What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
some PUP's for the woods/hybrid.

Early birthday/xmas present from my Mom, aka "KellyBo"! TY!

I was checking out the Golf Town website last night, and while checking out drivers I saw IT. The deal that triggered the switch in my brain that unleashes the "you really can't pass this up" part of my inner-dialogue. Calaway Diablo Octane drivers on sale for less than $200!

Now, I have been intending to try a few drivers: Cleveland Black, Ping G20, Ping K15, Adams 9088 UL. Callaway Diablo Octane was not on the list, because I'm not crazy about the looks. But for $198, I can ignore the looks!

So I go to Golf Town this morning, and wouldn't you know it?!? They have Adams a7OS hybrid/iron sets on sale as well! And it gets even better - they had Adams F10 Drivers & Fairway woods on uber-sale: $100 for the driver, $75 for the fairway wood!

So, I pick up a driver and a 3W and wander over to the test simulator. The very nice (and easy on the eyes, I must say) sales girl tapes over the club heads and graciously refrains from laughing as I hit a dozen shots with each. I thought they felt OK, definitely better than the clone club I'm currently using, but I thought I should still check out what I came to the store for in the first place. Sales girl grabs a Diablo Octane, tapes it up, and it feels much better on the first few swings. The simulator shows a bit more distance, and bit less dispersion, and I decide it's worth the extra money.

Next, the sales girl grabs an 8-iron from the a7OS set. I've never hit a short-iron with a graphite shaft before, but it did not disappoint. If the simulator can be trusted, I'll be getting an extra 10 yards with this club versus what I'm currently using.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced, and make the purchase. $931 later, I'm itching to try these out for real. Funny, isn't it, how you walk in to a store planning to spend $200, and end up spending $900+:banana:

Truthfully, though, I've had my eye on the a7OS stuff for a long time, so pulling the trigger was pretty much a no brainer after seeing the price and trying the 8-iron.

Next up: Golf shoes, wedges, and a putter!!!

ETA: for anyone doing the math, the $931 includes a Diablo Octane driver & 3w, plus the Adams a7OS 3H - PW.

Sounds like a great day, congrats!

Got to pickup my new putter. Also picked up a new divot repair tool (couldn't for the life of me find my old one, reckon it's fallen out of my pocket somewhere). Also tried out some fairway woods but haven't bought one yet.

Bought my Dad a Mashie. Looking to buy a set of clubs for my step mom who is just starting out.

I bought a Titelist Scotty Cameron Detour 2 putter yesterday on E-Bay, thought that was the one I wanted, then played golf, came home and looked at it again and figured out that the Detour 2 is the center shaft model with no bend in the shaft. The just plain detour is heel shafted with a bend that puts your hands a little in front of the ball. Got a full refund and looking for the Detour 1 with my new found knowledge ! I love reading this thread, takes some of the guilt away from being a die hard equipment junkie !!! Kind of like a bunch of alcoholics ENCOURAGING each other to drink more !

Yesterday bought a brown and tan Nike winter hat

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

A 2012 Ping Pioneer cart bag

Thats too bad man. They were 99$ last week on rock bottom golf. They still might be.

I was checking out the Golf Town website last night, and while checking out drivers I saw IT. The deal that triggered the switch in my brain that unleashes the "you really can't pass this up" part of my inner-dialogue. Calaway Diablo Octane drivers on sale for less than $200!

Now, I have been intending to try a few drivers: Cleveland Black, Ping G20, Ping K15, Adams 9088 UL. Callaway Diablo Octane was not on the list, because I'm not crazy about the looks. But for $198, I can ignore the looks!

So I go to Golf Town this morning, and wouldn't you know it?!? They have Adams a7OS hybrid/iron sets on sale as well! And it gets even better - they had Adams F10 Drivers & Fairway woods on uber-sale: $100 for the driver, $75 for the fairway wood!

So, I pick up a driver and a 3W and wander over to the test simulator. The very nice (and easy on the eyes, I must say) sales girl tapes over the club heads and graciously refrains from laughing as I hit a dozen shots with each. I thought they felt OK, definitely better than the clone club I'm currently using, but I thought I should still check out what I came to the store for in the first place. Sales girl grabs a Diablo Octane, tapes it up, and it feels much better on the first few swings. The simulator shows a bit more distance, and bit less dispersion, and I decide it's worth the extra money.

Next, the sales girl grabs an 8-iron from the a7OS set. I've never hit a short-iron with a graphite shaft before, but it did not disappoint. If the simulator can be trusted, I'll be getting an extra 10 yards with this club versus what I'm currently using.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced, and make the purchase. $931 later, I'm itching to try these out for real. Funny, isn't it, how you walk in to a store planning to spend $200, and end up spending $900+:banana:

Truthfully, though, I've had my eye on the a7OS stuff for a long time, so pulling the trigger was pretty much a no brainer after seeing the price and trying the 8-iron.

Next up: Golf shoes, wedges, and a putter!!!

ETA: for anyone doing the math, the $931 includes a Diablo Octane driver & 3w, plus the Adams a7OS 3H - PW.

Purchased a TaylorMade R11 T3 Fairway Wood 14*. Trying to finish up my bag.

Last edited:
Cruisin around Amazon and found a price mistake of $32.07 for a new CG16 Satin Wedge at 52°
Immediately after ordering the price on the last one went back up to $99...

Living right I suppose... hehehe

Early birthday/xmas present from my Mom, aka "KellyBo"! TY!

It's a beautiful putter! I hope it performs as beautifully for you as it looks.

Thats too bad man. They were 99$ last week on rock bottom golf. They still might be.

Yeah they still are at that price. They've actually got some pretty cheap drivers on there at the moment. Including a $249 R11... got me tempted, if only I can convince the wife that I NEED two drivers.

Yesterday at Golf Galaxy I bought a new Adidas sweater in cinder/white and bought this for this .

SeeMore mFGP Private-Reserve....for 70.00. Couldn't not pull the trigger for that.

Also, THP has made it to eBay! There is a SeeMore HC up on the Bay now lol

Shopped today at a great place called THP. Bought:

another t-shirt
another 2 hats
more tees

SeeMore mFGP Private-Reserve....for 70.00. Couldn't not pull the trigger for that.

That is a great deal. I just sent mine to SeeMore today to get converted into a belly putter. I think you were a previous owner actually.

I picked up the Ecco Streets today from their Cyber Monday promo.

Very nice Jman.

That is a great deal. I just sent mine to SeeMore today to get converted into a belly putter. I think you were a previous owner actually.

I picked up the Ecco Streets today from their Cyber Monday promo.

Very nice Jman.

Thanks gents. The collection has been a little bare without a SeeMore amongst it anyhow.

I should also reiterate about the HC on eBay, it is NOT my THP cover as you will need to pry all three of mine from my cold dead hands.

Thanks gents. The collection has been a little bare without a SeeMore amongst it anyhow.

I should also reiterate about the HC on eBay, it is NOT my THP cover as you will need to pry all three of mine from my cold dead hands.

I was hopeing it was an older one so I could add to my collection as I have the 2011.

I bought a dozen of orange nike pd long balls at the proshop.

Feels really weird to see something I had hand in designing so anonymously posted on ebay. Kinda makes me feel important or something.

Feels really weird to see something I had hand in designing so anonymously posted on ebay. Kinda makes me feel important or something.

Its gotta be a pretty cool feeling for sure Seth. I've said it before, you did a kick ass job.

Oh...yeah...

**COUGH** Like newSeeMore CSone 350g cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap (130!) **COUGH**

YAY for B-Day money! LOL (and YES we all know I have a problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back