Golf ball for begginers

Wilson Duo or Srixon Q Star. Both are quality balls and affordable your probably going to loose more than you would like to admit.

Nike PD soft is a good, affordable, ball for beginners (low swing speed). I feel like this ball just flys off the club face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you decide what you want go with lostgolfballs.com

I have 100 Callaway Supersofts in the marketplace that will be great for you at a really good deal. One of the best balls out there. Let me know.

I have to agree with a few above - Wilson duo is a great ball that can be had for a great price.

And lostgolfballs (or similar) is the way to go early on. No need to spend a bunch of cash on balls when you are just starting. Makes you feel better about your "donations" to the golf gods or people's yards.

All the above suggestions are great. Do you have any buddies that play? If so, they may have some golf balls in less than pristine condition, but perfect for a new golfer - ask them if they have any they could give you.

Good luck, and enjoy the game.

To start with - 'cheap' would be my advice. I went through a lot of golf balls.

As you progress, you'll begin to develop a preference.

Topflite Distance D2, 15 ball pack for less than $20.00. You can't hurt them, all you can do negative to the ball is lose it. After you begin to learn the game and it grabs you, then you can upscale to the ball you like.

When I started I bought a bunch of used Nike Mojos. Worked great and was no big deal when I lost them.

Whatever you can find cheap. Especially for a beginner, the ball doesnt really matter. When I first started, I would buy whatever was cheap at Wal-Mart: Nike Mojos, Noodles, Titleist X-Outs.

W/S Duo is a great ball. The W/S 50 Elite is a decent ball too for $12/dozen.

I'd go to Costco, if you have a membership, and grab a box of four dozen Callaway HexSoft balls for $60.

The other one they may have is the Callaway SuperHot for the same price.

These are made for Costco and are not available anywhere else, but don't think they're crap. I played their Hex Controls last year and they were ****ing great, especially for the price.

You could get a mix of 100 Callaway 4A quality golf balls for less than $60 at lostgolfballs.com.

Srixon Soft feel or Nike Power Distance. Both are decent for beginners.

I would throw Bridgestone E6s into the mix.
Its a really good mid range ball that should reduce some side spin from your driver and hopefully help keep you in play.

I played their Hex Controls last year and they were ****ing great, especially for the price.

At the end of last season, I bought 4 boxes at $20 each. I would have got more but my wife was getting more and more pissed with each box I added to the cart. 4 was right on the edge of her losing it hahaha

rockbottomgolf.com has Precept Laddies for $8.24/dozen. I played them last year and they functioned perfectly well for me. Last week I went to Wal-Mart and picked up 15 recycled Mojo's for $10.00. Played them this weekend, liked them just fine.

wilson FLIs. $5 for 12 at Wal-Mart and they check up pretty good on greens. used these exclusively until i switched to Titleist

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

I would throw Bridgestone E6s into the mix.
Its a really good mid range ball that should reduce some side spin from your driver and hopefully help keep you in play.
This is my vote. Look for a prior year model to help reduce price. I think the ball is great, and great for a beginner because it flies straighter which means you'll enjoy the game more.

Bridgestone E Series is LEGIT.

I also use and are a fan of e6. But that's said they are not exactly cheapies either. For a 36 capper I would say (for now) just buy whatever is cheap within reason and whatever you find on the course. Develop some sort of a more consistent swing and then think more about spending a bit more on the ball that may suit your game. But that's just my .02

I'd go to Costco, if you have a membership, and grab a box of four dozen Callaway HexSoft balls for $60.

The other one they may have is the Callaway SuperHot for the same price.

These are made for Costco and are not available anywhere else, but don't think they're crap. I played their Hex Controls last year and they were ****ing great, especially for the price.

Last year I got some of these when I return to the game of golf after a 10 year absence. Tough ball to beat when $$$ are taken into consideration. Like many have already posted, buy the least expensive ball you can find because you will be loosing a bunch of balls while learning this great game. The above Costco/Callaway ball is an excellent choice in this regards.

BTW... welcome to the game.

Back