Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh shots fired

a big nod? come on man dont be a homer you guys squeeked by us this year in a year worse then any team ron zook put on the field

I'm thinking you fired 'em 1st fella, and I can get very defensive. Just sayin'

you dont follow football much do you? sparty is not pretty good .. this a team that got rolled by notre dame and nebraska

Okay. So logic would dictate that Georgia is even worse than "not pretty good" because they lost to Sparty who is exactly that.

They also beat the team playing in the rose bowl, but I hate that type of argument. If loosing a 7 point lead is choking then there is a hell of a lot of choking teams. Missing a field goal isn't choking, it's a miss. Blowing a big lead (7 points is not a big lead, it's one possession) or in some cases starting out the season 4-0 then crumbling is choking. I think you'll understand that last part.

--
tapatalk

and they got beat by the team playing in the rose bowl so yea you dont like the arguement because it doesnt really work lol

nice attempt at a shot but starting the season out 4-0 and crumbling is choking? or for those who pay attention it's getting into the meat of conference play and playing teams that are better then yours.

i think they are about the same .. however to clarify i wasnt saying they wont beat oregon and not saying oregon is even close to being as good as TCU was last year on defense.

About the same? Russell Wilson is far better than Scott Tolzein. I don't watch much Badger football, but I would imagine any fan of theirs would say they have a far better offense this year over last.

Guess I'm just not understanding your initial response. Sconsin very good on Offense this year. Oregon D not built on D to stop this rushing attack. Oregon therefore has to score a ton. That was my initial remark.

"Don't be a homer" -trae*

Those are words to live by from an objective source.

Mich State is better than Florida.

and they got beat by the team playing in the rose bowl so yea you dont like the arguement because it doesnt really work lol

nice attempt at a shot but starting the season out 4-0 and crumbling is choking? or for those who pay attention it's getting into the meat of conference play and playing teams that are better then yours.

I don't like those arguments because they don't mean much, which was my point. Those two teams were 1-1 vs each other, pretty even it would seem.

I guess we should throw out all those 4th quarter comback stats for QB's since they were playing a bunch of chokers.

--
tapatalk

About the same? Russell Wilson is far better than Scott Tolzein. I don't watch much Badger football, but I would imagine any fan of theirs would say they have a far better offense this year over last.

Guess I'm just not understanding your initial response. Sconsin very good on Offense this year. Oregon D not built on D to stop this rushing attack. Oregon therefore has to score a ton. That was my initial remark.

It's not close. Defense isn't near as good, but offense quite a bit better. Tolzein and Wilson do not play on the same planet.

Kevin

thats what all the media hype would have you believe .. wilson wasnt that great at NCstate just going to wisconsin doenst make him superman.

2010 wisconsin had a 445 ypg avg
2011 wisconisn had a 466 ypg avg

so about the same

scoring offense because i know someone will try to say thay was 46 to 41

I don't like those arguments because they don't mean much, which was my point. Those two teams were 1-1 vs each other, pretty even it would seem.

I guess we should throw out all those 4th quarter comback stats for QB's since they were playing a bunch of chokers.

--
tapatalk

are you a free shoes fan by chance? lol

WOW, I don't know who that was but he was freaking FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a show of speed!

--
tapatalk

thats what all the media hype would have you believe .. wilson wasnt that great at NCstate just going to wisconsin doenst make him superman.

so about the same

Dude, Russell Wilson has been amazing this year. He was really good at NC State also but just played for bad teams.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

so about the same

It's more than yards per game. It's how and how quickly they can score. You must think Brees should win the MVP.

Kevin

That guy ran so fast a guy my age couldn't even see him.

Kevin

Dude, Russell Wilson has been amazing this year. He was really good at NC State also but just played for bad teams.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

I would agree. 31 TDs, 5 more rushing, and 3 ints! Yea he's not Superman, but he makes this offense explosive. I think he doubled up Tolzeins TDs from last year? Much tougher offense to stop this year.

Lol! Who did that last season?

--
tapatalk

Looks like they figured out Ball a little bit.

Kevin

I'd like to see Tolzien run away from that one.

Kevin

I'm intrigued by Russell Wilson. I haven't seen him play much but saw an interview with him and he seemed to have his head on straight. One draft prospect website has him listed at only 5-11, 210 lbs. Is that accurate? He looks bigger than than...

I'd like to see Tolzien run away from that one.

Kevin

Hah.

Wish I took the over 74. That might get blown away here.

What are the chances Montee Ball comes back for his senior season.

I'm intrigued by Russell Wilson. I haven't seen him play much but saw an interview with him and he seemed to have his head on straight. One draft prospect website has him listed at only 5-11, 210 lbs. Is that accurate? He looks bigger than than...

That's about right. Saw him without pads in Raleigh a few times and last year at the bowl game in Orlando, he plays much bigger doesn't he.

--
tapatalk

Hah.

Wish I took the over 74. That might get blown away here.
42 with over 10 min to go in the half, it would have been a really good bet.

Woohoo! Go Ducks. Nice run by D'Anthony Thomas and a great reception by Kenjon Barner. Game's tied again. Go Ducks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back