Have you improved or regressed in 2015

• I have improved in 2015

Votes: 46 64.8%
  • I have stayed relatively the same

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • my golf has gotten worse in 2015

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters
Both my putting and my long game have been up and down this year and not at all consistent. My irons have been solid, and my pitching/chipping has significantly improved and saved me on a few days.

Had to be honest with myself and say I haven't been playing as well as I did last year although that's slowly changing. I played some damn good golf last year but I also practiced a whole hell of a lot more and was more focused during practicing.

Improved, handicap is down, the majority of my rounds are low - mid 90's and I am feeling breaking 90 is coming soon.

Overall I have improved. Shooting in the low to mid 90s almost regularly with a high 80s in there occasionally. However I had my worst round of the year just last week so we will see if I bounce back or if Im starting to regress. I have a feeling it was a combination of things contributing to my poor play but I don't like to make excuses.

I've definitely improved my game and my swing, but it's still a steaming hot mess at times. I was on a pretty solid practice regimen for Legacy and I can't keep that up at all, so I'm sure the regression is going to hit soon.

My handicap has dropped by 5 but not to my liking.

Improved, no doubt. Been the best golf season of my life.

Handicap has improved my ball striking has regressed badly but I have learned how to manage myself a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the numbers, I have improved, but it's very much been a 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back. Made it into my target index range twice, this season, but each time, the stay was very brief.

Definitely improved...especially since I got new irons- Srixon Z545s.

I have gotten worse. This has been an interesting year on a personal level and I haven't had the time to play as much as I would like and I'm just not consistent, it's so damn frustrating.

Improved for sure. Getting into an event like The Gauntlet has pushed me to get better. I know that I have teammates and competition that are putting the work in and I won't walk away disappointed because I didn't put in the work ahead of time. My handicap has been pretty much cut in half so far this year and I'm not done yet

This has definitely been my best year. I had a breakthrough towards the end of 2014 and then my short game came back much more quickly after the winter/injury layoff than in years past. More consistent ball striking with all my clubs has my index down to its lowest number ever. T4K, please keep that reality stick out west!

Been pretty stale for me this year so far, but I haven't had the chance to play much. With things mellowing out I'm hoping to change that and get the cap going down again.

My putting has recently improved for the first time in 20+ years. Enough that I'm happy if the rest of my game just stays the same for the next 10 years.

Absolute best game tee to green ball striking ever right now for me. Major improvements since beginning of the season and enjoying it immensely.

I have improved. Got a lot worse before it got better, tho. Shot my personal best 18 hole score this year, along with matching my lowest (in relation to par) 9 hole score. I have shot more scores in the 70's this year than any other year.
Tee shots are still a project, but not as bad now as they have been in the past.
My short game and putting has improved.
Handicap wise, I am where I was in December 2014, but I am a better golfer than I was at that time.

I have slipped a little bit. I am having trouble getting my timing down. to date I have lost 122 pounds ( yes I am counting every pound...lol ). I believe my weight loss has impacted my swing timing. I am thinking about contact Jason dufner and david duval to ask them for advice....lol

Regressed. Other things in life have taken precedent and I am certainly fine with that. Small, short term sacrifices. I have just as much fun, if not more, than when I could play consistently

I have improved...then regressed...then improved...then regressed.

Just like I do every year.

There's still a good 6 weeks of golf left, maybe more, so I hope I can see some more improvement by the end of season.

I regressed over last winter, then saw some significant improvement, then plateaued. I've seen some good out of my swing lately though and feel like I'll be dropping the handicap some by the end of the year if I get some rounds in.

I gone from praying to break 100, to believing 90 is doable ... I even broke into the high 80's twice this year ... I just have a 2-3 holes where the wheels come off and I get an 7 or an 8 ...

But I feel better about my game this year compared to previous

Major improvement. 2015 goals are; break 80, single digit handicap, and play 2-3 times per week. My improvement plan included a range pass, practice putting in the living room while "watching" tv, buying new clubs, building homemade slice eliminator with PVC tubing, joining THP, watching golf lessons on Youtube, and taking a few private lessons. This plan is paying off. I started the year with a 18 handicap and it's now at 9.0. Typical score is low to mid 80s. My three favorite courses average 6,500 yards and 140 slope.

Already planning 2016 goals. 1.) break par. 2.) handicap below 5.

Last edited:
It's been a definite regression. I started out the season with a 96, 94, 90, 89, then 96, and a shoulder injury sidelined me for 2 months. I haven't broke 105 since.

I'm dropping my HC reporting for the rest of the season and simply practicing on the course. I have enough trouble hitting off of flat lies, so I'm not going to complicate things with advanced lies. I've noticed pros don't follow rules of golf when they're practicing, so why should I? Especially if I don't report the round. There's only 8 weeks left in our season anyway, and only 6 of them are playable. So go out and enjoy the sunshine and hit the ball around on the course.

I know I'm not a good golfer, and that I'll never be a good golfer. I started too late in life, and I'll be lucky to break 90 regularly. And why do I need a handicap if I don't play competitive golf? My neighbor is a 8 HC and he still wouldn't give me 14 strokes for a round - 10 at most. So what good is my handicap?

Back