2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy, I was talking to my wife last night, and I brought up the 3800 calories someone was taking in. So i went my daily diet, and I'm lucky if I take in 2000 calories a day. 3800 is crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really struggled just to reach 3000 not too long ago, feel like I had to train myself haha. People say oh you're skinny just eat but it's not always so simple. Like I mentioned the other day I recently cut back and now at around 2900 to 3100 or so is where I aim to get daily. Let's me still gain without looking like a chubby teenager lol

It's crazy, I was talking to my wife last night, and I brought up the 3800 calories someone was taking in. So i went my daily diet, and I'm lucky if I take in 2000 calories a day. 3800 is crazy!

It is a crazy amount of calories if you're eating clean. If you are eating to hit calories, not that hard

It is a crazy amount of calories if you're eating clean. If you are eating to hit calories, not that hard

Craft beers help the high calorie mark,.

Yeah I guess if you're eating cake and drinking sodas it's not hard but unless someone is on the make me fat diet that shouldn't be that case haha. 4000 is hard for a skinny guy I don't care what anyone says

Yeah I guess if you're eating cake and drinking sodas it's not hard but unless someone is on the make me fat diet that shouldn't be that case haha. 4000 is hard for a skinny guy I don't care what anyone says

I don't even want to know what 4000 calories would feel like.

Again. Eating clean is hard. Especially eating clean and trying to gain weight. It's hard. It's also really hard to be 220lbs, with a 500 deadlift, 405 squat, a 300 bench, and 10% body fat. Especially without the help of illegal pharmaceuticals

Just finished a two mile run and chest and upper body with my son. We did a super set that had us moving for 25 mins.

Again. Eating clean is hard. Especially eating clean and trying to gain weight. It's hard. It's also really hard to be 220lbs, with a 500 deadlift, 405 squat, a 300 bench, and 10% body fat. Especially without the help of illegal pharmaceuticals
I agree and we are attacking it from 2 different directions (body types). Depends on what your goals are but personally I dont care so much about reaching some crazy strength numbers and walk around with a gut. That's absolutely NOT an attack or some bs jab at you Joe or anyone else on here, just stating my personal goal. I guess the whole dirty bulk to hit a number isnt appealing to me right now.

I said gut because on my frame, fat goes straight there lol it doesnt get distributed evenly unfortunately

I agree and we are attacking it from 2 different directions (body types). Depends on what your goals are but personally I dont care so much about reaching some crazy strength numbers and walk around with a gut. That's absolutely NOT an attack or some bs jab at you Joe or anyone else on here, just stating my personal goal. I guess the whole dirty bulk to hit a number isnt appealing to me right now.
The goals are important. My goals are to get as strong as possible with a small consideration to body composition. For those that have the goal to be as strong as possible (not many here honestly) not worrying about a visible 6-pack is important.

The goals are important. My goals are to get as strong as possible with a small consideration to body composition. For those that have the goal to be as strong as possible (not many here honestly) not worrying about a visible 6-pack is important.
Yes sir I absolutely agree. Trust me I think its badass what you're doing along with my buddies who compete, id be lying if I said I didnt envy that. You, along with them are naturally bigger guys tho, your frame is a night and day difference than mine haha. I cant imagine you've ever struggled to fill out a tshirt haha once again not a jab but you always played football etc and I cant imagine you some string bean. If I already had some mass I would likely take the same approach brotha. My one friend is 6'6" 275 and is just a big ass dude, he could care less about being lean haha he wants to hit 1700 total. Anyhoo I know we're on the same page, just looking from different angles. We can all certainly learn something from your techniques and form, I love your tips and advice about lifting. I just add in some bro moves so im not outsized by Katy Perry

Got this for you Blu

c54ec95adbbea81b3183a4029f9963a6.jpg

Haha I've seen that, its a great pic. Jay looks like a kid next to Brian Shaw. Then again at 6'8 415 so does everyone lol dudes are huge

Just curious, what are your plans for when you get as strong as possible? Are you looking to compete or anything, or just to leave a large corpse?

Just curious, what are your plans for when you get as strong as possible? Are you looking to compete or anything, or just to leave a large corpse?
I am of the belief that being strong makes everything in life easier. There's no drawback to being too strong. I know it sounds like I eat like an idiot, I don't. I just eat a lot. I'm more of a portion control guy. I plan on being as strong as I can be at any one time. It's not about a number or anything, I just want to meet my potential. I understand, as I get older that potential will get lighter and lighter. But I still plan to fulfill it

I am of the belief that being strong makes everything in life easier. There's no drawback to being too strong. I know it sounds like I eat like an idiot, I don't. I just eat a lot. I'm more of a portion control guy. I plan on being as strong as I can be at any one time. It's not about a number or anything, I just want to meet my potential. I understand, as I get older that potential will get lighter and lighter. But I still plan to fulfill it
Have you ever thought about competing? Or has it always just been a hobby? I mentioned my buddies earlier and it started as a hobby and still is but they wanted to try a meet and got hooked. Just wondered if you've ever had that

Have you ever thought about competing? Or has it always just been a hobby? I mentioned my buddies earlier and it started as a hobby and still is but they wanted to try a meet and got hooked. Just wondered if you've ever had that
I'm at a goofy spot. If I wanted to win, I'm not strong enough for a 220 weight class. I would need to get much stronger while cutting 18lbs. I could compete in the 242 class, but I would need to get stronger and I don't have the time to train like a competitor would train.

I'm at a goofy spot. If I wanted to win, I'm not strong enough for a 220 weight class. I would need to get much stronger while cutting 18lbs. I could compete in the 242 class, but I would need to get stronger and I don't have the time to train like a competitor would train.
Yeah I hear ya man, it certainly would take another level of dedication. I don't doubt your work ethic, just time needed would be tough I bet. Cuts down on golf time haha

Let's say I hate the golf swing...lol. Showed up after everyone to the simulator. No warm ups. First full swing in 4 months and immediately feel tightness in my Lat. great.

It has been hard, eating tons of fruit, nuts, eggs, meat, and milk. Maybe a clif bar or two in there. But no one said it would be easy. Need to fuel to machine.

I just got back in the gym after about a 6 month lay off. At this point in my life it just about getting in shape. I have no desire to get big just get leaner. At 41 with two kids it is about being around for the long haul. It is amazing how much better you feel when you get in the gym.

I just got back in the gym after about a 6 month lay off. At this point in my life it just about getting in shape. I have no desire to get big just get leaner. At 41 with two kids it is about being around for the long haul. It is amazing how much better you feel when you get in the gym.
So true. Nothing like the feeling you get after a good workout.

Always good to see another person joining the party. I also feel better after working out. Idk it increasing the longevity of your life, but certainly doesn't hurt it.

It has been hard, eating tons of fruit, nuts, eggs, meat, and milk. Maybe a clif bar or two in there. But no one said it would be easy. Need to fuel to machine.
Did you see Brodie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back