The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of running up the score in amateur sports, but in the pros? Go make a stop. You're getting paid. It's your job. If they other guys are better then tough cookies.

Besides, I didn't hear any of the Atlanta fans or players complaining last week when they were "running up the score" on the Jaguars... turnabout is fair play, karma is a beotch, call it whatever you want. You scored a lot of points against an inferior team last week, this week a better team scored a lot of points on you. Deal with it.

I had no issues with what happened last night. I agree with most, if you dont want them to get the record or score then stop them. And I dont consider Peyton or Breese to be dirty or anything like that so I have no issues with it.

My only issue was that the last TD helped Hanks beat me in the FF championship. Stupid Cowboys!

My only issue was that the last TD helped Hanks beat me in the FF championship. Stupid Cowboys!
That stings. If Romo plays 1 quarter, I think you get the W.

That's what I hate about FF late in the year, you have to figure out who plays/gets pulled/etc.

That's what I hate about FF late in the year, you have to figure out who plays/gets pulled/etc.

Stupid Cowboys. They're dead to me. I hope they get effin killed this weekend.

100% don't have any issue with what took place on the field. This isn't Fun Fair Positive Soccer. This is the highest level of professional football on the planet. I think it was cool to get the record on MNF in front of your home crowd. Running up the score? These are 2 professional NFL teams...not the University of Texas vs. Sam Houston State University here.

Stupid Cowboys. They're dead to me. I hope they get effin killed this weekend.
Quoted for the memory.

Stupid NFL schedule geniuses.

Only Aaron Rodgers and the Packers shouldn't keep throwing and scoring when they're ahead. In fact they should stop on the first drive of the 3rd quarter with 3 and a half games left in the season. It's not necessary and the other team might get chippy.

It's fine for Drew Brees and the Saints, though.

Kevin

Last edited:
Only Aaron Rodgers and the Packers shouldn't keep throwing and scoring when they're ahead. In fact they, should stop on the first drive of the 3rd quarter with 3 and a half games left in the season. It's not necessary and the other team might get chippy.

Kevin

I see what you're doing here.

However, here's a serious question: do you expect the Packers to pull their starters sometime during the game this Sunday? The game doesn't mean anything in terms of positioning for the Packers, they have home-field advantage wrapped up. However, it means a lot for the Lions, because if they win, they get the #5 seed and play the NFC East champion in the first round. However, if they lose and the Falcons beat the Bucs (which is likely), then the Lions are the #6 seed and they probably have to go to New Orleans for their first round matchup. Take a wild guess at which one is more appealing to the Lions. So you know that the Lions are going to play hard, do the Packers shut it down in the second half or play the game out?

I see what you're doing here.

However, here's a serious question: do you expect the Packers to pull their starters sometime during the game this Sunday? The game doesn't mean anything in terms of positioning for the Packers, they have home-field advantage wrapped up. However, it means a lot for the Lions, because if they win, they get the #5 seed and play the NFC East champion in the first round. However, if they lose and the Falcons beat the Bucs (which is likely), then the Lions are the #6 seed and they probably have to go to New Orleans for their first round matchup. Take a wild guess at which one is more appealing to the Lions. So you know that the Lions are going to play hard, do the Packers shut it down in the second half or play the game out?

Sounds like before the second half Ary from the radio talk going on. Maybe a quarter is the rumor. They want to get some guys some playing time. The alleged wife beater has been horrible so Vic So'oto, a young backup linebacker, should see a lot of time. Rodgers won't play much. Starks hurt his ankle, AGAIN, so you'll see a fair amount of Grant, but the rookie, Saine, will play a lot. Sounds like Clifton may be ready to play, so he'll try to knock some rust off. If Bulaga is also ready to play, look for the starting line from the start of the year, they haven't played together since the third game, to work some to try and be cohesive. Wouldn't surprise me to see Finley play a lot with Flynn throwing to him many times to see if the guy can maybe hold on to some passes.

I expect Matthews, Williams, and Woodson, Rodgers, and Nelson to not play much. Raji should also get some rest because he has had to play way more than he did last year. The top receivers will play a half or so to give Flynn some work in case there's an emergency in the playoffs.

Those are all guesses based on scuttlebutt. I would be very surprised if they took a lot of risk. Don't want to leave someone important out there for Suh to stomp. lol. Stafford should not have to face the vaunted Packers first team D for too long.

Kevin

Only Aaron Rodgers and the Packers shouldn't keep throwing and scoring when they're ahead. In fact they should stop on the first drive of the 3rd quarter with 3 and a half games left in the season. It's not necessary and the other team might get chippy.

Kevin

This is correct. Glad you see it my way.

Record breaking pass, check. Seals THP FF title for Hanks, check. TC now a life long Cowboys hater, check.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Record breaking pass, check. Seals THP FF title for Hanks, check. TC now a life long Cowboys hater, check.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

All in a days work.

Ill be honest, I hated seeing Brees capture that record with every bone in my body. I will be cheering for Tom Brady more than I have ever before in my life. I hope he throws for 600.

^^^^^^

He doesn't care for Drew Brees. lmao.

Kevin

^^^^^^

He doesn't care for Drew Brees. lmao.

Kevin

That's the truth. I'd rant but I can't unfortunately. Basically, I hope A Rod or Brady crush that record sometime soon.

Yards, schmards. That's what I say.

But maybe Cutler could do it next year? If Knox recovers.

Kevin

Yards, schmards. That's what I say.

But maybe Cutler could do it next year? If Knox recovers.

Kevin

Cutler has the all the talent to do it! I just don't think the Bears are smart enough to put the talent around him and keep it consistent. Brees did something awesome but I still hate the dude. I really think its gonna be either Newton, Rodgers or Brady to brake Brees mark.

Cutler has the all the talent to do it! I just don't think the Bears are smart enough to put the talent around him and keep it consistent. Brees did something awesome but I still hate the dude. I really think its gonna be either Newton, Rodgers or Brady to brake Brees mark.

Tebow might run for over 5,000 yards in a season. He's changing the way the QB position is played.

Kevin

Tebow might run for over 5,000 yards in a season. He's changing the way the QB position is played.

Kevin

Hahahahahahaha.... Man, that guy might run for a good amount I'd reckon. Depends if Elway builds around him or not.

Yoccos wears a drew brees jersey to sleep every night lol jk :p

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

The pro bowl selections are laughable this season.

The pro bowl selections are laughable this season.

With 14 sacks Im suprised Aldon Smith didn't get in.

With 14 sacks Im suprised Aldon Smith didn't get in.

Me too. Eli over Stafford was another head scratcher. There were at least 7 on the NFC side that were so far off its absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back