What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked 18 today and shot 40/40 for an 80, bogeyed the 1st 3 holes and played the last 3 in 4 over, the middle 12 were pretty good. 2 more bogeys and a bird on those 12 holes. I haven't been walking and/or exercizing as I should and I was pretty winded there at the end. I guess the temp was in the high 40's to low 50's so the ball did not carry as long as usual.

Not bad at all! Glad to see you walking, it can make the last holes lots tougher though. I walked 18 yesterday, though I didn't play good (83), I was pleased to finish with three pars on three pretty tough holes. Quiet a few of the greens were frozen as the temperature went from 28 to 34 as we played.

Today I tried to sandwich 9 between two dental appointments and that didn't work too well, still frozen greens but that should change, it got into the 40s this afternoon.

Yep, You definitely fit the Tower of Power mode :D! Being above 6 ft makes you sway like a Georgia Pine in a Florida Hurricane :bulgy-eyes:

That certainly describes all three of us. We would probably be a weak team in a scramble during high winds, no one would have any confidence with the flat stick :D

Shoot, we would be alright, just find a fourth with their rear end built closer to the ground to make the putts.

Congrats on the PB Wake...I need to step it up to shoot an 80.

Shot an 88 myself yesterday....had 3 birdies, and only one par. On the 17th hole of the day. Thought I was going to go par-less on the day....:D

Saw parts of the course even I didn't know existed.

Shot an 88 myself yesterday....had 3 birdies, and only one par. On the 17th hole of the day. Thought I was going to go par-less on the day....:D

Thats always fun! Nice round.

Thats always fun! Nice round.

Thanks man...just wish I had any idea of where the ball was going BEFORE I hit it...:D Still, fun to be out in January up here.

That is impressive, I don't often get that many in a single round. WTG Dm.

That is impressive, I don't often get that many in a single round. WTG Dm.

Thanks man...I usually don't either, but made some monster putts to keep the no par streak going. :D

Shot an 84 today 33 putts, 9/14 fairways and only 6 GIRs, had a couple I could only punch out without advancing to the hole. 2 strokes sideways really hurt especially when you have already hit the trees and lost distance. Beautiful day to be out there so the score did not upset me at all.

The short knocker in our group suggested we "Play it Forward" and hit from the white tees today since Winter weather is upon us (it was chilly this morning, but about 50* by the time we teed off) I haven't hit a decent drive in 2 weeks, so I quickly seconded the motion. Boy was that a good idea for me....I had hoped that taking the pressure off my tee shots would help me relax and hit some good drives, but instead I was hitting heel bananas all over the course.

Fortunately, I didn't have any power on the ball, and I was able to keep it in play. Thanks to the shorter tees, I actually shot a +3, 74, which is my lowest score in almost 10 years.

Nice shooting Rusty.

Shot 41 Tuesday, 47 yesterday (started triple/double), and then a 40 today. I was fighting to break 100 at the end of summer and never have broke 80. Today I started par/bird/bogey to be even after 3 holes. Can't remember ever being even after 3. The lessons and practice are definitely paying off other than the bad start wednesday.

Hopefully by May I can contribute to the total domination by team Nelson.

17 over front
1 under back
now that is an insane diff in 9's lol
nothing worked on the front at all. im talking 4 putts from 3ft. double chips. horrendous bounces etc etc
the back felt like i couldnt do anything wrong except putt. 1 bogey 2 birdies and a ton of pars
heck my drive on 10 got me inside 100yrds flying the fw trap that i never get past and it was pretty cold today

Shot another personal best today. I shot a 38/42 for an 80 at my home course, previous best was an 82 a couple weeks ago.

The stats are surprising, I only hit 4 fairways and 3 greens on the day. The fairways are very misleading, I kept missing fairways by 2 or 3 years, leaving myself with nice shots at the green, especially since the rough isn't all that thick right now. Overall My driver worked really really well for me today. I was consistently putting them 270-280 yards straight down the hole, and when you can do that it makes everything else much easier. I really focused on slowing down my iron swing today, and it led to better consistency. Unfortunately I also lost a full club in distance. This led to hitting alot of shots just short of the green, which explains the few greens. I ended up chipping and putting from 5-10 feet off the green quite a few times. I had my lowest putting round, I only had 28 putts. I putted well, but a big part of that stat is all the greens that were barely missed.

I really thought I was going to break 80, but I was +4 on the last 4 holes... ugh. Overall still a great round for me.

Congrats Wake, I have shot 80 but never broken into the 70's. Keep up the great rounds!

The short knocker in our group suggested we "Play it Forward" and hit from the white tees today since Winter weather is upon us (it was chilly this morning, but about 50* by the time we teed off) I haven't hit a decent drive in 2 weeks, so I quickly seconded the motion. Boy was that a good idea for me....I had hoped that taking the pressure off my tee shots would help me relax and hit some good drives, but instead I was hitting heel bananas all over the course.

Fortunately, I didn't have any power on the ball, and I was able to keep it in play. Thanks to the shorter tees, I actually shot a +3, 74, which is my lowest score in almost 10 years.

Great round Rusty, 10 years!

Shot 41 Tuesday, 47 yesterday (started triple/double), and then a 40 today. I was fighting to break 100 at the end of summer and never have broke 80. Today I started par/bird/bogey to be even after 3 holes. Can't remember ever being even after 3. The lessons and practice are definitely paying off other than the bad start wednesday.

Hopefully by May I can contribute to the total domination by team Nelson.

Keep up the hard work MHG, it does pay off.

17 over front
1 under back
nothing worked on the front at all. im talking 4 putts from 3ft. double chips. horrendous bounces etc etc
the back felt like i couldnt do anything wrong except putt. 1 bogey 2 birdies and a ton of pars
heck my drive on 10 got me inside 100yrds flying the fw trap that i never get past and it was pretty cold today

Your 9's sound like mine. Wish I could put 2 together.

I played 36 holes at Hawks Landing today. Had a terrible first round, shot a 91. Second round went much better, ended up with an 83.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Wow some great rounds being shot in here. congrats guys!

I played 36 holes at Hawks Landing today. Had a terrible first round, shot a 91. Second round went much better, ended up with an 83.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Wow, that's a lot of golf, lol. Nice second round.

Today was flat out beautiful. Mid 60's on Jan 5th in Nebraska?? I'll take it! To be honest I played very well all in all except for putting again. I've really been working on grip and stance changes and I think it's screwing up my feel for speed. I had a number of 3 putts today which is just a rarity. However, the star of the show was my old R9/Miazaki. I was missing fw's but just by a few feet, so on hole 14 I switched settings to one notch right of N and was just killing the ball down the middle. Ran through the fw on a few holes. Fun day to play today.

A few tweaks and I think I could have went really low. Putting alone cost me 5 strokes today easily.

GS01-04-12.png

Shot an 84 today 33 putts, 9/14 fairways and only 6 GIRs, had a couple I could only punch out without advancing to the hole. 2 strokes sideways really hurt especially when you have already hit the trees and lost distance. Beautiful day to be out there so the score did not upset me at all.
Sounds a bit like one of my typical rounds....checking out the scenery while everyone else is playing golf...:D

Today was a good start to the year. I was one under through 7, then #8 tee shot was bombed. So good I was through the fairway. Not I problem. Green is 185 away on this par 5. I just have to get around this one little tree with a little cut, and I am on in two. Of coarse I nail the tree square and jump out ofthe way. Hit that tree perfectly square. Now I am 235 yards from the green, yes I went striaght back, so I go for the high three wood over the bigger trees in front of me. And would you believe I cacth the top of the last big a#% oak tree. No idea where my ball has gone now. Looked for a very short frustrating time and head toward my parners ball. Find mine ball sitting at the 150 marker now. CHUNK my fourth shot. Chip onto the front and roll off the back. Chip up short of the pin and roll the shot 12feet past the pin. 2 putt for my triple. Played bogie golf until we get backed up on 13. Slowed down here, so I grab a snack on the Tee. After that I was par or birdie until 18. Trying to finish at twi light and just need a bogie for a round in the 70s. End up pushing my drive to the right behind some tress. Went for the impossile punch shot to get into good position to save par. Didn't work out to great. Had a clear shot, but back threee clubs more than I wanted. Came up a couple of yards short of the green, Good chip up, but missed my 5 footer for bogie. Boy did we have a good time though. I hate, no love, no, I love this game. Shot 80, but was very happy to be playing 18 holes in January after work.

Congrats, wakerider. PB's are always fun!

Went and worked on my game today. I hit 100 golf balls from 30-100 yards. Working on controlling ball flight and distance. Started really clicking the club well about half way through. Saw a friend drive in and decided to play a few holes. Shot 2 over with one birdie and a double. I really didn't hit my irons where I wanted to today. Everything seemed to stay out to the left for me (left handed). But my score was very manageable. Overall a good afternoon/evening.

17 over front
1 under back

Wow that's a huge difference...

17 over front
1 under back
Sounds like you took lessons from me...:D

Congrats, wakerider. PB's are always fun!

Wow, that's a lot of golf, lol. Nice second round.

Thanks guys, The 2nd round could have been really good if I could have gotten the ball to hold a green. The greens were hard and fast. It was frustrating laying shots on the front of the green and watching them run off the back. I obviously need to work on getting more spin with my wedges. My flight path does most of the work normally, not on greens like that.

And it must be nice to shoot a good score in January in Nebraska, not something you expect to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back