Bushnell Tour V4 Laser Rangefinder Review Thread

I'm wondering the same thing. Are they both bigger than the Z6?

I think this one with slope will be in my bag this year.

Currently pondering this. I need to make a golf purchase this year and I think this is it. When I do purchase this, my V3 will be available for sale or trade.

really interested to see the difference between the v4 slope and tour x....other than size. I'm guessing the option for red/black optics won't be there in the v4 either.
He mentions in the video about the ruling which lets you use a slope unit as long as you turn the slope function off. Can you turn the slope function off on the v4?

I currently have the v3 and love it. Hard to justify an upgrade for a smaller form factor and maybe it is a little faster than the v3. That being said my thoughts may change once I go see it. :)

Great video, my V2 is starting to get worried about losing it's place in my bag...the battery is dead, maybe that is a sign it's time to replace it with a new V4 Slope.

I'm looking forward to the full product test and review here on THP. Before the PGA Merchandise Show, I was dead set on a Busnell Tour X rangefinder. Looks like I'll be waiting a few more weeks before pulling any triggers.

From what I can tell from the pressers, there may not be much difference between the Tour V4 and Tour X (differences that matter to my skill level, anyway). For example, the V4 pressers state that it can read a flag 400 yards away while the Tour X can pick one up from 450 yards away. Yet another was the max range: V4 - 1000 yards, TourX 1300 yards. Now seriously, if I'm standing on the tee of a 435 yard par 4, I'm not going to zap the pin to get a reading. I'm going to look out for trouble at around the 200-250 yard range and get a reading on those. So the 50 yard difference for pinseeking is pretty immaterial to me. As for the 1000yrd vs 1300yrd max range difference, I don't think I'll be worrying much about what's 1000 yards in front of me on the course (let alone 1300)... unless it has four legs, sharp teeth, claws, and looks hungry.

But, there is one thing the Tour X has that is very appealing: The ability to switch between black and red displays (the Tour X calls it Dual Display Technology or "DDT"). There is nothing in the press releases on the V4 that mentions this kind of a feature; nothing at all -- even the display color. So, like I said, I will be waiting for the full product demo and review on the V4 before making a decision.

Besides, there's still a lot of time between now and the start of golf season. No rush.

I'm looking forward to the full product test and review here on THP. Before the PGA Merchandise Show, I was dead set on a Busnell Tour X rangefinder. Looks like I'll be waiting a few more weeks before pulling any triggers.

From what I can tell from the pressers, there may not be much difference between the Tour V4 and Tour X (differences that matter to my skill level, anyway). For example, the V4 pressers state that it can read a flag 400 yards away while the Tour X can pick one up from 450 yards away. Yet another was the max range: V4 - 1000 yards, TourX 1300 yards. Now seriously, if I'm standing on the tee of a 435 yard par 4, I'm not going to zap the pin to get a reading. I'm going to look out for trouble at around the 200-250 yard range and get a reading on those. So the 50 yard difference for pinseeking is pretty immaterial to me. As for the 1000yrd vs 1300yrd max range difference, I don't think I'll be worrying much about what's 1000 yards in front of me on the course (let alone 1300)... unless it has four legs, sharp teeth, claws, and looks hungry.

But, there is one thing the Tour X has that is very appealing: The ability to switch between black and red displays (the Tour X calls it Dual Display Technology or "DDT"). There is nothing in the press releases on the V4 that mentions this kind of a feature; nothing at all -- even the display color. So, like I said, I will be waiting for the full product demo and review on the V4 before making a decision.

Besides, there's still a lot of time between now and the start of golf season. No rush.

I use a GPS app on my Apple Watch...but the tour x and now V4 slope has me intrigued. I too will be waiting for more reviews and hands comparison when it's in the stores. One thing to keep in mind is that you may not be targeting 400yrds...but the greater magnification/range of the tour x may make it easier to seek/lock the 200-250 yard targets. The dual display is another feature I really like as I sometimes have a hard time viewing red. I don't think that's a feature the V4 has.

I use a GPS app on my Apple Watch...but the tour x and now V4 slope has me intrigued. I too will be waiting for more reviews and hands comparison when it's in the stores. One thing to keep in mind is that you may not be targeting 400yrds...but the greater magnification/range of the tour x may make it easier to seek/lock the 200-250 yard targets. The dual display is another feature I really like as I sometimes have a hard time viewing red. I don't think that's a feature the V4 has.

Interesting point on the magnification. I'll keep that in mind. I think the DDT feature may be worth the price difference between the V4 and X; assuming the V4 doesn't have it. I had the pleasure of using a friend's V3 for an approach shot into a green that had a woody and shadowy back drop. The black display was very hard to read through that background. I had to wait for the jolt and aim the unit to the blue sky to read the display. I could see how a red display would've made things easier in that situation.

Is it worth a $100 difference in list price (V4 - $399 vs X - $499)? Probably not, but one can get the Tour X for as low as $426 on Amazon (as of this morning, that price fluctuates... it was down to $404 a month ago and up to 436 last weekend). Now, another $20-$30 for the DDT doesn't seem so bad, does it? But again, assuming the V4 does not have the DDT feature.

I'm very curious about the v4. Might be my first foray into lasers. I borrowed one to see if I'd actually use it on course and I really do use it enough to justify buying a current one. I've been wondering about the tour x vs. the v4 also. The one thing I'm curious about is it seems like both units can turn off the slope feature in some way. Is it a matter of changing the face plate in the X and only flipping a switch in the v4? I suppose either way wouldn't be a big bother but then again I would like to avoid the headache of misplacing a face plate.

Ive been holding out on getting a new range finder because of the size.....this one looks awesome and will most likely be the one I end up with. Very smart design in a smaller size!

Tour x is now 409 on Amazon. Wonder if I should just pull the trigger on the tour x. From what I read the v4 will not have DDT.

on another note does anyone know how often Bushnell product cycles are? Will they probably come out with an updated tour x next year? I'm thinking that the next version probably won't require faceplate changes.

Tour x is now 409 on Amazon. Wonder if I should just pull the trigger on the tour x. From what I read the v4 will not have DDT.

on another note does anyone know how often Bushnell product cycles are? Will they probably come out with an updated tour x next year? I'm thinking that the next version probably won't require faceplate changes.
The V3 came out in 2013, and they have 3 different lines, so my math says 3 year release cycles.

And you're correct, V4 doesn't have DDT.

Ive been holding out on getting a new range finder because of the size.....this one looks awesome and will most likely be the one I end up with. Very smart design in a smaller size!

I'm interested in the size as well as I carry mine in my back pocket. The Tour X is 1.5 inches thick and I'm wondering if the V4 is the same. I have a Leopold GX3-I2 currently that performs flawlessly that is 1.4" thick but if anyone would come out with something thinner I would buy it.

This one is on its way to THP HQ.

I need to get one of these in my hands. From a longtime non user, and recently gps watch user, this is clearly the best technology out there. I'm curious what kind of scores I'd start shooting with increased accuracy on the numbers.

V4 looks great, but I decided to just get the Tour X. I felt like the added features of the tour X (higher magnification and DDT) outweigh the smaller size of the V4. I wouldn't be pocketing the V4 anyway and I was able to get the tour X for the same price the v4 is going to be.

Bushnell V4

Bushnell V4

Anyone have a few rounds with the V4 non slope? I read Deans review and I'm 95 % sure I'm gonna get one, just was hoping for a little feedback from those of you who already have one in play. Thanks.

Waiting for mine from Golf Galaxy that I pre-ordered. I have not seen one in stores yet and even Amazon doesn't have a listing yet. Maybe later in the month they'll be available.

Anyone have a few rounds with the V4 non slope? I read Deans review and I'm 95 % sure I'm gonna get one, just was hoping for a little feedback from those of you who already have one in play. Thanks.
I believe Dean is one of the few to have experience with this already.

That thread also helps give one central location for things to make it easier for readers to get opinions/experiences. Pose that question there, ya never know. The A Player - Dean may even answer your questions himself!

Waiting for mine from Golf Galaxy that I pre-ordered. I have not seen one in stores yet and even Amazon doesn't have a listing yet. Maybe later in the month they'll be available.
That's my bad, I assumed they were out already. Haven't been to a golf store in a couple weeks. Thanks.

Went to GG today. They are supposed to hit stores tomorrow, but not available for sale until the 12th. The V3 was only $250, but I'm waiting for the V4 to compare.

I got a message that my V4 is arriving today, so I should be able to test it this weekend.

Back