Matthew

Reaction score
Handicap
round of 18 holes with some friends Friday while down at the in law's in St. Augustine. The first time I'd picked up a club for anything other than dispatching a snake in over 12 years.
We played best ball for the cart & wound up having a good time. Even played my shots about half the round. The guys I played with might not be scratch golfers but they typically shot in the low 80's. I didn't remember it being that much fun but maybe the guys I was playing with made it better or the fact that I wasn't bored out of my skull sitting on the beach but I've decided to get serious.
I played my irons very well and my putting was on par with someone of my skill set but if that freaking driver had not been a borrowed club, it wouldn't have made it off the first tee box in anything less than eleventy billion pieces. I got so frustrated with it that I just started hitting irons off the tee, no matter the hole. I knew I wouldn't have the distance but I could make good contact and most importantly, not hit anybody's house.
I spoke with the pro at a local course this morning and have a couple of lessons lined up for this week and am planning on playing with the same group again this weekend.
I guess I just had to tell this to somebody as my wife got tired of hearing about it.

Welcome back to the game and great plan with the lessons right out of the box. Best of luck on your journey back into the fold!

Welcome aboard and good luck with lessons!

Just like THP golf can be very addicting. Glad you had a god time as that is what it is all about.

That is awesome Matthew! Golf is one of the greatest sports out there IMO. You are starting off right with lessons. Keep it up man and don't get too frustrated with yourself. I started 3 years ago and was able to get into the 80's a little after the first year. This allowed me to be a part of the Morgan Cup here at THP which is one of the greatest golf experiences you could ever have.

Welcome back to the game and you are going about it the right way. Looking forward to seeing how you progress as you get back into the game.

Good plan Matthew and I understand about the wife not being interested!

She was interested until I made a stop at World Golf Village on the way home & was looking at clubs. She reminded me about the 22' bay boat sitting in the yard & the untold amount of money I had tied up in fishing tackle. Apparently, it's a little far fetched to be looking at fitted clubs after 1 round of golf. Sometimes I think she just doesn't understand.

She look a little like this

images

Have fun with your lessons

She look a little like this

images

Have fun with your lessons

How'd you get that picture? Stalk much?
Yeah, it was along those lines, she wasn't happy but she somewhat understands as the better I get the more the company will send me to golf tournaments. If I'm on the course with a customer, I'm selling & working & she's happy. Funny how money will do that to a spouse.

Glad to hear you're back in the game.
Good luck with the lessons.

Welcome to THP. I should be telling you to run, run fast and run far. But I can't. Golf is just too much fun. I got back into it the same way, through scrambles, and now I'm hooked. Just this year I've spent well over 2 grand on golf equipment. I've alienated my girlfriend and all my non golfing friends with my incessant golf talk and now no one will listen to me except the other addicts on here.

Just remember, if you buy something golf related, pay cash, have them mail it to you and say, "Honey, look at what I won from that golf website I'm always on.":wink:

Back