2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

I sure am excited about the end of this month. I think once the PGA Show's over, the OEM's will be updating their websites. I can't wait to do some hardcore looking at the Mashie 3wood. I've been trying to think of some cons about it and I can't.

I had some time today and drove by the local Golf Galaxy. It's so depressing in there right now. All this new equipment I know is coming and they have none of it.

I sure am excited about the end of this month. I think once the PGA Show's over, the OEM's will be updating their websites. I can't wait to do some hardcore looking at the Mashie 3wood. I've been trying to think of some cons about it and I can't.

I had some time today and drove by the local Golf Galaxy. It's so depressing in there right now. All this new equipment I know is coming and they have none of it.

It's like waiting for Christmas, I swear.

The industry rocks post Show. It's like equipment overload. So many companies keep things on the DL before the show.

Man, I'm the same way. You know how much I like that FL, but I've already pretty much put the Mashie fwy ahead of it for my MC bag. It's such a simple idea that I'm amazed it hasn't come up before - more control and versatility. Makes a ton of sense for amateurs.

I've looked for info on the shaft and it's not out there on the Miyazaki site. JB - when you have a minute can you let us know the flex code?

Man, I'm the same way. You know how much I like that FL, but I've already pretty much put the Mashie fwy ahead of it for my MC bag. It's such a simple idea that I'm amazed it hasn't come up before - more control and versatility. Makes a ton of sense for amateurs.

I've looked for info on the shaft and it's not out there on the Miyazaki site. JB - when you have a minute can you let us know the flex code?

They better be stocking some lefty equipment with the new releases, or I am gonna go freaking crazy.

I won't expect it to be as long, but according to JB, it's not far behind the FL. I bet it's twice as accurate though.

They better be stocking some lefty equipment with the new releases, or I am gonna go freaking crazy.

The fairway is available in 15.5° and 18°.

I won't expect it to be as long, but according to JB, it's not far behind the FL. I bet it's twice as accurate though.

Same here, but I'm not sure I care that much. Especially at a course like Caledonia and some of the tighter ones around here.

The fairway is available in 15.5° and 18°.

But will they be out and available at the stores before we have to order so I can get on a monitor and try them out? That is the real question.

Last lesson I walked around the whole store in about 5 minutes. Record timing. Spent more time looking at clearance winter and summer clothes from last year.

Who knows dude. Our golf stores blow. Hopefully they do for you.

I'm not really sure what I typed in my last post, but basically I'm willing to give up some yards for a very accurate and versatile fairway wood.

Who knows dude. Our golf stores blow. Hopefully they do for you.

I'm not really sure what I typed in my last post, but basically I'm willing to give up some yards for a very accurate and versatile fairway wood.

I have no idea what you typed either but I know Im on board for more FW's and versatility. My last couple rounds have been very good with the Mashie M3 and have had me excited about the Mashie 3W.

I have no idea what you typed either but I know Im on board for more FW's and versatility. My last couple rounds have been very good with the Mashie M3 and have had me excited about the Mashie 3W.

I think you'll get that from this. Very easy to hit from all sorts of lies

I think I want the 7wood.

I think this will be the FL re-placer for me, I'm super excited to get to try it eventually and see.

I think this club could be a good fit for you OEM.

Hawk - I like the idea of a 7 wood with this

Sight unseen. That is how I OEM a club like this.

I can say that the Mashie 3W will be in my bag. How can you not love the Mashie especially if you have hit there hybrids.

I sure am excited about the end of this month. I think once the PGA Show's over, the OEM's will be updating their websites.

I sure hope you are right TC, certainly makes the most sense.
I'm in the process of seeking out a new 3w and love the principles behind the Mashie. My local Roger Dunn is pretty good about getting the new stuff in and I hope in about a month I can have a full go with the Mashie at the top of the hopeful list.

How does the new Mashie 3w compare to the original 2011 Mashie M1 (15.5°) in terms of distance and forgiveness?

How does the new Mashie 3w compare to the original 2011 Mashie M1 (15.5°) in terms of distance and forgiveness?

From the limited time I spent with it, I thought it was a little longer than I remember and more forgiving. I used the M1 for about a month last season

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think that, in general, the Mashie Fairway Woods have more distance and forgiveness than their Mashie Hybrid counterpart? I ask because I'm thinking about 4 possible Mashie setups and I'm wondering what I should go with.

Option 1: F3+, F5, M4

Option 2: F3+, M2, M4

Option 3: F3+, M3

Option 4: F3+, F7

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think that, in general, the Mashie Fairway Woods have more distance and forgiveness than their Mashie Hybrid counterpart? I ask because I'm thinking about 4 possible Mashie setups and I'm wondering what I should go with.

I'd refer that to JB, he has spent much more time with Mashie FW than I have

There is really no way to tell definitively without seeing someone swing a golf club. More mass CAN equal more forgiveness, however lower lofts can equal less.

There is really no way to tell definitively without seeing someone swing a golf club. More mass CAN equal more forgiveness, however lower lofts can equal less.

True. How about your personal experience with the Mashie FW, JB? Did you find it to be more forgiving and/or longer than the comparable Mashie Hybrid?

Back