Adams Golf For Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never see their hybrids in bags?
They dominate the marketshare in that arena.

Strangely enough no, JB, I haven't and I don't know why. I see a lot of TM, Ping, and whatever random set brands people may have, but I haven't seen too many Adams hybrids. I don't even really see that many of the woods I was talking about earlier, but those are probably still the most prevalent clubs I see from Adams in bags over here.

Kindle Fire it up with Tapatalk

Don't they own Yes Putters too?

Adams will soon be available at the Sports Authority's, Walmarts, ect.:bye: They'll be made into the new Dunlop.

I think they are a vastly underrated company when it comes to technology and innovation. I spent the bulk of the last two years finding success with their irons, yet even I am more likely to grab a fairway wood or driver from another company first. Look at the number of posts in the RBZ thread compared to the Fast12 thread. That tells you all you need to know about the importance of marketing and consumer perception.

+1

Marketing is so crucial these days. The hype that a 60 second video of DJ hitting the RBZ 3W created speaks for itself.

I am not saying that TM stole anything, but Adams had the slot but how many average consumers really paid attention to it? Simply said, they make great clubs but that is not translating to the sales needed to avoid things such as this topic.

Anyone who watches golf knows that Adams dominates on the Senior Tour and that they have arguably the best golfer in the world in their stable. Yet they probably struggle to move enough product to compete with some of the previously mentioned competition. This tells me a couple of things:

1. Women and "seniors" don't replace their equipment as often. It's probably a demographic that quite frankly aren't "gear heads"

2. They have got to figure out a way to be cooler. They're going to need to land a few young guns in their stable. I have no problem with Adams but icant remember the last time I hit any of their products. Is that fair to them? Probably not.

That being said, I can't remember the last time THP reviewed a driver or a fairway wood from Adams. They could have the best driver on the market but I don't know about it, or don't know enough about it. When's the last time anyone at a THP Outing got to spend time with a variety of Adams products at demo day?

My point is, the way people get their information right now is evolving. We conduct more and more of our research online than we do in print publications. In my opinion, the new regime at Adams needs to attack on a digital front. Be more present and active.

The Rocketballz line is a great example. TM releases a video of DJ whacking balls with it and where's the first place the videos show up? On golf forums! TM dominates the digital subculture and that's why they have the best blueprint.

Anyway, I hope this change is a good one for Adams. My advice to them though, a guy like Kenny Perry doesn't make me want your product, lol

Good post, TC. I agree that they need a star and I don't think Ryan Moore is it.

They have great products out that fit a wide group of golfers. This should just be a means to protect themselves against takeover or to align themselves with another company that isn't a direct competitor (like Puma/Cobra).

haha for some reason I think it would be a hoot if they merged with Puma/Cobra. You would have the young generation covered and then the middle and older generation covered. Great business sense but I doubt it will happen.

Anyone who watches golf knows that Adams dominates on the Senior Tour and that they have arguably the best golfer in the world in their stable. Yet they probably struggle to move enough product to compete with some of the previously mentioned competition. This tells me a couple of things:

1. Women and "seniors" don't replace their equipment as often. It's probably a demographic that quite frankly aren't "gear heads"

2. They have got to figure out a way to be cooler. They're going to need to land a few young guns in their stable. I have no problem with Adams but icant remember the last time I hit any of their products. Is that fair to them? Probably not.

That being said, I can't remember the last time THP reviewed a driver or a fairway wood from Adams. They could have the best driver on the market but I don't know about it, or don't know enough about it. When's the last time anyone at a THP Outing got to spend time with a variety of Adams products at demo day?

My point is, the way people get their information right now is evolving. We conduct more and more of our research online than we do in print publications. In my opinion, the new regime at Adams needs to attack on a digital front. Be more present and active.

The Rocketballz line is a great example. TM releases a video of DJ whacking balls with it and where's the first place the videos show up? On golf forums! TM dominates the digital subculture and that's why they have the best blueprint.

Anyway, I hope this change is a good one for Adams. My advice to them though, a guy like Kenny Perry doesn't make me want your product, lol

The Fast 11 driver was reviewed by THP. It got a very good review as well. I know that I lived in the Adams demo day thread, just to read the reviews of the F11 3wood.

Of course, that may be just because I am a silly cheese farter.

l

This morning? Kidding of course, but there was just pictures put up of their latest fairway wood with a review coming. Not to mention forum testing with hybrids and irons.

Ironically enough, there have always been quite a bit of Adams gear at demo day from wedges, to irons to drivers and hybrids.

So Adams sends all of their woods to THP to review?

I can't speak to that. But I thought that THP had received a Speedline 9088UL for review. I never did see the write up.

Not all, but what they feel is the clubs they want represented to THP. Quite a bit actually. As mentioned above (edited), they have been at every demo day and just did a forum testing too.

It's interesting too, because if you look at the a120S feedback and the thoughts of those that have the Redline irons, you'll see some overwhelmingly positive thoughts. JB also said that the F12 fairways seemed about the same distance-wise as the RBZ.

Almost makes me think of the perception issues Callaway has/had, but to a larger degree.

It's interesting too, because if you look at the a120S feedback and the thoughts of those that have the Redline irons, you'll see some overwhelmingly positive thoughts. JB also said that the F12 fairways seemed about the same distance-wise as the RBZ.

Almost makes me think of the perception issues Callaway has/had, but to a larger degree.

Agreed here and I had it too. Prior to the A12os/Redlines I liked Adams clubs, but wasn't really into them. I thought they just looked old and I didn't see what the big fuss was about. I tried some of their hybrids and thought they were good but it just didn't click. Until I brought some on the course! I also think the A12os, look much different than the previous OS line.

The new F12's (FW and Driver) are imo, some of the best looking on the market. Granted looks don't equal performance but you need something to make your product not only stand out through marketing, but even at it's very basic... in the store! This is also something I thought was lacking from them for awhile. Sure they had some great forged/muscleback irons but I would looked at their GI/SGI stuff and think, that's not pleasing to my eye. Shallow yup, maybe a bit on the uninformed side.. but it's truly marketing at its most basic. You could have all the kick @ss ads you want, but if the product design isn't appealing, it won't work.

Adams marketing boggles me my mind though. In one commercial they can trot out Jamie Sadlowsky, Tom Watson, Ryan, Moore, Aaron Baddeley, and Yani Tseng.

That's the longest driver in the world, one of the greatest players ever, hey hippster, an all around great guy, and the single best golfer in the world. And yet, they can't get a market share.

But they do get marketshare. Im not sure where you are coming from about them not having any. They dominate the marketshare in one category and have moved up quite a bit in others.

Adams marketing boggles me my mind though. In one commercial they can trot out Jamie Sadlowsky, Tom Watson, Ryan, Moore, Aaron Baddeley, and Yani Tseng.

That's the longest driver in the world, one of the greatest players ever, hey hippster, an all around great guy, and the single best golfer in the world. And yet, they can't get a market share.

Along with that, how many outside of true golf fans are going to know a lot of these players? I think they could do a lot with a guy like Jamie, because the general population who golfs is obsessed with distance. That's a untapped potential imo.

But they do get marketshare. Im not sure where you are coming from about them not having any. They dominate the marketshare in one category and have moved up quite a bit in others.

Is this directed at me? Just so I can respond correctly. They have huge marketshares in seniors and ladies, I would guess. I don't understand how they don't have more of recognition among male golfers below 35. I love their equipment, obviously. I feel like they have something to fit every golfer, but not enough people will even give them a shot. It's a shame and I hope that trend changes.

Is this directed at me? Just so I can respond correctly. They have huge marketshares in seniors and ladies, I would guess. I don't understand how they don't have more of recognition among male golfers below 35. I love their equipment, obviously. I feel like they have something to fit every golfer, but not enough people will even give them a shot. It's a shame and I hope that trend changes.

They absolutely dominate the hybrid marketshare and have been #1 for years now. THey have also moved up the driver marketshare each of the last 3 years.
What company doesn't have something to fit every golfer?

They absolutely dominate the hybrid marketshare and have been #1 for years now. THey have also moved up the driver marketshare each of the last 3 years.

I didn't know that about the driver share, thank you for sharing that. It makes me happy.

What company doesn't have something to fit every golfer?

From an equipment side, the biggest name I can think of is Titleist, they really don't have an SGI like or a mid-high handicapper hybrid. Also Bridgestone isn't really targeting the 18+ handi market.

I can't remember the last time I hit an Adams product.

I'm not trying to say that THP and Adams doesn't have a relationship. I know that the F11 3wood and driver were at demo day, along with the Redlines. I know that we had a12OS seeding, but that's pretty much been it. They have a far more extensive catalog than that.

I also said that I believe they do make good products and that it's quality but I don't seek it out. I guess they lack buzz for me. I don't know why.

I've always liked Adams stuff. My 2nd real set of irons was an Adams set and I gave Jenn an Adams set for her first set of irons. I think they make top of line equipment.

There is definitely a stigma that Adams golf is more for the senior golfer. They made a good move getting Aaron Baddely a few years ago when he looked like he was going to be a up and coming guy, but that just hasn't worked out. You know they had a similar video last year for the Fairway Wood where Tom Watson and Ryan Moore were talking about the extra yardage they were getting from the slot technology. But those names don't resonate with the younger generation(outside of THP).

I know the stuff they have sent to demo days have been well liked. The iron testing that just completed was very well done and I think well received. Not to mention back in the old "shootout" days the A7 hybrid was near the top of the list for the hybrid shootout.

great post TC and spot on with Adams falling nehind the digital front

I also said that I believe they do make good products and that it's quality but I don't seek it out. I guess they lack buzz for me. I don't know why.

You must read the Hot List.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back