The best shot of the round

2nd hole at ACCC and I pull my tee shot into rough off to the left. Had about 210 yards to the green, a little blind shot, bunkers everywhere. Hit my 3h to 5 feet.

Gap wedge from 105 after a botched heavenwood...to 2 feet tap in par

Chip in birdie from 20-30 yards

crap pulled drive left me 175 yds out. LIe was on side hill in the rough. Pure 5i never left flag to 5 ft for bird.

On 18 all square in my match today, I was 150 out on the right side of the fairway. This hole is a slight dog leg right and has a big Oak tree down the right side about 70 yards from the green, the limbs hang out in the fairway and were directly in my path to the flag. I would normally hit an 8i, but I was going to have to hit a cut so I went 7i. I should have stuck with an 8i because I ended up with a 25' downhill putt past the flag, but I executed the shot just how I wanted. The ball started out left, cut right, and headed straight at the flag. I 2-putted and he made bogey and I took the match.

On 18 all square in my match today, I was 150 out on the right side of the fairway. This hole is a slight dog leg right and has a big Oak tree down the right side about 70 yards from the green, the limbs hang out in the fairway and were directly in my path to the flag. I would normally hit an 8i, but I was going to have to hit a cut so I went 7i. I should have stuck with an 8i because I ended up with a 25' downhill putt past the flag, but I executed the shot just how I wanted. The ball started out left, cut right, and headed straight at the flag. I 2-putted and he made bogey and I took the match.

Clutch shot under pressure dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch shot under pressure dude.

Thanks man, it felt pretty good to pull it off in that spot.

175 yard par 3, a little left to right breeze.uploadfromtaptalk1450130265840.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I hit a 9 iron from 156 to a back right pin yesterday that finished 7" from the hole. Hadn't seen that draw in a few rounds. Nice to hit to the picture in my head.

In my 5 club tournament Saturday had to play some shots I normally don't play, and led to my best shot in a long time:

118yd par 3, choked all the way up and hit a half 8 iron. Hit it crisp and it landed 3" right of the cup, ended up 10" past. Got me a KP (worth 6 Pro V1s) and some skins.

205y par 3. Hit my 20 degree hybrid and left it short of the green. Had a simple 15 yard chip to the pin.

I rushed the chip, hit it off the toe and pushed it hard right - didn't even hit the green and still had 15 yards left.

Holed the next chip for a zero-putt par. Go figure.

Big Met #4
Par 3 playing about 170 with wind hurting from the left.
6 hybrid with a little draw just trying to hold it into the wind ended up pin high 3 feet away, easy birdie.

Bladed approach past green - left with 60' pitch off a downhill lie on hardpan (no grass), over bunker, short sided pin, green sloping away, and a worse bunker opposite of the hole just waiting for me to blade it into.

PROBABLY THE HIGHEST DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY SHOT I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED ... at least that I actually pulled off

Grabbed my trusty 64°, played ball off back foot due to downhill lie, swung firm and confidently, completely focused on tempo ... caught it PURE ... popped up beautifully, landed just past the bunker in rough, trickled down for tap in ... my shot of the year due to so many negative factors involved & fact it could have easily gone horrifically bad.

Last edited:
6i, 193 to pin...
e97844fa104696e99d2c8b6ae924f760.jpg

6i for you, 3h for me.

Nice shot!

167 into a stiff 1-1.5 club wind. hit a beautiful drawing 7i to pin high about 15' from the hole and just hit the putt a bit too hard. I played a really good stretch of golf, then everything stopped being easy. managed an 85 with a quad and 2 dubs on a tough track in rotten weather that posts as 9.9 to my cap and pushes me down to trend to 7.8. I certainly didn't feel like a 7.8 as the day dragged on.

The best shot of the round

Missed the green left and had a pitch up over a mound with the green sloping away and a tight pin. Only way to get it close was to pop it up over the mound, land it in the fringe above the hole and hope it released down towards the flag.

I hit my spot on the fringe and ended up with 5 feet back up the hill towards the hole. Made the putt for par.

Last edited:
this past Saturday: 2 shots. both, around the green. a little 8i chip up onto a green that runs uphill away from me. 50' or-so to the pin. rolled it out to within 2' and took the up and down. the next was #16 a long deep green that runs hard left to right. I pulled my approach shot and left it in the rough on the high side. there was a berm between the ball and the pin but the ball was perched up in the grass really nice. I pulled off a baby flopper and set it on top of the berm and let it trickle down. Once on the green it took off but ended up settling less than a foot from the cup. another up and down...saved a bogey with that.

Club Campestre in San Jose Del Cabo, Hole #11.

Hole is playing 170 but is 2 clubs downwind, hit a 9i to here. Made my putt.

Hit driver from a good lie in the rough on a long par 5 and it was a beauty. Long high and straight.

Also had a tall jungle between me and the pin from about 130 so I attempted a shot nobody should. Slammed the face shut and hit the biggest GW snap hook of my life and stuck it to 8 feet. I couldn't believe it.

Drove the 280 yard par 4 17th at the home course (down hill, down wind :D). Lipped out the eagle putt.

Also really happy with a couple of approach shots. One was 125 yards up a big hill & into a stiff breeze. The kicker was I had to go between a couple of pine trees & then over a massive oak tree. Put it pin high about 12 ft left of the hole. The other was 146 out into a big wind & the green was behind some massive pine trees. Hit a really high 7i that cleared the trees & just hung up in the wind & dropped about 20 feet left of the hole.

Par 3 at 158 to the flag. I stepped up to the tee, visualized a high soft cut 6 iron. See the shot, Be the shot. Made a good smooth swing and when the ball got to the top of the flight with the 6 iron it made a turn to the right. Landed on the green, two bounces and rolled to 6 feet of the cup. One put birdie.

When I see the shot and pull it off, I wonder how great it must be to be a tour player and see the shot and be the shot just about every shot. Not just one shot.

Back