Sheffield Hits 500th

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Started with Brewers as a SS and ended (as of now) with the Mets. 8 teams if my math is correct. He also has 250 stolen bases making him only one of 4 guys with 500 and 250. Is he a HOF?

I don't think he even sniffs it. Frank Thomas and Palmeiro are also guys that have 500 HRs and never led their league. He only got 40 in a season twice. And this was an era where guys like Brady Anderson, Brett Boone, etc... were all jacking 40.

He is a couple of years older than me, but he was a high school legend in Tampa for his game and his uncle (D. Gooden). But his attitude his taken him all over the map for teams. By the way, he had the same attitude as a kid too.

We used to have a good nick name for Sheffield when he was a Dodger. He managed to piss all of LA off and everyone was glad to see him go. I really dont like him.

His numbers are Hall worthy, but I think the whole Cream & Clear thing will come back to bite him.

We used to have a good nick name for Sheffield when he was a Dodger. He managed to piss all of LA off and everyone was glad to see him go. I really dont like him.

His numbers are Hall worthy, but I think the whole Cream & Clear thing will come back to bite him.

Gas beat me to it, can't stand him.

I can't stand Sheff.

Here is Sheffields famous quote when he was a Dodger. Ill see if I can find the one where he talks trash about the LA fans, and this was all while he was still a Dodger.
"And you talk about risk, that I'm a risk? That's an insult. ... I'm getting less than Dreifort? I'm getting just $3 million more than Carlos Perez? It's not my fault they signed Perez to that stupid contract. It's not my fault they gave Eric Karros a no-trade clause when he's got no value. It's not my fault they gave Greenie all that money.

"They give out all of these dumb contracts, and when it comes to me -- nothing. And I'm even willing to defer a lot of the money for that. They were saying how they lost $25 million. I almost laughed in their face."

There is another one he has calling the Dodger Organization racist (yeah the same organization who Jackie Robinson played for) and says they aren't diversified enough. Vin Scully blasted him for that one.

He is a punk. The way he left Milwaukee was less than admirable.

Back