What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the weather was nice enough to get another round in. Temp. was around 12 C (52 F) today and breezy. Played with 2 older fellas @ Buck Ridge GC. Came in with an 88 (43 out-45 in). Only bright spot was another birdie and a couple recovery shots from penalty positions. Well, tomorrow's looking good too, but there's some work around the house to take care of. Another bright spot was witnessing the twosome behind me. On the 5th hole, heard the guy take his tee shot, I looked at the green and ball land 8 ft away from hole, rolled straight in for his ace. That was cool and we let him know it. Awesome shot!!

45|43 for an 88 with 31 putts. I had 2 penalty strokes and I was pushing the ball all day. I kept leaving the face open at impact, but I was making solid contact and that is good. Still trying to work with the swing changes and I feel it is going well. The most important thing is that I had a great time and it was beautiful.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Nice round. Great to hear that you're making solid contact. Keep working on those changes. It's even better that you had a great time.

Alex

I really think you're hitting the ball great Seth. I was very impressed at the state of your game right now. I will also say that you hit that Turdleist very, very well! Keep working on that short game buddy!

Thanks bro! Your game is awesome as always!

Well, the weather was nice enough to get another round in. Temp. was around 12 C (52 F) today and breezy. Played with 2 older fellas @ Buck Ridge GC. Came in with an 88 (43 out-45 in). Only bright spot was another birdie and a couple recovery shots from penalty positions. Well, tomorrow's looking good too, but there's some work around the house to take care of. Another bright spot was witnessing the twosome behind me. On the 5th hole, heard the guy take his tee shot, I looked at the green and ball land 8 ft away from hole, rolled straight in for his ace. That was cool and we let him know it. Awesome shot!!

We certainly are in bonus weather in Ontario right now aren't we? Where is Garden Village? You had some bright spots and that's cool... I'm sure there were others but the main thing is you got out. Cool that you witnessed the Ace.

Alex

Great rounds war.eagle & Alex!!

Today was day 2 of the club championship and did not go as well as I had hoped for. Breakdown of numbers:

Score: 88
FW: 8/13
GIR: 5/18 (all on back 9)
Putts: 35

3 doubles, and then a mix of bogeys and pars. Started off strong with par, par and then the bogey train started and I could not get off to save my life. Was bombing drives all day long but not hitting the wedges well at all. Fat, thin, flub you name it and I did it - whether it was 105 yards out or 10 yards out. No putts made over 7 feet, just one of those days.

Highlight of the day was on hole 14 which is a par 3 playing at 164 and I stuck a 6 iron 8 feet left of the flag to win a closest to the hole contest but proceeded to miss the birdie putt.

Feels like I shot a 95 and was honestly surprised to break 90. Lots of stuff to work on!!

Finished middle of the pack both net and gross. Until next time...

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie, nice work bro! Important that you had fun! Glad you were bombing the driver!!

44/40 84. I had 3 three putts and one four putt, lol. I had 3 penalty strokes and a quad bogey. I hit my driver pretty well, but absolutely sucked with my 3w, which was odd. Duffed a few chips/floppers and a short approach shot onto a par 5 after hitting a great drive.

What I shot.

What I shot.

Today it was 38 degrees at tee off and I was not willing to give up the jacket and scarf up for mobility...at least not until the 8th hole when I was already 7 over. It warmed up nicely at I ended up finishing with an 81 - shooting 43 and 38. Still learning my new course but the stroke came back and overall it was a nice Sunday morning round.

We certainly are in bonus weather in Ontario right now aren't we? Where is Garden Village? You had some bright spots and that's cool... I'm sure there were others but the main thing is you got out. Cool that you witnessed the Ace.

Alex

Yeah, a bonus with our weather today. Garden Village is between Sturgeon Falls & North Bay. Hey, I played NFGC 3 weeks ago with my buddy. Was showering for front 9 and windy that day. Nice course to play. TC, Alex

44/40 84. I had 3 three putts and one four putt, lol. I had 3 penalty strokes and a quad bogey. I hit my driver pretty well, but absolutely sucked with my 3w, which was odd. Duffed a few chips/floppers and a short approach shot onto a par 5 after hitting a great drive.

Did you dress nice? Hehehe

Sturgeon Falls...way too nice. Great fishing. She's not a bad course...it's a fair course. Except the tree on the first and guarding 10. Granted I haven't seen it for some time. New ownership took it over. If you're ever in the area again give Beechwood a look and hopefully by then the back nine at Grassy Brook will be done. Greens second to none.

Alex

45|43 for an 88 with 31 putts. I had 2 penalty strokes and I was pushing the ball all day. I kept leaving the face open at impact, but I was making solid contact and that is good. Still trying to work with the swing changes and I feel it is going well. The most important thing is that I had a great time and it was beautiful.

That my friend is a day well spent, nice putting and glad you enjoyed the day.

47-43, I just need to spend more time at the range and work on some issues. I am ok with my chipping and my putting is so so, mainly driver help is what I need.

That would have made my day, it certainly made it a memorable day for you too. Glad you enjoyed your day.

That my friend is a day well spent, nice putting and glad you enjoyed the day.

Absolutely! Between Church, golfing and one of my favorite TV shows, this has been a grand day.

I played terrible today for it being such a great sunny day. I'm not sure of the total because I "kinda" left the card on the cart, got distracted or something. Old age does that to ya!

47-43, I just need to spend more time at the range and work on some issues. I am ok with my chipping and my putting is so so, mainly driver help is what I need.

Your chipping and putting were great Vince. Did you keep track of your putts today? I would think you were right around 30.

Played 36 today a bit chilly and pretty windy. Shot 88 and 91. So much for my best round ever.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Wow, is it really November? More shorts/short sleeve weather today, bright, and sunny. I played the blues, 70.2/132 and walked--gosh it felt great. Pretty solid most of the day except for 5 over on holes 14-16. The greens were lightening fast with some tough pins in slopes and I had NO three putts:clapp: and only 32 putts on the day. 80 (39, 41)

Wow, is it really November? More shorts/short sleeve weather today, bright, and sunny. I played the blues, 70.2/132 and walked--gosh it felt great. Pretty solid most of the day except for 5 over on holes 14-16. The greens were lightening fast with some tough pins in slopes and I had NO three putts:clapp: and only 32 putts on the day. 80 (39, 41)

Why don't you tub it in

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Your chipping and putting were great Vince. Did you keep track of your putts today? I would think you were right around 30.

Right, 30 putts. I don't think I had any 3 putts but driver has been killing me. If it wasn't for scrambling I would be done.

Tap-in Talking

Played Friday...ugly 92, had a few OB and blew up on the 2 par 3's on the back, took triples on each. Made some long putts to save the day.

shot 87 yesterday, didnt do anything real good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back