60* of separation

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems the trend these days is to carry three wedges, not including the PW. Usual setup is 60, 56 and 52. With the creation of variable soles is it going to remain trend? The new sole will allow you to open the face of your 56* and play the high softy. So will you get rid of the 60*? Or will it stay in the bag because it's habit?

It will stay in the bag for me. I use a full 60* from 80 yards much of the time. I have always trusted the wide open lob more to my 56* than the 60*, the new grinds shouldn't change that. I may see some changes in loft based on the aggressive lofting of most iron sets these days.

It seems the trend these days is to carry three wedges, not including the PW. Usual setup is 60, 56 and 52. With the creation of variable soles is it going to remain trend? The new sole will allow you to open the face of your 56* and play the high softy. So will you get rid of the 60*? Or will it stay in the bag because it's habit?

I still use a 60* because I can play it square or open. It's like a 64* more of a specialty club. Recently I have thought of changing to a 58* for full shots but I couldn't get rid of my 60* I'm too attached.

It's definately something that I have thought about....I carry a 58* not a 60, but I use it for a lot of full shots, so for right now I would have to say, "no"

If the new type of sole truly works, I might consider altering my lofts, but not get rid of any. I currently use 60°/55°/50°, and am considering a 65° because my short game is getting much better and the extra club (which I have used successfully) would help I believe. If the sole really does allow for that much variability, I might leave bigger gaps in my wedges though (maybe go 63/57/51).

I will always carry three wedges. I have had my 60* for a long time I have gotten very attached to it.

Keeping a 60* in the bag. With some of the new wedge sole designs being released, I think the 60* may become an even more versatile club in my bag.

I've only played 2 wedges for a long time now. I don't need anything higher lofted than a 56*, at least in my experiences so far.

I'm still going to go with 3 wedges, mainly at 50-54-58. It does give me more options for shots around the greens, but I tend to use the 58 for most short shots near the greens. However, the bigger reason that I like to have 3 wedges is because it allows me to make more full swings from the fairway, as hitting 1/2 and 3/4 shots is not a strength for me.

Ok, lots of live for the 60*, good to see. How often do you use it? Do you use more than your 56*? Also the last time you used it, did you make birdie, par, bogie?

I just recently started hitting full shots with the 60 from 75-80 yards with the purchase of the SCOR's and it has changed my game for the better within 100 yards.

So, for my game, the 60 is staying.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Like Ary, I also have the 50/54/58 setup. Mainly for consistent gaps. I can open up the 58 for a lob shot, and the 50 is my go to club for chips.

I use it for full shots and quite a few shots around the green. I have used that wedge so much that i seem to go to it more and more because i feel comfortable with it.

I use mine quite a bit, but no where near as often as the 56*. Full shots from 80 yards, half shots and very soft lobs, but prefer the 56* even on short half shots.

I like my 60*. I don't use it as much as my 56*, so I could easily say that I don't need anything higher than my 56*. I do, however, think that short game is more important than my long game, so I have no need for another wood or hybrid. Might as well take the 60*.

I'll keep my 60* in the bag I am too comfortable with it to just let it go plus keeping it in the bag allows me different options over my 56* which I primarily use it for running chips and bunker play.

I carry 52, 56, & a 60. The 60 is great since I can use it as a full shot from 70 yds out and it's lofted enough to use arounds the greens.

I just started using a 60 toward the end of last season and I like it. I still use my 56 more though.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

I will always carry three wedges. I have had my 60* for a long time I have gotten very attached to it.

Your girl said it's in bed waiting for you now.

Tapatalk with Siri

i doubt ill ever get rid of my 60* i use it more than my 56* and prob less than my 50* i actually will be taking my 64* out of my bag when my custom grind 588 60* shows up if i can open it up more. somehow i always end up with chips over sand to a downhill green. so i love flopping my 60* close.

My 60* wedge is not going anywhere. I love it for full shots for around 85 yards and it is my most consistent club around the greens.

My 60* stays in the bag. With my R-11s I have the PW45* AW50* and added the SCOR 55* 60*.

I would get rid of it in a heartbeat if I could save strokes or be able to carry another club. My configuration changes all the time depending on conditions and where I'm playing.

Ok, lots of live for the 60*, good to see. How often do you use it? Do you use more than your 56*? Also the last time you used it, did you make birdie, par, bogie?

It (the 60) is my most versatile club. I use it from 85 yards and closer (92 yds in summer.) Also, for chipping, pitching, and open it up to get some bounce and use it in greenside bunkers. I use the 56 from 85-100 yds and in wet rough. I would love to replace both clubs with one wedge.

I carry 50,54,60 and rarely use my 60. I really should pull it.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people that love and rely on a 60* wedge. I don't find them very versatile at all. They're pretty much good for one or two shots and that's it.

Back