What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played yesterday in 45 degree weather with soft conditions and an intermittent light mist, not really rain, but wet. Played a Penta on the front and MacGregor VIP on the back, +6 on the front and + 2 on the back. To be fair it took me a few holes to warm up with no range balls before the first tee so if I throw out the bogey and double on the first two holes they performed about the same.

Put the B330s in play today and had a great time. It was very windy today so played it instead of hitting through it and the ball performed awesomely.

One of my colleagues got me a box of Pro V1's for Christmas. I played them the last time I went out. I miss the B330s and can't wait to get them back in the bag.

Today I am going to put in play the Bridgestone B330RX I believe.

The other day I played a B-330RX instead of my normal B-330S. I was very impressed again with Bridgestone. The fact that you can get them in yellow is very appealing to me, so I may make a switch soon, or just play with both!

Love the PENTAs. Been playing them all summer. Still have some burners in the bag that I will onlyuse if I think I might loose my ball on a hole. Got some PROV 1X for christmas. Will give them a try. Not expecting them to be better than the PENTAs. Will give them a try with-in the next week.

Was just in your neck of the woods bahester. Played NRCC two times last week. Played the Oaks both days. Love those courses there.

Last edited:
Played the Callaway Diablo HX Tour.... Holy crap, I seem to have found my distance again. I'm trying to run through my old balls so I can get to my RX's but I'm just not losing them like I used too.

played a bridgestone fixx
great ball... it lasted the whole round and didnt get too scuffed

went out and spent a golf voucher I got for christmas on some bridgestone e6's after reading some reviews on here, went out and played a couple of holes with them. They aren't as soft as I'm used to with the pentas but they certainly go long and straight and I didn't have many issues with slicing the ball or even fading the ball, went mostly straight most of the time. Spin around the green was ok, not as good as the really soft balls but it would still stop within a few feet which is good enough for me at the moment... oh and they are yellow so easier for me to find amongst all the leaves that the trees have dropped at the moment.

Played the best ball in the world for me the Bridgestone B330-RX, everything else pales in comparasion.

I played in 50 degree weather here yesterday. I tried the Wilson Zip for the first time and was very impressed with it as a cold weather ball. Going out again today and will play it again.

Today I played the B330 and the Pro V1. The B330 was just downright terrible for me today. Bad off the tee and not much spin or reactivity around the greens. The Pro V1 was slightly better in all of those areas. Not a huge fan of either of those balls.

After hearing some good things about them here I bought a dozen TM Burner Tours to try out today. I found them a little firm compared to my usual B330-RX and they certainly didn't stop as quickly on the greens from full shots, rolled out a bit more on wedges, but they putted ok. Had my best round of the year by 5 strokes with an 80, but I'm not sure the ball was the factor. I think I'd have done the same or slightly better with the RX since some of my approaches would have stopped closer to the hole and a couple of those longish birdie putts I narrowly missed may have been made instead. Still, for $21.99 a dozen it isn't a bad ball at all.

After hearing some good things about them here I bought a dozen TM Burner Tours to try out today. I found them a little firm compared to my usual B330-RX and they certainly didn't stop as quickly on the greens from full shots, rolled out a bit more on wedges, but they putted ok. Had my best round of the year by 5 strokes with an 80, but I'm not sure the ball was the factor. I think I'd have done the same or slightly better with the RX since some of my approaches would have stopped closer to the hole and a couple of those longish birdie putts I narrowly missed may have been made instead. Still, for $21.99 a dozen it isn't a bad ball at all.

The Burner Tours are the only other ball I play besides the B330 RX. It's a great affordable ball that is pretty durable. It isn't the spinniest of balls but I quite like it.

Played the optic yellow(that's right-right?) E6 from Bridgestone. Never played it but figured its the end of the year why not. It was a solid ball not too little or too much spin. I know I'm fit for the 330RX but I had the E6 in the bag. No real loss in distance and good ball flights. Overall great round with it.

I have played the PRO V1X the last 2 days. Hate it. The outer layer cracks to easily and the club face gooves cut the skin. I had destroyed 4 balls in 2 days. I saw this back in the summer too. I had cracked the outer layer half way around. I still like the Penta's the best of any ball I have tried.

I played some TM BUrner Tours, TM sent me them as a reward for an ace. Also played Bridgestone E6. Liked the TM action around the gren and good distance. Pretty much same distance, better feel with the TM burner tour. Maybe since they were free?

I have played the PRO V1X the last 2 days. Hate it. The outer layer cracks to easily and the club face gooves cut the skin. I had destroyed 4 balls in 2 days. I saw this back in the summer too. I had cracked the outer layer half way around. I still like the Penta's the best of any ball I have tried.

i too have been playing the 1x lately .. i love how it feels and the results/distance i get but hate how easily it cracks/gets cut. i hate constantly switching balls trying to find one and just stick with it. perhaps i will finally try to penta's or just go back with the b330rx

Found a New Ram 2 piece soft feel ball in the parking lot before I even had the bag loaded onto the cart. Played it the first few holes, really liked it. Then I switched over to my new version Pinnacle Gold Yellows. Great ball, has the same feel as the Pinnacle precision I have been using off the clubface. Stops quickly on the greens.

Played whatever was in my bag, a yellow e6, and a MacGregor Tourney, and a Bridgestone 330-RX. Liked them all, but especially the bridgestone 330. Gonna play a new sleeve of WIlson ZIP's that I got for Christmas today.

Played whatever was in my bag, a yellow e6, and a MacGregor Tourney, and a Bridgestone 330-RX. Liked them all, but especially the bridgestone 330. Gonna play a new sleeve of WIlson ZIP's that I got for Christmas today.
How did you like the B330RX vs. the e6?

ProV1x, still year in and year out the best ball out there for distance, feel and spin. Not sayin' there aren't others out there that I don' like, but this guy is still the champ!

How did you like the B330RX vs. the e6?

Played them for 3 holes each and par'd 2 with the b330rx and doubled one, bogied (sp?) and par'd one with the e6. If price were no option, I would game the b330's. The e6's just feel too hard for me and never really feel that great. Good ball, just not for me. I'm going to do an experiment today and game he nike one and the gamer v2 to see what I like of those 2 today.

The Burner Tours are the only other ball I play besides the B330 RX. It's a great affordable ball that is pretty durable. It isn't the spinniest of balls but I quite like it.

It certainly was good for the price. I guess I'm just spoiled by the greatness that is the B330 RX. Besides, the Burner Tours don't come in Yellow or Pink, which obviously makes them inferior based on color alone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back