New TaylorMade balls, Penta TP5 & Penta 3

Very interested in both these balls.

Im definitely more curious about the Penta 3, I just hope by "under $35" they dont mean $34.99.

Agreed...at the very least it would inspire me to check it out against the current ones in the bag

From the sounds of it, it will be $34.99 which puts in right up against the e5 line. You give me a 3 piece Urethane covered ball for that price and I could very well be in.

From the sounds of it, it will be $34.99 which puts in right up against the e5 line. You give me a 3 piece Urethane covered ball for that price and I could very well be in.

e5 line here is only $25, now if they price it around 29.99 I think it would persuade me a little more.

I'm skeptical about the TP3 till I try it but atleast TM is the first company in my mind that is trying to make "pro balls" cheaper. Can't wait to try both.

As a fan of the TP Black and the original Penta, I'll certainly give the new TP3 a test drive and offer it a chance to make it my regular gamer.

"The right ball needs no fitting. Introducing the new Penta TP5 - the only golf ball that delivers superior performance for every golfer."

Hummm, a shot fired across the bow of the Bridgestone vessel perhaps? I like it......

"The right ball needs no fitting. Introducing the new Penta TP5 - the only golf ball that delivers superior performance for every golfer."

Hummm, a shot fired across the bow of the Bridgestone vessel perhaps? I like it......

Yeah, that's pretty clever.

I look forward to trying these out, especially the TP3. The Penta ball was one of the items that was really interesting to me in the Morgan Cup last year, as I don't normally play a tour ball. Will be very interesting to see how they've improved what was already a great ball.

Looking forward to trying the TP5. I'm a big fan of the current TP. I wonder what the price point will be for the TP5.

As well as the current Penta performs for me this new one should put me in the hackers HOF. I really enjoy this current version so you can imagine my excitement

As well as the current Penta performs for me this new one should put me in the hackers HOF. I really enjoy this current version so you can imagine my excitement

I am with you 100%! I cant wait!

Anyone else find that the Penta ball is shorter off the tee than say the Bridgestone though?

Anyone else find that the Penta ball is shorter off the tee than say the Bridgestone though?

Yes. For me about 5 yards shorter. This is one of the areas that they have improved on (reportedly) with the new ball. That and better performance in the wind will make this the best ball ever in my mind.

Yes. For me about 5 yards shorter. This is one of the areas that they have improved on (reportedly) with the new ball. That and better performance in the wind will make this the best ball ever in my mind.

Good , it was also shorter for me as well and seemed to "scuff" more with wedges than the Bridgestone.. I will try out the new one just because I am always trying the newest and greatest!

I can't wait to try the new Penta TP5. I loved the Penta, but it looks like they may have made it even better.

It sounds like their also going after the Titleist ProV1(x) market as well, which makes the same claim that anyone can play their ball.

While I will be playing Callaway balls for the most part this year in preparation for the MC I will definitely be trying the new Penta balls to see how they perform. The current model is my favorite ball and if the new one is any better it will probably be in my bag after the MC. Guess it depends how well the new HEX balls perform though as well, Callaway might blow me away because I have heard great things about their new balls as well.

Hmm, so my source was right about the Penta 3...
I kind of thought he was joking.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Looks like these will be on my list to try out. I played the Penta as my standard last year and thought it was a good ball. We will see.

After hearing all of the new info about both the 5 and the 3, I REALLY want to try these. The 3 is intriguing and if the 5 is an improved Penta, it could be one of the best golf balls ever made.

For me i was fitted for the B330 or whatever Bridgestone and Im longer with the Penta and Burner tour which is a surprise because i hear that from alot of people.

Excited about both models. The original Penta improved my game so I'm pumped to see how these perform.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

I have always liked the golf balls Taylormade has put out, very interested in the tp3 and the rocketballz.

Penta TP5

Penta TP5

Found this pic of the new Penta TP5

View attachment 3446

Will give these a go!

Bring those prices down! hopefully this TP3 will encourage more 25 - 35$ Urethane 3 piece balls! I still loose too many to comfortably buy a dozen.

I'm still a little interested about the TP3. I wonder. So it incorporates layers from the TP5, or is it a completely different makeup...which leads me to ask if TM are attempting to cash in on the Penta name by rebranding the Burner TP and tarting it up slightly?

Back