The best shot of the round

back to back birdies today, and neither were particularly short putts but were struck well.

but the few that come to mind were a 4h downwind from 225 on par 5 #1 that I launched high and finished just short and right, 4w from 250 on par 5 6 that finished just short and left, but the best shot was par 4 #3 I hit a snap hook ob then a good 3rd off the tee and had 145 in. I took a bit off a 9i and hit it on a frozen rope to about 7' but missed the putt. it was my best iron shot of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 5 #1. Had 230 or so in for 2nd shot. Grabbed the 18.5* FlyZ hybo and put it in the green about 18ft from the flag. Proceeded to 3putt for par but we won't talk about that.

173yrd Par 3 17th. Thanks to rj1 telling me exactly where to land it so it would feed to the hole, stuck hit pin high left to 10feet. Made the birdie putt

Today... Par 4 (Hcp 1 on the course) with a temporary green.. Flag was at about 305 yards.. Took my driver and went for it... Flew the ball over the trees and it stopped at less than 15 yards from the green!

hole8%20guildford%20160109_zpsocqp9qny.jpg

7i from 176 to 10'. Made the birdie putt.

After a poor drive, 235 yd 4w to 11 feet. Two putt par.

The best shot of the round

My best for today:

7e8f5aa450f8965f61d1cda073724d14.jpg

142 yd PW to 8 ft, love when I hit great approach shots 2 putt for par

Hit a perfect 30 yard pitch that took one hop, hit the stick and dropped right into the hole for birdie!

312y dogleg right par 4. I usually hit my 4hyb but I clubbed up and took driver as it was quite cold and the ball was not carrying nearly as far as usual.

Ended up in the FW with 100y left uphill to the green. 100y is a full SW for me but I clubbed up to PW and took dead aim.

IMG_1060.jpg

Never left the flag... the ballmark is about 4 feet below the hole. Didn't check up so I ended up with a downhill left-to-right putt. Lagged up close and tapped in for par.

Hit a big draw around the trees perfectly and left my self 140 to the green on a long par 4. Normally have around 180 left in but this time just hit the perfect drive.

Had 2 yesterday

Second round in a row with a chip in for birdie.....tee shot 4 yards over the green on a par 3....hit a nice little flop that landed 2 feet from the cup and rolled straight in!

160 yard par 3 playing down wind....green slopes severally from left to right....hit a 7 iron right at the high side....took the slope and went right by the cup leaving me less than a foot for the birdie

210 yard 5 wood out of light rough to hit a par 5 in 2 that I had never previously hit in 2. Shape of the hole (220 straight out them dead right for another 260) does not match my ball flight so I am really in position to even think about going for it. Today I pushed the drive a little and got a huge assist by lading it on the cart path. Probably gave me an extra 30 yards and left me with a straight shot in by crossing all the way over the fairway. Guess I need to try to push that drive onto the cart path more often!

Shot of the day was my drive on the 5th at my home course. LOVING my new 5 wood for tight fairways and this fairway is about as tough as I play on...

This pic is taken about 200m out, you can see the left side is all road, the right side of the fairway is a 30 degree down hill run (sharpens even more at the bottom)... If you hit the rough on the right its just gone. Fairway is about 40 meters wide where I stand, further on you can see it narrows greatly as you get near the green. Hole is about 317m long so not long at all, can drive it but is a big big risk particularly with how windy it gets.

24120262899_7d2eab6550_b.jpg

This is where the perfect drive with a 5 wood ends. It started inside the left of the fairway, faded to land middle and rolled to here. 250m drive in the end. If I could do this every weekend I'd knock 1 to 2 shots off my handicap. The hole is so tough in the wind if its across you in either direction because as said you're either out of bounds or down the hill. Most members who know what they are doing take 5 iron off the tee, then have a 6 or 7 into the green.

23859833454_594b7e515e_b.jpg

Game Golf gives you a great idea of the hole here;

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/mattgreen/round/715288?hole_id=21643514

Anyway long way of say I hit the perfect drive on the hardest hole... very happy.

281 yard par 4. Driver to 8 feet. And yes, I made the eagle putt.

20690862d0aa3a5afc4ca8db7b81bd87.jpg

This was a stupid shot. About 165 out, under trees, direct line to green blocked by the trees. Hit a low cut 5i that came out absolutely perfect, cut about 10yds and rolled up to the center of the green, about 30ft away.

Just for good measure, knocked in the putt for birdie. Just stupid.

Ward taught me a new grip find to slow it down, tried with a driver.... 290 straight thanks to a nice roll #internetlong

18th today....in the bunker (where I struggle often) with about 15 yards to the pin. Nice fluffy sand and I hit it perfectly carrying almost all the way to the hole and running 2 feet past. Easy par to finish the day.

Just trying to do what RFC told me to do in December of 2014.

18th today....in the bunker (where I struggle often) with about 15 yards to the pin. Nice fluffy sand and I hit it perfectly carrying almost all the way to the hole and running 2 feet past. Easy par to finish the day.

Just trying to do what RFC told me to do in December of 2014.
Was a beauty.

I think mine was that driver on the par 4 dogleg early, couldn't have placed it in that tight landing area better.

Though that 8i late was a treat, if only I'd made that damn putt.

Was a beauty.

I think mine was that driver on the par 4 dogleg early, couldn't have placed it in that tight landing area better.

Though that 8i late was a treat, if only I'd made that damn putt.

Hardest hole on the course and toughest tee shot on the course. Don't think I've ever seen a better tee shot than what you placed in that very narrow landing area. On that note, let me upload that vid to this thread now!

That was nice James. What course is that?

Never been that close, so didn't recognize it.
I'll say this, that swing felt good. Just too jacked up on the second shot and flew it.

Never been that close, so didn't recognize it.

Hahaha, I've been that close (downwind) but in the trees left.

Definitely makes the hole a bit less challenging when you can put a tee shot there.

Back