The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive really started to dislike the ESPN football pregame. I feel dumber watching it. I used to like it when they have some intelligence on the show.

I don't watch NFL pre-game shows for intelligent conversation. I save that for Family Guy!!!

Even though I am not a Rams fan, It would be nice to see them get the #1 pick. The stockpile of picks could be just what they need to build around Bradford.

Even if they have the #2 pick they could probably trade out of it. Someone might be desperate to move up to take RG3

Sent from my forged iPad

Even if they have the #2 pick they could probably trade out of it. Someone might be desperate to move up to take RG3

Sent from my forged iPad

True, but the trade value of the #1 pick significantly more due to Luck. Based on what we know now, you really think someone would move all the way up to 2 for RG3? I guess that is technically a question for our draft speculation thread...

True, but the trade value of the #1 pick significantly more due to Luck. Based on what we know now, you really think someone would move all the way up to 2 for RG3? I guess that is technically a question for our draft speculation thread...

I think the Browns would trade up to take him.

Sent from my forged iPad

I think the Browns are going to stick with Colt McCoy. I bet the vikings would trade up for him.

No Rodgers today. Going to be interesting to see how Stafford does in Lambeau. It's, ah, a little breezy in Cheeseland. Like blow down trees breezy near me. Gusts to 50 mph. Less breezy in Green Bay, but still up to 35 mph.

Kevin

No Rodgers today. Going to be interesting to see how Stafford does in Lambeau. It's, ah, a little breezy in Cheeseland. Like blow down trees breezy near me. Gusts to 50 mph. Less breezy in Green Bay, but still up to 35 mph.

Kevin

Going to be the Matt Flynn show today then? I like watching him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inactive Packers for today. This should make all you closet fans that have been so concerned happy.

Kevin

Green Bay Packers
12 QB Aaron Rodgers
18 WR Randall Cobb
21 CB Charles Woodson
44 RB James Starks
52 LB Clay Matthews
75 T Bryan Bulaga
85 WR Greg Jennings

Without all those guys I think the Lions will take this one

It'll be fun watching the Lions pulverize the Pack in Lambeau.

Don't underestimate the capabilities of one Miracle Matt Flynn. He played in the SEC and won an NCAA title at LSU. And he's actually a quarterback. After he shines today, teams will be looking to trade for him in a big way. Probably a couple first rounders.

Kevin

Looks like Morris is done in Tampa. Not surprised at all.

Beast mode from tapatalk

It all depends on what San Fran does with the Rams. If they jump out to a big early lead I suspect the Saints rest some guys. I think the Panthers cover anyway. Good luck man, i.m rooting for you!

So below are my picks for the pool I am in - unless there are some major changes in active rosters in the next hour... I welcome all analysis, as this is a big day for a lot of $$$! Keep in mind these lines are locked in from Thursday - so any movement after that is not captured in this pool. This pool makes picks against the spread for every game of the NFL Regular Season.

Detroit -3.5 @ Packers - all signs point to Green Bay playing second stringers the majority of the game - and the Lions can clinch 5 seed and not have to go to New Orleans/San Fran next week
San Fran -10.5 @ St. Louis - 49ers to lock up the 2 seed and a bye. Kellen Clemens starting for Rams.
Jets +2.5 @ Phins - Jets must win, and Reggie Bush is out. Tough pick - but can't go against my Jets.
Minny -1 v Chicago - Such a toss up. Just like Ponder better than McCown (think he is starting). Vikings at home too.
Buffalo +11 @ Pats - Lots of points. Pats D is terrible. Hope Bills can keep it close. Opposite all my logic for this week though, since Pats usually play all out and can lock up 1 seed. They will play hard, but I see a backdoor Bills cover...
Carolina +8 @ Panthers - let's get this one TC!
Philly -8.5 v Washington - Helu out. Philly better and at home... watching if McCoy plays though - listed as Quest I think.
Jags -3.5 v Colts - No idea here - but I just think the Colts end up with #1 draft pick and a hard decision with Luck/Manning. Looking more into this game now...
Texans +3 v Titans - Kubiak says he is playing for the win, and I believe him. Don't want to let the Titans in the playoffs, then maybe face them again next week.. like the Bengals v Jets 2 years ago - I think Texans are aware of it...
Falcons -12 v TB - I will change this pick to the Bucs if the Lions win early - since they would be locked into the 6 seed, and we will see a whole lot of Redman.
Ravens -2 @ Bengals - Ravens playing for North title and 2 seed. Better team too.
Steelers pick em @ Browns - when a line is off, it is treated as a pick em in this pool. Steelers to win.
Chiefs +3.5 @ Denver - Orton revenge. Tebow coming back down to earth. See this being a FG game.
Chargers +3 @ Oakland - not a believer in Palmer, and I think the Chargers don't want to lose 2 games this year to Oakland.
Seattle +3 @ Cardinals - tough pick.. Researching more.. No idea on this one to be honest. Seahawks playing decent ball recently - but I think the Cards are too...
Giants -3 v Cowboys - I think Eli is a lot healthier than Romo is today. Simple as that.

So feel free to pick em apart. Like I said its a big day, and all of you have different favorite teams and watch different games than me.. Your opinions are priceless to me today.

Thanks all! Best of luck to everyone today!

I think the Browns would trade up to take him.

Sent from my forged iPad

I can see that.

Kevin

Isn't Flynn a free agent, Esox? I do expect him to play well today and boost his stock. Who do you think the Pack would slap the franchise tag on if they had to right now? Flynn?

Just saw McCoy is out.. Tough pick.. Thats a lot of points...

Wow.. Arian Foster is out?! huge blow to Jets chances today..

Lots of big names taking the day off today.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Isn't Flynn a free agent, Esox? I do expect him to play well today and boost his stock. Who do you think the Pack would slap the franchise tag on if they had to right now? Flynn?

I don't know, honestly. They have to deal with Finley, too. The way he's been dropping passes this year, his value has probably dropped. His argument is he should be franchised like a WR instead of a TE.

To franchise Flynn to trade him would mean a big contract to the team that got him. I'm not that up on the whole thing to tell you the truth.

Kevin

Matt Flynn is a great QB, but without all those defensive players I foresee the Lions putting up quite a few points today

Flynn in Big Dallas in 2012!

Flynn is a free agent after this year so he's looking to showcase a bit today.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Matt Flynn has a TC worthy beard.

Kevin

TC doesn't do beards anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back