Adams Golf For Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are lots of rumors swirling that Adams Golf is for sale. THP will keep you posted on anything related to this story and see what comes out of the rumor mill.

Wow! Any rumors on potential buyers?

Sent from my forged iPad

That is pretty huge, I assume they are hurting financially then.

Crazy to think. I wonder if it's financial (they aren't doing well) or a ownership thing. They seem to be doing well, but I'm just an outsider looking in.

Wow, wonder what the reasons are behind this?

• Admin
That is pretty huge, I assume they are hurting financially then.

Im not sure I would go that far yet. At least not based on strictly numbers.

Ahhhh man. I'm hoping this isn't true. Big soft spot for Adams right now.

Yikes, that's not good. I believe their headquarters are here in Dallas. Hate to hear this, would never have thought this was coming with all the new equipment and players under contract, etc.

They also have the best ladies player in a very long time. Lots of twists to this...

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

thats surprising i think adams golf has made great strides in recent years i hope they aren't hurting financially and its more of a ownership thing.

hmm....form a THP Consortium, purchase Adams, design our own clubs? I got $5 on it.

Press release from Adams Golf, with lots of corporate-speak in it: http://seekingalpha.com/news-articl...es-decision-to-explore-strategic-alternatives

PLANO, Texas, Jan. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Adams Golf, Inc. (ADGO) (Nasdaq:ADGF) ("Adams Golf" or the "Company") today announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously decided to explore and evaluate strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value. The Board of Directors intends to consider the full range of available options. The Company has engaged Morgan Stanley & Co. to assist in the evaluation of these alternatives.

The Company has not made a decision to pursue any specific strategic alternative at this time, and the exploration of strategic alternatives may not result in any specific action or transaction. There is no definitive timetable for the process. The Company does not intend to provide updates or make any further comment regarding the evaluation of strategic alternatives unless a specific action is approved by the Board of Directors or the process is concluded.

"We are pleased to be working with Morgan Stanley on this initiative," stated Chip Brewer, CEO and President of Adams Golf. "They bring strong market insight and a wealth of experience in these matters. As we continue to strengthen the Adams Golf brand, the entire board thinks the current market valuation is inconsistent with the company's performance and future prospects."

That's big news, I sure hope it's a stretch some how. They really seem to be hitting a stride right now.

Wow thats pretty crazy.

Nothing wrong with Adams being for sale...if it finds a good home.

Woah. I wonder who a potential buyer could be?

They are trading at $7. Even less than that before the announcement. My guess is they go to a private equity firm or at least go completely private and off the publicly traded market.

I remember the days when Adams was running informercials for the Tight lies campaign that basically launched the company. They have come a long long way in the game and have some real talent on their staff. Not to mention the opportunities they give to aspiring golfers. $10,000 cash deal for the winner of the Big Break since the shows inception! They have done good things for the game and I hope they are not bailing due to financial reasons

New investors might be just the thing to help

Wow, that's big news!

I hope this doesn't mean that they go under or get absorbed into some bigger company and lose their special touch.

I really like my Adams clubs - they suit me pretty well and their hybrids are a real treat.

Ken

They are trading at $7. Even less than that before the announcement. My guess is they go to a private equity firm or at least go completely private and off the publicly traded market.

I agree with this 100%. 55 Million dollar market cap makes them easy a prime take out candidate.

I agree with this 100%. 55 Million dollar market cap makes them easy a prime take out candidate.

Im with you two.

Well this is certainly a shock. Although I can't name a pro on the PGA tour that is sponsored by Adams that does well on a weekly basis the last person I can think of was Ryan Moore? I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back