Short Game Glove on or off?

I used to take it off for wedge shots and putting. Now I don't really have a set plan. Sometimes off, but I'll putt with it on without any issues. I've never noticed much difference. In the summer I take it off when I can just so I can keep my hand cooler.

I usually take my glove off for chips and putts, but if I'm taking any larger swing than a chip I prefer to have the glove on. I sometimes putt with my glove on to save time -- if I'm playing through another group, or if I've already taken so many strokes on a hole that its just time to leave.

I have to take my glove off to write down my score. I'm a lefty playing right handed, and I can't hold a pencil with my glove on.

I keep it on until I reach the green. just gives me some sort of routine.

I use to take it off for putting. Pulling it off and on I think stretches the fingers and wastes allot of time. Now I leave mine on through out the round. Change my glove if it has become sweaty.

I don't wear a glove. Keeps it simple.

I take my glove off for putting and that's about it, I may have it off every once in a while when doing some fringe chipping and things, but I'd say 95% of the time I have it on with everything but the putter.

once I put my glove on to play. It stays on until the round is over. Don't like strecting my glove out. and I don't feel that the thickness of the material stops the feeling the putter gives off. It may dampen it, but doesn't totally eliminate it. But that's my preference.

I take it off between shots and don't put it on for chips. I have been playing a lot lately without a glove at all and I have begun to prefer it.

I take the glove off for any wedge shots and putts. I do, however, leave it on in bunkers.

Could be on, could be off, doesn't matter to me. Always off when putting though.

The glove stays on for any shot other than a putt. I putt with no glove. I've tried hitting balls without a glove and dont necessarily dislike it, I guess I'm just used to wearing one.

I leave it on for everything but putting. When I don't have a glove on, it's easier for the grip to slide out of my fingers and into my left palm more than it should be. The friction of the glove on the grip helps me keep it where it should be in my hands, and that helps keep the clubface pointed at the right place. My grips are also corded on the top half so it might be a different story with a rubber grip. Do what works and feels best to you, that's all there is to it.

Glove off for every shot that isn't a full swing, everything inside of about 60 yards.

Off for putting only, unless it is really cold, and then it stays on all the time.

It stays on except for putting. And, even then, if I forget or I'm playing fast I'll keep it on. I haven't seen any change in my putting, still not a great putter.

It depends on the day for me or what kind of shot. Sometimes I think it makes a difference and it take it off but more I keep it on the more I think that's just something I made up in my head.

Haven't used a glove in 8 years

I usually do not play with a glove unless it is raining or very humid. So when I do have one on, it stays on for all shots except putting.

My glove stays on till I get off the course...

Installed VDR's on all my clubs this year and they feel great without a glove. However, when it is hot or wet I use a glove and take it off whenever I get within about 80 yards. All partial swings and wedges I like the added "touch" I get without a glove. I never putt with a glove. This might be all mental, but it is what i've been doing for years.

I would never take it off for a full swing. My hands get sweaty and I have had instances where club fly out of my hands when not using a glove. I've never tried short game without a glove. I just always leave it on. Now I have something to try.

I'm glove on for everything but putting. Off on the green.

I never ever wear a glove. I find it gives much better feel on all shots.

Pitching wedge to putter glove off. Never really feels right with shorter shots with a glove on. I also like smaller grips on my wedges.

Back