Innisbrook - Copperhead course

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I played this course a couple weeks ago and it made me look rather foolish around the greens. I shot an 84 with 5 three putts and a 4 putt. It's a severe understatement to say you really need to be careful where you put your ball at this course. If you get on the wrong side of the green and have ridges to go up and down over, you will probably have a bad day. It also didn't help me that I'd been playing on greens that were significantly slower than what these were and didn't get a great amount of time on the putting green prior. Anyway, still had a great time and took a ton of pictures but didn't want to flood the thread with 30+ pics.

First hole teebox:
cimg0846ry.jpg

The statue letting you know you're entering the snake pit.
cimg0829y.jpg

Tee shot for the 16th.
cimg0830v.jpg

This little guy was waiting for us near the water running along 2/3 fairway.

cimg0856r.jpg

Last edited:
This is where Gary Woodland won, correct?

Nice pics, anyway you can embed them into the thread so people won't have to click them to see? Either way it looks gorgeous, thanks for sharing. I definitely want to get there for a round someday.

This is where Gary Woodland won, correct?

Correct.

Nice pics, anyway you can embed them into the thread so people won't have to click them to see? Either way it looks gorgeous, thanks for sharing. I definitely want to get there for a round someday.

I'm still workin on that as we speak, so pardon the editing you may see to the thread hehe

Definitely a very cool looking course and it sounds hard as hell. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the pics, its definitely on my list of courses to hit up at some point in the area. I played at one of the other Innisbrook courses as a kid. I remember my dad played Copperhead not he day before, and it having ate his lunch. I've also been to one of the PGA events at Copperhead, it looked like an evil course.

I consider the Innisbrook/Copperhead the best course in the entire state of Florida!

I was fortunate enough to attend a family members wedding at Innisbrook a few years ago - we played the Copperhead course shortly after I started playing golf and, wow, it was a humbling experience! It's an absolutely beautiful place though. Loved it.

This is a tough course! You can get on the wrong side of par in a hurry. That gator is there everytime I play

Nice pics!! I look forward to playing this course in the future now that I am stationed in FL

Looks awesome- it's on my list now! How were rates when you played?

Back