Mirrorless Camera Systems

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There seems to be a trend in photo areas that there is a no area that can be a huge hit. Camera systems like the Nikon 1, Sony NEX, along with options from Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung and others for this hybrid type of technology. Interchangeable lens cameras packed with features that are said to deliver DSLR like quality in some areas, with some of the convenience of point and shoot technology.

For those that have tried these out, have you liked what you are seeing? We have spent quite a bit of time recently with the new Nikon 1 system, and I have to say that I am really impressed with what I am seeing. Both in the photos and features as well as the video.

I've been wondering the same thing, JB, as I've been pondering the Nikon 1 as my backup/mobile camera for my big Nikon D200 DSLR.

I am hoping to get a nice camera for my birthday in March so I can't wait to hear what people say. I don't really want a DSLR but I'd like a ton of features and very high quality.

• Admin
I've been wondering the same thing, JB, as I've been pondering the Nikon 1 as my backup/mobile camera for my big Nikon D200 DSLR.

We actually traded our DSLRs in after experimenting and so far so good. The video is fantastic and really offers us a far more mobile solution. Full HD with actual lenses a mic out port that works great and pictures that really do stand out.

The speed is the key for us though. I mean it is the fastest camera I have ever had my hands on. The AF is staggering speed wise.

We actually traded our DSLRs in after experimenting and so far so good. The video is fantastic and really offers us a far more mobile solution. Full HD with actual lenses a mic out port that works great and pictures that really do stand out.

The speed is the key for us though. I mean it is the fastest camera I have ever had my hands on. The AF is staggering speed wise.

I'm really considering doing what you did. As long as the quality was as good photo wise, I had the ability to add a speedlight (one of the Nikon 1s has that I believe), and use my lenses via an F mount adapter, I would definitely consider going more mobile.

• Admin
I'm really considering doing what you did. As long as the quality was as good photo wise, I had the ability to add a speedlight (one of the Nikon 1s has that I believe), and use my lenses via an F mount adapter, I would definitely consider going more mobile.

I was very skeptical, but the video sold me. It was not a cheap transition, but so far so good.

So have you been taking your product pics with the Nikon 1 lately? And if so, which ones, so I can take a look at what you've done with the camera.

• Admin
So have you been taking your product pics with the Nikon 1 lately? And if so, which ones, so I can take a look at what you've done with the camera.

GG does that, but take a look at the Cobra Amp iron pics she just added to that thread.

I've had my eyes on these cameras. Been thinking about selling my DSLR because we never want to lug it around. Just haven't been too sure about taking the plunge though.

GG does that, but take a look at the Cobra Amp iron pics she just added to that thread.

Its actually the ladies COBRA AMP Iron pics that I used the new camera for.

I've had my eyes on these cameras. Been thinking about selling my DSLR because we never want to lug it around. Just haven't been too sure about taking the plunge though.

You sound exactly like me a month ago. I read every single review and everything. I did not care for the J1 as much as the V1, but so far I dont regret it at all.

Just took a glance at your pics on the Ladies' Cobra AMP irons. Man that picture quality is awesome. This is definitely becoming a serious ponder for me. I love my DSLR, and I can do very good work with it, but the portability of the Nikon 1, plus the HD video, and the fact that I can use my old Nikon lenses....oh man. My wallet is groaning right now.

And JB...did you get the J1 or the V1? I would definitely get the V1 because of the speedlight option.

Me personally would never get rid of my DSLR. But I will probably get an Olympus EP-3 as a carry around camera. These mirror less removable lens cameras are awesome and will only get better. I have heard good things bout the V1 though.

You sound exactly like me a month ago. I read every single review and everything. I did not care for the J1 as much as the V1, but so far I dont regret it at all.

For what we need the cameras for the V1 was the only real option for us. The pop up flash in the J1 wouldn't cut it for us for indoor photos like at the show we need something's a bit brighter, but I think for everyday use the J1 is a great camera.

And you say the speed is killer? Just read some good reviews on amazon now.

Just took a glance at your pics on the Ladies' Cobra AMP irons. Man that picture quality is awesome. This is definitely becoming a serious ponder for me. I love my DSLR, and I can do very good work with it, but the portability of the Nikon 1, plus the HD video, and the fact that I can use my old Nikon lenses....oh man. My wallet is groaning right now.

And JB...did you get the J1 or the V1? I would definitely get the V1 because of the speedlight option.

We got th v1 it made more sense for what we do. I haven't messed with the settings too much yet and the lighting wasnt great today so I think those pictures could be even better.

I saw these the other day searching the net. Not being a photographer these seem like the most camera I'll ever need.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Could be a great hobby camera as it's packed with a ton of features, I really like the idea of being able to shoot video and then take a still without interrupting the video. Pretty cool technology and a sign of good things to come hopefully.

The the smaller than small 9x13mm sensor and no wide angle lens option would keep me away though. No autofocus with AF lenses is another big drawback for me personally.

We got th v1 it made more sense for what we do. I haven't messed with the settings too much yet and the lighting wasnt great today so I think those pictures could be even better.

Cool! Did you purchase the speedlight/bounce flash for the V1? And are you using the stock lens?

Could be a great hobby camera as it's packed with a ton of features, I really like the idea of being able to shoot video and then take a still without interrupting the video. Pretty cool technology and a sign of good things to come hopefully.

The the smaller than small 9x13mm sensor and no wide angle lens option would keep me away though. No autofocus with AF lenses is another big drawback for me personally.

Wide Angle lens will be here with in 3 months. And I was scared to death about the sensor, but based on the different system, its not as big a deal as I expected.

Cool! Did you purchase the speedlight/bounce flash for the V1? And are you using the stock lens?

I ordered then and they should be here on Friday. They are apparently on back order everywhere but I found them on eBay. For the pictures I took of the irons it is with the stock lens.

Hmmm, JB ever time I turn around you bring up stuff that cost me money...lol

Back