SeeMore mFGP vs FGP

runpuddrun

Back and Better than EVAR
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.8
I have both and wonder about the difference in, here it comes, "feel" between them. I was practicing my putting and Rotella routine today and was going between the mFGP and the FGP bronze. To me, the FGP felt like I didn't have to try as hard to get it to the hole but with less feedback whereas the mFGP was quite a bit softer and on longer putts I had to give it a bit more and felt the misses more. Maybe it's just in my head but if anyone else has both they'd be able to give their input.

I have both and wonder about the difference in, here it comes, "feel" between them. I was practicing my putting and Rotella routine today and was going between the mFGP and the FGP bronze. To me, the FGP felt like I didn't have to try as hard to get it to the hole but with less feedback whereas the mFGP was quite a bit softer and on longer putts I had to give it a bit more and felt the misses more. Maybe it's just in my head but if anyone else has both they'd be able to give their input.

mFGP is a milled product which will produce a softer feel for you. The FGP is a cast product which will be a little firmer feel. You are correct with your observations above. Depends on what type of feel you like. One thing is nice about SeeMore is when you use the Red Dot and Two White Lines - you will always be in the same spot. Therefore always getting the same feel coming off the putter head. Setting you up the same way - ball in the same position - loft of the putter head in the same spot at address - posture in the same position. Feel is a matter of preference for you. Because a SeeMore will always put you in these same spots you will always have the same feel coming of your putter head. When you happen to make a bad putt you now know when you do make one because the feel is off and the outcome is different. Therefore - you are learning your good putts from your bad putts. You know the difference in feel of the putter head. if you rate 1 through 10 - 1 being firm and 10 be very soft. the mFGP would be around a 8.5 - 9 and the FGP bronze would be around a 5 - 5.5 and the FGP black (cast 303 stainless steel with remilled face) would be around 6 - 6.5.

mFGP is a milled product which will produce a softer feel for you. The FGP is a cast product which will be a little firmer feel. You are correct with your observations above. Depends on what type of feel you like. One thing is nice about SeeMore is when you use the Red Dot and Two White Lines - you will always be in the same spot. Therefore always getting the same feel coming off the putter head. Setting you up the same way - ball in the same position - loft of the putter head in the same spot at address - posture in the same position. Feel is a matter of preference for you. Because a SeeMore will always put you in these same spots you will always have the same feel coming of your putter head. When you happen to make a bad putt you now know when you do make one because the feel is off and the outcome is different. Therefore - you are learning your good putts from your bad putts. You know the difference in feel of the putter head. if you rate 1 through 10 - 1 being firm and 10 be very soft. the mFGP would be around a 8.5 - 9 and the FGP bronze would be around a 5 - 5.5 and the FGP black (cast 303 stainless steel with remilled face) would be around 6 - 6.5.
Great info, thanks! Is there a difference between mFGP's? I have a black carbon and know that there is SS, and gun metal version... I bronze feels very firm. I like both but have considered using a different one for different greens (fast vs slow).

Great info, thanks! Is there a difference between mFGP's? I have a black carbon and know that there is SS, and gun metal version... I bronze feels very firm. I like both but have considered using a different one for different greens (fast vs slow).

the mFGP CS (milled carbon steel) - mFGP SS (milled stainless steel) - CS is going to be a "hair" softer than the SS.

Back