeded to miss the birdie putt.

Feels like I shot a 95 and was honestly surprised to break 90. Lots of stuff to work on!!

Finished middle of the pack both net and gross. Until next time...

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie:

Thanks on the round.

Congrats on your round as well. The lack of greens hurt you but you know what? You have a lot to take away from that round. You identified some issues to work on...so grab a hard hat and get to work. You're on your way to breaking 80. It's a good feeling though when you struggle and then you realize that it wasn't as bad as you thought. That means something... it's a positive and that iit's there for the taking.

I know I'm not a Goltec guy but if I were to see your swing I think I'd identify a sway and a swing that's too quick. Getting quick on the takeaway will cause that sway.

Alex

Thanks guys! I was pleased to see 88 all things considered.

Smalls - great to get the competitive thing going and looks like I will be playing with these guys weekly in low money ($20 buy in) followed by the Presidents Cup in 2 weekends. Glad to get exposed to this; pressure is good and is a different animal.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks Alex! I agree - definitely took some positives away from it. About to start lessons with the club pro - work is beginning and this is the perfect time for it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks Alex! I agree - definitely took some positives away from it. About to start lessons with the club pro - work is beginning and this is the perfect time for it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Awesome man! It'll take some time and some frustration but... stay the course. It'll pay off and you'll have fun in the process.

Alex

round1.jpg

Shot a 40/39; 79. First time I have broken 80 in months, and my personal best at this course by 7 strokes. Chipped in on #18 to break 80!

Short game was working well today, first round with my new SeeMore and I finished 25 putts, with only one 3 putt for the day.

Left a 60 ft birdie putt an inch short on #12, and had a 10ft birdie putt lip out on #13. Had a good round, but kicking myself over the two doubles I had on the back.

war.eagle:

Very nice round and good job on bouncing back to sub 80.

Alex

I meant to ask... Wilson Staff or TM?

Tappin' from my iPad!

First tournament Cookie, good job on getting out there and competing. You probably learned more about your game in those two rounds about your game than you have in a while. Competition makes you think differently, at least in my experience it does.

Good job man, now go out there and take their money on a weekly basis!

45|43 for an 88 with 31 putts. I had 2 penalty strokes and I was pushing the ball all day. I kept leaving the face open at impact, but I was making solid contact and that is good. Still trying to work with the swing changes and I feel it is going well. The most important thing is that I had a great time and it was beautiful.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

45|43 for an 88 with 31 putts. I had 2 penalty strokes and I was pushing the ball all day. I kept leaving the face open at impact, but I was making solid contact and that is good. Still trying to work with the swing changes and I feel it is going well. The most important thing is that I had a great time and it was beautiful.

I really think you're hitting the ball great Seth. I was very impressed at the state of your game right now. I will also say that you hit that Turdleist very, very well! Keep working on that short game buddy!

Glad you had a great time and the weather was great. Sometimes score isn't the most important thing.

Nice round there Seth!! Always nice to get out with friends, especially nice with THP friends..

Only played 14 holes today, but it was a good 14 holes. The good driving of the ball continued on to today and it was like last round except the putting was there. I shot 35 on the front with 8 pars and a birdie. Then on the back I parred each hole until I reached 14 in which I bogeyed. I had to leave the course unfortunately, but it was a fun round of golf.

Yeah mattys putter was on today(since he forgot to mention he played with me today lol)

As for me I had a bad 86. I believe 4 double bogeys? and three of them were in 4 holes. Just bad but the irons were pretty good today but putting killed me. Maybe 2-3 3 putts since I couldn't get the pace down, just not used to good/decent greens. But enjoyed the weather and company. Great day to play golf in Delaware for sure.

haha year your putter was ehh. but your irons and ball striking are good! i wish i was thaat consistent!.. oh well if anything i rather have a good putter then anything!!.. let me know if your free this week since it will be 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back