Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

Nice specs One-T, I love the px 6.0 shafts myself and I love that bag full of PX shafts. I've never hit any of the clubs but based of the reviews that is a badass bag you've put together right there.

I will be interested in hitting the reg flex. Just for grins

It's the same as in my clubs now and they work well for me.....but I am really looking forward to more forgiveness in the heads.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I submitted my specs, they are as follows:

Irons: J40 DPC’s Standard length, lie
Shafts: project x 6.0 flighted(stock)
Hybrids: 3 & 4 stiff PX 6.0
3 wood stiff PX 6.0
Driver: J40 445 stiff PX 6.0
Wedges: J40 Chrome w/ spinners 50*, 54*, 58*
This is almost exactly what I'll be going with too, very solid lineup buddy.

I really need to do a shaft fitting. I have DG S300 now in my MB's. But I have no idea what to get in my MC bag shaft wise. I'm wanting to try something different than the DG's. I've had DG Regular not sure on the number in my R7's and then DG S300 in my MB's. I really want to try the PX but not sure which I should go with. After talking with Danny.P I think the PX 5.5's would work for me. Any suggestions that would be better for me with stiffness close to the DG S300's, other than getting a fitting. Which I'm hoping to do.

Last edited:
I put in my specs today for my irons, hybrids, FW, and driver.

J40 DPC's with PX Graphite 5.5 bent 2 degrees strong
J40 3 and 4 hybrid with PX 5.5
J40 4 wood(16 degrees) with PX 6.0
J40 driver 10.5 - with a couple of different options and we'll see how it ends up.

J40 driver 10.5 - with a couple of different options and we'll see how it ends up.

Pondering a similar set up. Any particular reason for the 6.0 in the 4-wood vs. the 5.5?

Pondering a similar set up. Any particular reason for the 6.0 in the 4-wood vs. the 5.5?

I've played the 6.0 in my driver before and hit the 4 wood well down in FL with the 6.0. The 5.5 was solid in the irons for me a few days ago while testing some shafts.

Any idea on how the wedges will set up with the irons 2* strong?

Any idea on how the wedges will set up with the irons 2* strong?

With wedges I went 52(bent to 50), 54,58. Should go from 9iron(40), PW(44), 50

Very nice Dean!! Was wondering who would be the first to throw graphite in the irons.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Great specs guys! I do see a trend of a lot of PX stuff in all our bags.

Was PX the only option made available to the staffers?

nice set up man! I like the idea going 2* strong as well

Nice dean! I too have been contemplating the graphites in the irons. But I haven't any of them yet. I should be able to do that this weekend. Then hopefully I will know what my MC bag will really look like! Glad we have time.

They didn't give us any bounds that I know of. For me, the PX specifications fit my swing. I have always liked a stiff tipped shaft with a mid/high kick point.

I liked the 6.0 shaft in the CB's I tested buddy.....skim job here but is that what shaft you went with?

They didn't give us any bounds that I know of. For me, the PX specifications fit my swing. I have always liked a stiff tipped shaft with a mid/high kick point.

No, they told us to find shafts that work the best for us. Personally, I made the assumption that this included all shafts and options that are viewable on Bridgestone.com. I could have confirmed but since I am already playing the PX 5.0 steel and that is what I was fitted to less than 6 months ago, I saw no reason to change.

I understand that it is early in the process but there are so many options available on their site. If no boundaries have been set I would take a look at ALL of your options. If they fit you, great but the entire squad seems to be leaning on PX as their option. With the success we have seen with other shafts and the way talk about proper fittings, I hope you guys take the time to explore if that is an option.

I'm going to try and get a fitting. I want what's best for me. In the past I pretty much went stock with Stiff flex. The only thing I'm pretty set on is MID size grips... LOL And my putter obviously.

This is really awesome that they are giving you guys pretty much free reign on the shaft front. When I got fit last fall I was STUNNED how a different shaft in the same flex can affect so much with ball flight, dispersion, etc.

I understand that it is early in the process but there are so many options available on their site. If no boundaries have been set I would take a look at ALL of your options. If they fit you, great but the entire squad seems to be leaning on PX as their option. With the success we have seen with other shafts and the way talk about proper fittings, I hope you guys take the time to explore if that is an option.

I don't disagree with you about exploring your options. But I also didn't want to be that guy who requests some $400 shafts just because I could. I've used PX in my driver and fw before so I am comfortable with that. I did list a few driver shafts to see what we could come up with.

deandec, I'm curious as to why you went with graphite iron shafts? Are they just that much better for you than steel? Do you have any numbers comparing the two?

deandec, I'm curious as to why you went with graphite iron shafts? Are they just that much better for you than steel? Do you have any numbers comparing the two?

I hit them side by side last week and the numbers weren't all that different. I figured to go with a shaft that felt good and was a little lighter. I talked about it in the club fitting thread over the weekend.

I don't disagree with you about exploring your options. But I also didn't want to be that guy who requests some $400 shafts just because I could. I've used PX in my driver and fw before so I am comfortable with that. I did list a few driver shafts to see what we could come up with.

I totally agree, don't be that guy but with no limits at this time, some variety with the 8 sponsored players would be great for Bstone, THP and potential consumers.
That being said if PX fits all 8 of you then by all means, go with what works.

Back