The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing Mathis in a Cowboys uniform.

Sent from my forged iPad

We need so much help it's not even funny. I'll take anyone who I won't see the back of their jersey for 40 minutes of a 60 minute game(I'm talking to you Newman!!) I want to see Ratliff moved to the outside and get a nose tackle. I want a new secondary. I think Carter is the real deal at LB so pretty much the only thing we need is a rush LB for the other side of Ware. We need OL help. I think Murray is for real.

I'm hearing that McDaniel's might end up being the main man in St. Louis.

The players really seem to like him.

Sent from my forged iPad

Yeah, this is floating around town. But, I see it like Indy, once a new GM comes in, house will be cleaned.

Mendy is officially out for the year. Ouch.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

We lost our home run threat on the ground. Gonna change how teams play defense when there is no threat of Redman busting one.

We lost our home run threat on the ground. Gonna change how teams play defense when there is no threat of Redman busting one.

That sucks. I hate end of the year injuries!

Definitely. If Ben were close to 100% I wouldn't be as worried because I do think Redman is more than capable. However, his ankle has clearly held back the offense. Hopefully we see the passing game get back on track next week.

I bet they'll still beat the Broncos. After that though, I think this will really start to hurt their chances a lot.

Brian Shotty interviewing for Jacksonville job. That would be easier for Jets than having to fire him.

The Jags are interviewing a lot of people. I would be shocked if they hired Shotty. (replace the o with an i, please).

They're also looking to interview Mullarky and Chudzinski, so...

Shad Kahn wants to explore a lot of options. Don't get your hearts too excited yet, Jets fans. :)

As I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing Mathis in a Cowboys uniform.

Sent from my forged iPad

They are more likely to let Wayne go than Mathis, they know they need Mathis to help their defense. I think he will be their first contract to deal with. Other than that now that Indy has fired polian it will be interesting to see what direction a new GM decides to go with the free agents and the draft pick.

heard some rumors. Jets looking to sign Manning and use Sanchez as trade bait.

heard some rumors. Jets looking to sign Manning and use Sanchez as trade bait.

There was an article somewhere basically saying that Sanchez will be their qb next year despite speculation that the jets are going to let him go, the reference to manning was sarcasm. They pretty much said that's the only way Sanchez wouldn't be back as qb

They are more likely to let Wayne go than Mathis, they know they need Mathis to help their defense. I think he will be their first contract to deal with. Other than that now that Indy has fired polian it will be interesting to see what direction a new GM decides to go with the free agents and the draft pick.

I don't think you understand. If the Colts keep an unstructured Manning and draft Luck, they won't be able to afford to resign anyone.

They should try to trade Manning or just cut him.

If they decide to draft Luck.

Sent from my forged iPad

I don't think you understand. If the Colts keep an unstructured Manning and draft Luck, they won't be able to afford to resign anyone.

They should try to trade Manning or just cut him.

If they decide to draft Luck.

Sent from my forged iPad

Slotted salaries for rookies change that a little bit.

Slotted salaries for rookies change that a little bit.

I know, but they can't afford to resign everyone, draft Luck and keep Manning.

I know, but they can't afford to resign everyone, draft Luck and keep Manning.

True, however Luck has little to do with it, is what I mean. They could draft anybody and the salary issues remain. Its not the #1 pick as much as it is Manning and his backloaded deal.

True, however Luck has little to do with it, is what I mean. They could draft anybody and the salary issues remain. Its not the #1 pick as much as it is Manning and his backloaded deal.

Ah, I got ya. I don't see Manning restructuring either. The Colts are in a sketchy situation kind of.

Ah, I got ya. I don't see Manning restructuring either. The Colts are in a sketchy situation kind of.

Really? They might have one of the best QB's ever to play coming back and also have the first pick in a draft that many are saying has a cant miss prospect. Sounds pretty good to me.

I think Manning will restructure and try to play for 2-3 more years and then Luck will be ready to take over the reigns. SImilar plan to that Rodgers guy in GB.

Really? They might have one of the best QB's ever to play coming back and also have the first pick in a draft that many are saying has a cant miss prospect. Sounds pretty good to me.

But if Manning does stay and doesn't restructure then the Colts will lose a lot of their key players.

But if Manning does stay and doesn't restructure then the Colts will lose a lot of their key players.

Im not so sure its as bad though. They have a lot of expiring contracts that were not great deals that come off the books.
I think there are 16 total contracts that come off the books including 2 that you are mentioning that were monstrous this year towards their 115 million dollar team total. Some of those get restructured and I dont think Manning plays as big a role as some are making it out to be.

Im not so sure its as bad though. They have a lot of expiring contracts that were not great deals that come off the books.
I think there are 16 total contracts that come off the books including 2 that you are mentioning that were monstrous this year towards their 115 million dollar team total. Some of those get restructured and I dont think Manning plays as big a role as some are making it out to be.

Do you think they'll retain Garcon and Wayne?

Do you think they'll retain Garcon and Wayne?

Not sure. However Wayne's deal was heavily backloaded, so if he resigns, it wont be a huge cap hit next year. Similar with Mathis and Saturday. Those 3 guys combined for almost 18 million against the cap this year. Freeney has the biggest hit agains the cap and rumor has it, he will restructure for the benefit of the team if they give him a 5 year deal.

With all this speculation about Indy, has it been said the Peyton is 100% and he will actually be able and ready to play next year? I haven't heard that but maybe I missed it.

Manning has restructured before, he is not out to be the richest QB, he is out to win games. I think if it needs to be done he will restructure. I think they can get Garçon at a good price because he does still drop his fare share of balls, but that dude is a monster (6'6" I think) and super fast so they could really use him. Irsay has said that money is not going to be an issue next season. I think Saturday will stay for sure, Mathis will be resigned because they need defense, and Wayne will probably walk because he sounds like he is going to be greedy and ask for a lot of money. I remember before last season manning was quoted as saying that he is not out to be the highest paid player and he wanted his contract structured so that they could afford to put good people around him, and I think that's what will happen. Manning has the ability to make any WR look pretty good, so I think the Colts would be OK without Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back