Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to put my Big Boy down yesterday.

This was my 6th dog since childhood, and aside from my first doggie's passing (I was still a kid back then), this one hurts the most.

He was awesome.
1bf184ddb942ada780a76ee6af8a9c23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh sh!t man sorry to hear that! It's never ever an easy time. Beautiful dog

This never gets old.
2b41c8054e9f42657e81aa914e85857b.jpg

This was my 6th dog since childhood, and aside from my first doggie's passing (I was still a kid back then), this one hurts the most.

He was awesome.

Sorry to hear buddy. Just know he knows you gave him a great life.

He was awesome.

So sorry

My avatar shows the craziness between our dog and our 20 year old cat, yes I said 20!!! Anyways when I say they're buddies I mean it and I couldn't make this up lol are you kidding me?? Sleeping on that old ass lady cat, I couldn't stop laughing.

2b074e5aa1c007b0260bc2010599a17c.jpg

56b60a07c34a5d287f932761554df537.jpg

Mine are picky with the dry food, not so much with the canned.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I tried to save $4 by buying "not her brand" of cat food. Had to donate it to humane society. You would have thought that I was trying to poison her. Couldn't even mix it and get her to eat it
When I first got Beckett, I tried to change the type of litter he used. The message in the middle of my bed the next day let me know that I made the wrong decision. Haven't tried to change it since.

He was awesome.

So sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Here are my pups! I posted Zoey (yellow lab) when we first rescued her, she's getting huge! Pete is a Cavalier King Charles and he doesn't really always appreciate Zoey's energy at all times!

072eb592f7347545ce88ea268c0f497c.jpg

Sleepy Pup

9455823abdf094f06cd0e7ed0375b84a.jpg

Our new golden doodle maverick. He is already spoiled.

He was awesome.

I'm so sorry, such a hard thing to do. Savor the memories.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This guy is keeping me warm on this chilly morning!

7de1c6de84b4d5cc2a071d38721d75fa.jpg

Meet Oliver the newest member of our family

a4c19afa5d009b30d7ab566c665f8a02.jpg

The two are becoming best friends

6f85207d35e90b1dc359374d7a7a07f6.jpg

Meet Oliver the newest member of our family

a4c19afa5d009b30d7ab566c665f8a02.jpg

The two are becoming best friends

6f85207d35e90b1dc359374d7a7a07f6.jpg

They are very cute. Looks like lots of shananigans are being planned.

I love this thread!

They are very cute. Looks like lots of shananigans are being planned.

You don't know the half of it my friend.

He was awesome.
Sorry to hear.

Walking through the Vanderbilt Estate today. He wouldn't look at me…

28de65553c578fa997b34c997e7fccf6.jpg

Then I caught him mid-head turn.

5be2286b5ab5aadf33fd9e2e8ffbe33b.jpg

Super stoked. Family agreed to do a foster to adopt program. Picking up this little guy tomorrow.

ee41f7d8c44fefdfb4b7a6082bc11095.jpg

Just about one month ago on a Friday night, I walked this little guy (our 4 1/2 year old Maltese) for the last time before bedtime. When we came in, I noticed he was squinting his right eye. I asked Mrs SAM to look, and she saw a spot on his eye. The next morning we checked him closer, and saw mucus sticking to a spot on his eye just above the pupil - and it was clearly bothering him. Mrs. SAM took him to our vet, and learned he had two abrasions on his cornea. She was given an ointment and an e-collar (the lampshade!), and a recheck in a week. After the week, his recheck showed one scratch had healed, but the other had ulcerated. They recommended third-eyelid-flap surgery, in which they suture his third eyelid (one below his lower outer eyelid) to his upper eyelid, to have it serve as a bandage. He came home the third day, and for two weeks he had a regimen of antibiotic eyedrops and a drop of blood serum 4 times a day, and only a 50% chance this might save his eye. Poor little man was so uncomfortable for those 2 weeks with the e-collar and the drops and the sewed-up eye, and moped all the time. We had to hand feed him most of the time. After two weeks, the stitches came out, and WOO-HOO, the ulcer was healing. He would keep his eye! Mrs SAM is still giving him steroid eye-drops twice a day to help reduce and heal the scar, but once the e-collar came off, Finlay became his usual playful self. She did great work giving him the lion's share of his care - we call her Nurse N now.

She also took this picture of him a couple of days ago - if you look at his right eye, you can see a small oblong grey spot just above his pupil - that is what is left of the scar.

Just about one month ago on a Friday night, I walked this little guy (our 4 1/2 year old Maltese) for the last time before bedtime. When we came in, I noticed he was squinting his right eye. I asked Mrs SAM to look, and she saw a spot on his eye. The next morning we checked him closer, and saw mucus sticking to a spot on his eye just above the pupil - and it was clearly bothering him. Mrs. SAM took him to our vet, and learned he had two abrasions on his cornea. She was given an ointment and an e-collar (the lampshade!), and a recheck in a week. After the week, his recheck showed one scratch had healed, but the other had ulcerated. They recommended third-eyelid-flap surgery, in which they suture his third eyelid (one below his lower outer eyelid) to his upper eyelid, to have it serve as a bandage. He came home the third day, and for two weeks he had a regimen of antibiotic eyedrops and a drop of blood serum 4 times a day, and only a 50% chance this might save his eye. Poor little man was so uncomfortable for those 2 weeks with the e-collar and the drops and the sewed-up eye, and moped all the time. We had to hand feed him most of the time. After two weeks, the stitches came out, and WOO-HOO, the ulcer was healing. He would keep his eye! Mrs SAM is still giving him steroid eye-drops twice a day to help reduce and heal the scar, but once the e-collar came off, Finlay became his usual playful self. She did great work giving him the lion's share of his care - we call her Nurse N now.

She also took this picture of him a couple of days ago - if you look at his right eye, you can see a small oblong grey spot just above his pupil - that is what is left of the scar.

So glad the eye is healing up and he is back to his normal self. Poor guy; what an ordeal.

bfb463274f7b5199131a33d802445870.jpg

Super stoked. Family agreed to do a foster to adopt program. Picking up this little guy tomorrow. ]
Fostering would be hard for us. We would have 50 dogs!

Picked up the pup. We're now trying to pick a name. We're at Jax or King. Thoughts?

a8a253427f197f52bdbde2455b902c53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back