Mizuno MP-5 - THP Review Thread

Your looking 2-3 weeks. Let the snow at golf Canada melt a little. Did you get these at the South store, as thats the flag ship store. Typically though, 10 business days... I am gonna trunk some of these too.

Went to the sunridge store and got them through there. I have been going to golf canada center quite a bit this winter already. Can't wait to get here to give these a work out!

What's the shipping time on these like? Especially for the Canadian guys? How long did you wait on your order to be delivered?

I ordered my mizzuno wedges from golf town and it took them 12 business days.

I ordered my mizzuno wedges from golf town and it took them 12 business days.

Scrap did you get the black ion Mizuno wedges? How do you like them?

We will have to get out and play again this year

Can't wait for mines. Ordered on 12/21 and ETA 12/31 due to the holidays.

MP-5 (4-PW), KBS C-Taper S, Black/Blue MCC+4 grips, 1 degree flat

If you hit them. You will buy them. Please fellow THP'ERS don't be foolish. Don't fall for the trap.

Just say no

Or your bag will never look the same again.

Happy New Year

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just beware Internet Golfers. Like a Pretty Girl in Vegas. MP5'S will not only steal your Heart. She will Break it Just Like That.

Just beware Internet Golfers. Like a Pretty Girl in Vegas. MP5'S will not only steal your Heart. She will Break it Just Like That.

How is your affair going with them?

Causing you some troubles? They are awesome when you are on.

How is your affair going with them?
Today she broke my heart. But I can't take my eyes off the legs

Causing you some troubles? They are awesome when you are on.
Just don't you dare bring your B+ game.

But when you're on. Very. Extremely precise.

They are microsurgery tools to dissect any hole apart.

Just don't you dare bring your B+ game.

But when you're on. Very. Extremely precise.

They are microsurgery tools to dissect any hole apart.

You've had a ton of passion for them every since you first hit them. It's been really fun to follow along with.

Beautiful irons... Too bad they don't make them LH. If I would ever buy blades and these were available in LH, they would be at the top of my list.

You've had a ton of passion for them every since you first hit them. It's been really fun to follow along with.
The passion isn't over, not quite. But. Oh boy. They're one Hot Tamale.

I think I'll just keep them in my bed for now.

They've arrived!

They've arrived!

The day has come and santa FedEx delivered. Thank you discount dans golf for your outstanding service, quality, and awesome pricing.

The unboxing :banana:

23835407839_a17e306b0c_c.jpg
23576422813_f95b688444_c.jpg
23575037884_1bd7f4430b_c.jpg

The configuration :blob:
I had been custom fitted last year for my MP-15's at a dedicated club fitter and I basically used the same numbers since I was staying with Mizuno players irons. The only difference between my current MP-15s is the shaft. I decided to go with the standard C-Taper vs. the C-Taper Lite. When I had the lites on the MP-5, it felt too light and didn't feel as nice as the standard C-Taper which added a little more weight. The additional 10g balances well with the club head and provided better feel for my tempo.

23576423453_c4d33858f3_c.jpg

24177149656_a6ed5abbdc_c.jpg

The new Golf Pride - MCC+4 feels terrific and better than last year's New Decade Multi Compound.

23575040234_13b3a3ff1b_c.jpg

These clubs are by far, one of the most beautiful set of irons you can buy. I'm a Mizuno iron player for life and I can't see myself playing anything else. Started with the MP-59, then the MP-15, and now the ultimate MP-5.

24177152146_21ed81eb55_c.jpg
23576427373_09398d371a_c.jpg

Solid unboxing!! The C-Taper are bound to be a very fun fit for that head.

Thanks for sharing sf, I hope you keep us updated on how they perform for you.

Sure is a pretty club. Nice unboxing! Let us know how the journey with these go!

Beautiful!

The day has come and santa FedEx delivered. Thank you discount dans golf for your outstanding service, quality, and awesome pricing.

The unboxing :banana:

23835407839_a17e306b0c_c.jpg
23576422813_f95b688444_c.jpg
23575037884_1bd7f4430b_c.jpg

The configuration :blob:
I had been custom fitted last year for my MP-15's at a dedicated club fitter and I basically used the same numbers since I was staying with Mizuno players irons. The only difference between my current MP-15s is the shaft. I decided to go with the standard C-Taper vs. the C-Taper Lite. When I had the lites on the MP-5, it felt too light and didn't feel as nice as the standard C-Taper which added a little more weight. The additional 10g balances well with the club head and provided better feel for my tempo.

23576423453_c4d33858f3_c.jpg

24177149656_a6ed5abbdc_c.jpg

The new Golf Pride - MCC+4 feels terrific and better than last year's New Decade Multi Compound.

23575040234_13b3a3ff1b_c.jpg

These clubs are by far, one of the most beautiful set of irons you can buy. I'm a Mizuno iron player for life and I can't see myself playing anything else. Started with the MP-59, then the MP-15, and now the ultimate MP-5.

24177152146_21ed81eb55_c.jpg
23576427373_09398d371a_c.jpg

Nice! I have the exact same setup on the way! Should be here Friday! Only thing different is I have xstiff ctapers ssx1 and 2 degrees up!

Post up your thoughts on them after you hit them!

Nice! I have the exact same setup on the way! Should be here Friday! Only thing different is I have xstiff ctapers ssx1 and 2 degrees up!

Post up your thoughts on them after you hit them!
Welcome to the Club. Mizuno lovers anonymous.

Got the call. They are in ahead of schedule!

Got the call. They are in ahead of schedule!
These puppies must be selling like hot cakes. Just based off of the looks. I never seen some many middle-aged men drooling.

Plus the feedback and feel are incredible. If you got to game you're going to be bagging MP5'S. Hell, even if you lack the game.

Handicap not included.

Got them. These things are amazing looking! Hit them in the simulator. Sooooo good with the ctaper 130x!

like them so much I ordered a set of 50-54-60 mp-t5 black ion wedges with the same shafts. Can't wait!

Got them. These things are amazing looking! Hit them in the simulator. Sooooo good with the ctaper 130x!

like them so much I ordered a set of 50-54-60 mp-t5 black ion wedges with the same shafts. Can't wait!

Congrats. I haven't hit mines yet due to the rain, but will try the range tonight. How far do you hit your 7-iron? C-Tapers are pretty stiff from its torque numbers already, so hitting a 130g X flex is quite beefy. I hit my 7-iron about 158-160 carry distance during the fitting, which is what I usually hit my 7 around. I try to follow the rule of swinging the lightest club you can control.

these are pretty sharp. Classy looking. plus the NDMC grips are awesome. Will be checking this one out on the homepage.

Back