Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

lol, it's always the shaft! Nothing wrong with truly enjoying the "tour" experience buddy. I guess I'm use to not having certain options so I don't stress over it as much I guess.

Hahahaha.. Blamed my uniflex for everything wrong in the world. But honestly, being too worried about WITB can definitely hurt the prep for this. If your mind can't get off, "I might lose 10 yards with a new shaft", then it's going to be really hard keeping it clear hitting an approach over water.

TC: You are a toe up person correct? I wonder if this style is one of the reasons you struggle with a milled anser. I putted toe up till a local pro had me flair my left arm a little bit away from my body and put the grip in the creases of my hand to sole the putter in the middle instead of the heel. Instant putting improvement for me and I started hitting the ball in the same spot more frequently.

You are worlds better than me in golf and I hope this post was not presumptuous on my part. I am usually on line, but speed is my biggest issue. I try to be a little like Stricker with a more vertical shaft.

TC: You are a toe up person correct? I wonder if this style is one of the reasons you struggle with a milled anser. I putted toe up till a local pro had me flair my left arm a little bit away from my body and put the grip in the creases of my hand to sole the putter in the middle instead of the heel. Instant putting improvement for me and I started hitting the ball in the same spot more frequently.

You are worlds better than me in golf and I hope this post was not presumptuous on my part. I am usually on line, but speed is my biggest issue. I try to be a little like Stricker with a more vertical shaft.

I use to be a toe up guy with the anser style putters until I exchanged tons of emails with Ted from Seemore, and working with JB on the putting green while down if Florida for Hanks' putter round up. I am very conscious about completely having the putter sole'd at this point and a lot of that has to do with not getting too close to the ball.

My MC prep has led me down the path of having to find out what type of grass is used on the greens in both True Blue and Caledonia so i could practice on similar greens. I emailed True blue and here is what they sent me back;

Hello David,

Hope all is well. Congratulations on your selection to the Morgan Cup Team.
Both of our golf courses feature Bermuda Grass Hybrids.

True Blue is Tif Eagle Dwarf Bermuda

Caledonia is Champions Ultra Dwarf Bermuda

Green Speeds in summertime typically stimp around 8-9 feet.

Perhaps courses with fescue greens would give you similar results?

Good Luck and have safe travels this summer!

Cheers,

Bob

Bob Seganti, PGA
True Blue Golf Plantation-Caledonia Golf Vacations
Director of Golf

Unfortunately no courses here in Ireland have bermuda grass as I have learned today it will only grow in warm weather condition and that ain't here :confused2:

I don't know why, but I found this post ^^^^^^^ farking hilarious.

Kelly, don't sweat it dude. We'll spend some time together on the putting green and I'll give you the DL on it.

That was koo DHJ! I too am working on my putting. My birdie ball is much better now that it has actual cups. So, I will be putting for a while tonight and hopefully I will get my first round in with Betti tomorrow for some practice on actual greens. It's gonna be 48 and sunny with 20% chance of rain, which means 80% chance that it won't. I'm anxious to get back out. it's been a month next week since I've played or even swung my driver.

I use to be a toe up guy with the anser style putters until I exchanged tons of emails with Ted from Seemore, and working with JB on the putting green while down if Florida for Hanks' putter round up. I am very conscious about completely having the putter sole'd at this point and a lot of that has to do with not getting too close to the ball.

So you say haha. I must not have paid attention at all the last time we played.

I wonder if it is just hard for an insert guy to go with milled. I know GMac keeps rolling an insert after trying the NC line. With putters, that mental aspect can be huge.

I know what you are saying about getting too close. My miss with the putter is off the heel.

So you say haha. I must not have paid attention at all the last time we played.

I wonder if it is just hard for an insert guy to go with milled. I know GMac keeps rolling an insert after trying the NC line. With putters, that mental aspect can be huge.

I know what you are saying about getting too close. My miss with the putter is off the heel.

I've always had an insert dude, so maybe that's it. I love that it's a challenge for me right now. It gives me something to really focus on.

My MC prep has led me down the path of having to find out what type of grass is used on the greens in both True Blue and Caledonia so i could practice on similar greens. I emailed True blue and here is what they sent me back;

Hello David,

Hope all is well. Congratulations on your selection to the Morgan Cup Team.
Both of our golf courses feature Bermuda Grass Hybrids.

True Blue is Tif Eagle Dwarf Bermuda

Caledonia is Champions Ultra Dwarf Bermuda

Green Speeds in summertime typically stimp around 8-9 feet.

Perhaps courses with fescue greens would give you similar results?

Good Luck and have safe travels this summer!

Cheers,

Bob

Bob Seganti, PGA
True Blue Golf Plantation-Caledonia Golf Vacations
Director of Golf

Unfortunately no courses here in Ireland have bermuda grass as I have learned today it will only grow in warm weather condition and that ain't here :confused2:

What TC said. He knows very well how to play on different grasses. I would be hounding him on practice day for pointers. I know I will be talking the greens over with him as well.

I think well kept bermuda that is not too grainy will not give you much trouble. It may be a bit slow at 8 or 9, but it isn't anything to worry about once you can see if you are putting up or down grain.

I've always had an insert dude, so maybe that's it. I love that it's a challenge for me right now. It gives me something to really focus on.

I bet that makes putting and practicing for the MC just that much better. What if you get hooked on milled putters?

I bet that makes putting and practicing for the MC just that much better. What if you get hooked on milled putters?

LOL, I'm not a putter ho like some of you guys man. Putters don't float my boat like 3woods do.

I don't know why, but I found this post ^^^^^^^ farking hilarious.

Kelly, don't sweat it dude. We'll spend some time together on the putting green and I'll give you the DL on it.

Thanks dude, i'd appreciate that.

LOL, I'm not a putter ho like some of you guys man. Putters don't float my boat like 3woods do.

haha. Your quest to find that perfect 3 wood. I can understand that. I wonder if they could get a face balanced putter in your hands? That is what you seem to roll the best yeah?

All I want to do is putt now. Good thing it's winter in S.D. and I have tons of time for that. I think I'm going to definitely put the clubs away until it gets for real nice out now, I think after today our weather is supposed to change for a while anyway. I have a new putter setup to get used to, it definitely feels a little different having it all tuned in.

Just got done with a 4 mile run. I feel great!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Just got done with a 4 mile run. I feel great!

Pretty sure that would kill me

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Just like P4B I have had a hard time putting the putter down today. I feel locked in at this point. With that in good shape I watched Mickelson's secret of the short game today. His putting advice is garbage if you ask me but I will give his hinge and hold method a shot as I start to do some work on my chipping.

Just got done an hour of yoga and an hour of core boot camp. I already feel my body plotting against me....in 48 hours time it will make it difficult for me to get out of bed and to not walk around stiff I just keep telling myself that I'm going to pick up 5yds more distance after everything is said and done

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Just got done an hour of yoga and an hour of core boot camp. I already feel my body plotting against me....in 48 hours time it will make it difficult for me to get out of bed and to not walk around stiff I just keep telling myself that I'm going to pick up 5yds more distance after everything is said and done

That sounds harsh. The core boot camp seems like it would kill.

That sounds harsh. The core boot camp seems like it would kill.

Dude there were times I couldn't finish the sets. My abs were on fire and I had trouble breathing. The instructor? That mofo was barely sweating. I hate that guy

Worked on 14' putts for about 1 hour last night. Then I jumped around from different distances for about an hour also. Gonna keep plugging away.

Lesson tonight. I rested yesterday since I was a little sore. Hoping that he is happy with the work I did over the last week.

Lesson tonight. I rested yesterday since I was a little sore. Hoping that he is happy with the work I did over the last week.
That's awesome buddy, you're coach should be thrilled with the dedication you have. Keep up the great work.

DawgDaddy just sent me a iPing putter cradle to use with my iPhone to get ready for the MC! How cool is that? DawgDaddy rules!

Back