PXG 0311t irons - unofficial review

Did not see if you got wedges also, Kang - I would be interested to hear your thoughts if you did.
I did not get their wedges. Pretty set on my md3 and pm grind

I love the look of these clubs! Can't wait to hear the feedback.

Hit these for a bit at golfsmith sim. Coming from srixon z945 and mizuno mp5, the profile at address sits right in between the two imo. Right away it provides a bit of familiarity. The pw is much shorter in blade length, something resembling apex mb in size, then increases slowly but steadily through the set. The look at address of mid irons are perfectly suitable for a player seeking the modern sized blade/player cavity. The long irons are a bit bigger and have slightly more offset but nothing that is a turn off (and I'm pretty particular), never approaching the size/offset of irons like xr pro. The feel off the face is what i can describe as a solid "thwack." Not as soft as the 945, but only slightly firmer. Perhaps it's just the sound, I'll put on some headphones next time to see if I can discern a difference in feel without the sound. Distances are a touch longer than my srixons in the 7 iron but touch shorter in the pw. I think I'm spinning the shorter irons more in these, most likely I'm swinging these faster with the 95g shafts vs 120.

Interesting thoughts Kang.

Did you have a "wow" moment at any time with them?

Interesting thoughts Kang.

Did you have a "wow" moment at any time with them?
I have that moment every time I see a new release lmao

Good stuff KC! I would probably drop a lot less cash and go for 945's with custom upgrades before I got these though.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Good stuff KC! I would probably drop a lot less cash and go for 945's with custom upgrades before I got these though.

Says the guys with Miura's. Lol jk

Says the guys with Miura's. Lol jk
Hey! I just got lucky is all. Deals come sometimes, and then there are other times you hit the jackpot.

Do you plan to reshaft these Kang? If so what ones are going in?

Hey! I just got lucky is all. Deals come sometimes, and then there are other times you hit the jackpot.

Do you plan to reshaft these Kang? If so what ones are going in?

I think I'll keep the program f15 95x in these. I'm trying to go lighter so that I can turn with less effort. Will see how it pans out.

Also of note, these heads are .370 bore. Pxg does provide some type of adaptor that allows you to install .355 though

I think I'll keep the program f15 95x in these. I'm trying to go lighter so that I can turn with less effort. Will see how it pans out.

Also of note, these heads are .370 bore. Pxg does provide some type of adaptor that allows you to install .355 though
Can't wait to hit these :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hit these :)

Yessir. They will be in the bag and my bag is always open to thpers:) simple rule of "you mess it up you bought it" in effect lol

Yessir. They will be in the bag and my bag is always open to thpers:) simple rule of "you mess it up you bought it" in effect lol
I certainly will not over flex that x shaft ha-ha

I certainly will not over flex that x shaft ha-ha

Hahaha you never know. Might wake up feeling froggy!

Hahaha you never know. Might wake up feeling froggy!
Is "wake up feeling froggy" a euphemism for regaining consciousness under a big girl?

Would love to see some side by side comparison pics with the Srixons if you get a chance.

Would love to see some side by side comparison pics with the Srixons if you get a chance.
Will put up some comparison pix tomorrow

Great looking sticks brother. Way beyond my ability and price range, but interested in your thoughts.

Yup still love the looks of these.

Nice initial thoughts Kang. Interesting that you think your spinning these more are you going to be getting some hard numbers to compare everything? I also don't know why I'm surprised at the .370 but I am.

Yup still love the looks of these.

Nice initial thoughts Kang. Interesting that you think your spinning these more are you going to be getting some hard numbers to compare everything? I also don't know why I'm surprised at the .370 but I am.
Some real baseline numbers soon. Monitors at golfsmith not the most reliable. Perhaps at Club Clash I'll have time on flightscope while testing a crap load of drivers

These look great kc. Enjoy the heck out of them. At first sight I wasn't a fan, however the more I look at them the more they grow on you. Congrats buddy.

Some real baseline numbers soon. Monitors at golfsmith not the most reliable. Perhaps at Club Clash I'll have time on flightscope while testing a crap load of drivers

Im just hoping they are still in your bag come Club Clash:D

Here are the side by side with 945
Pw
3661bead2d3bf308144590122fff56c1.jpg
63fbbe6da3280ccd4c1695ade98f7e78.jpg
6bad7c9d041a0dd65fed125d5808ec3c.jpg

7i
8ccba16f554d733e15a616b3df93d878.jpg
c4a0af642c858bdca60bf889a469b0d4.jpg
adb05a210c8abc1adb8b220c733e07ca.jpg

5i
d5b853d9ebdc184d3078fe144f2701a0.jpg
e19ec379b3de791bb46ee8238d7a4cdb.jpg
f6516153c7d3637eb70020c0bab33a88.jpg

Thanks for the side by side comparisons. They look more playable than I thought they would be.

Back