I think that your right looking at Tiger's swing holding off with the wrist hinge, this I believe is key getting the timing just right and not blowing your load too soon before impact or after impact. So much to think about with the hips shoulders etc. but i think your on to something with this aid getting the Muscle memory and timing in sync.to get the power without thinking about it after it becomes second nature.

I had another range session today and again was working only on tempo and lag while thinking of the drill using the PAP. I was extremely pleased with the ball striking today with the irons & hybrids. I was able to strike the 3 wood pretty well also, but the driver was only so-so, not terrible but not really good. I feel the drills with the PAP are actually helping already and plan to continue using the PAP through out the winter months. I will post occasionally on my observations as the winter progresses.

DD good to hear that you had a good range session with the pap. From what Buck has written it's going to take a while to get the swing change to be second nature after swinging one way for so long. Good luck with the driver progression hope to hear good things from all the users. Might have to stop pondering and incorporate this training aid into the routine.

Last edited:
GG good to hear that you had a good range session with the pap. From what Buck has written it's going to take a while to get the swing change to be second nature after swinging one way for so long. Good luck with the driver progression hope to hear good things from all the users. Might have to stop pondering and incorporate this training aid into the routine.

If you buy one be sure to search back in the thread and find the ebay link, you can get it for half price that way.

good to hear DD.... glad its working for you too. i really have seen good results with this in the last few lessons at golftec you can see my back swing is so much better and my downswing is starting to take better form.

good to hear DD.... glad its working for you too. i really have seen good results with this in the last few lessons at golftec you can see my back swing is so much better and my downswing is starting to take better form.
What did the pro at GolfTec say about your progress the last time you visited? I am interested if he is pleased with the change.

What did the pro at GolfTec say about your progress the last time you visited? I am interested if he is pleased with the change.

had another lesson today.... we just started my down swing but my back swing when i take my time is really good, when i go full speed ( i swing very fast) i tend to go back to my old swing a little bit. but my instructor said that its obviously helped me get my back swing down thats the biggest improvement for me and now that we cleaned up some things last week (worked on my shoulder turn a little bit and my hinge) and i had a really great lesson today. we worked on my downswing and i used to cast my club very early and now im keeping a good 90* angle down to my right thigh with my club so i can tell using the PAP and holding my hinge on my down swing with it is helping my downswing already. I'll see what videos my instructor made today maybe ill add some video tomorrow. i still need to keep using this even though my lessons will be heading past where i think this may help. because i need to get this down where i don't think as much i have so many thoughts going through my head still but i can tell the muscle memory for my back swing is starting to become natural for me. I usually don't think about anything during my swing so thats for me another reason why the PAP is worth the money IMO.

Good report Bj, I am thinking this is one of those training aids that I will revisit for as long as I am able to play golf, it really helps ingrain the positions and certainly has helped me keep a solid swing most times.

Good report Bj, I am thinking this is one of those training aids that I will revisit for as long as I am able to play golf, it really helps ingrain the positions and certainly has helped me keep a solid swing most times.

i told my instructor that. i know if my backswing or downswing starts getting off track im gonna grab this and get things back on track and its def gonna be part of my winter routine and warm up for spring time.

Ok i went through a lot of my stills from my GolfTec lessons to try to show how i have improved a little bit by using the PAP.... I did have to clean some stuff up last week with my hinge and shoulder turn but the mechanics were in place and i am way better from where i started out. so heres some before and after shots. disclaimer most of the after pics have 2 shots of me the first is when i came in that lesson and took a full hard swing which causes me to be more sloppy with my swing and go back to some of my old swing habits. and the second is after we cleaned some stuff up at the end of my lesson.

Before Backswing... way off plane and bad connection with my arms and my body. im the one on the left, not Stuart on the right.
Spoiler
07Still3-1.jpg

Top of my back swing before... what a mess right elbow is a chicken wing with no support and i have a huge reverse pivot
Spoiler
09Still4-2.jpg

After backswings.... more on plane and better connection.

Spoiler
03Still1.jpg

after top of backswing. support with my right arm and no reverse pivot. you can see in this pic i still needed to clean up my hinge to fix my club face. still a lot better than before.

Spoiler
05Still2.jpg

another shot the pic on the left is more what i was doing before the one on the left is what my instructor calls the power V. instead of my reverse pivot. something else we cleaned up a little bit during my lesson. just had to make sure i kept my shoulders level during my shoulder turn in the back swing.
Spoiler
11Still5-1.jpg

The downswing before...you can see i am already starting to cast my club and i was coming over the top because with my old back swing it was impossible for me to come from the inside on my downswing.
Spoiler
25Still12.jpg

After downswing.... pic on the left wasn't a great swing as we were working on a lot of things during this lesson but the one on the right i am seeing more now that i am using the PAP its helping my hold my hinge into the slot and keep all of the power i have stored longer and letting me trap the ball as you can see in the second pic i posted here.
Spoiler
15Still7.jpg

11Still5.jpg

heres just another pic of my downswing that shows my progression

Spoiler
09Still4.jpg

Good stuff there Buck, the transformation is amazing, I am like you I believe the PAP is a great aid in helping you to train yourself to get into the proper positions in the golf swing. Keep up the good work buddy.

I had a bad round today, an 85, but it had very little to do with the ball striking and everything to do with chipping and putting. I used 36 putts with 4 3 putts and had a very erratic day chipping so I easily gave away 6 to 8 shots. I am pleased with my ball striking with all of the clubs except for the driver, I still have a tendency to overswing with the big dog. I believe the PAP is helping my ball striking.

Buckjob when i went to the golftec the other day for my evaluation and i was asking the instructor how would we go about trying to fix my casting and create more lag, and he pulled out this product. After using it for a little bit i could see how my swing got much better. After seeing this tread i believe that i am going to pull the trigger on this item.

Buckjob when i went to the golftec the other day for my evaluation and i was asking the instructor how would we go about trying to fix my casting and create more lag, and he pulled out this product. After using it for a little bit i could see how my swing got much better. After seeing this tread i believe that i am going to pull the trigger on this item.

I posted a link a page or so back where you can save 50% on the PAP if you are not in a rush to get it. This thread caused me to order one and I try to work with it each day. I do feel it has help me with my lag.

I posted a link a page or so back where you can save 50% on the PAP if you are not in a rush to get it. This thread caused me to order one and I try to work with it each day. I do feel it has help me with my lag.

Dawg -- You will have to bring this gizmo to the golf course next trip to my neck of the woods and show me what you got here. I'm interested to say the least.

Ok i went through a lot of my stills from my GolfTec lessons to try to show how i have improved a little bit by using the PAP.... I did have to clean some stuff up last week with my hinge and shoulder turn but the mechanics were in place and i am way better from where i started out. so heres some before and after shots. disclaimer most of the after pics have 2 shots of me the first is when i came in that lesson and took a full hard swing which causes me to be more sloppy with my swing and go back to some of my old swing habits. and the second is after we cleaned some stuff up at the end of my lesson.

Before Backswing... way off plane and bad connection with my arms and my body. im the one on the left, not Stuart on the right.
Spoiler
07Still3-1.jpg

Top of my back swing before... what a mess right elbow is a chicken wing with no support and i have a huge reverse pivot
Spoiler
09Still4-2.jpg

After backswings.... more on plane and better connection.

Spoiler
03Still1.jpg

after top of backswing. support with my right arm and no reverse pivot. you can see in this pic i still needed to clean up my hinge to fix my club face. still a lot better than before.

Spoiler
05Still2.jpg

another shot the pic on the left is more what i was doing before the one on the left is what my instructor calls the power V. instead of my reverse pivot. something else we cleaned up a little bit during my lesson. just had to make sure i kept my shoulders level during my shoulder turn in the back swing.
Spoiler
11Still5-1.jpg

The downswing before...you can see i am already starting to cast my club and i was coming over the top because with my old back swing it was impossible for me to come from the inside on my downswing.
Spoiler
25Still12.jpg

After downswing.... pic on the left wasn't a great swing as we were working on a lot of things during this lesson but the one on the right i am seeing more now that i am using the PAP its helping my hold my hinge into the slot and keep all of the power i have stored longer and letting me trap the ball as you can see in the second pic i posted here.
Spoiler
15Still7.jpg

11Still5.jpg

heres just another pic of my downswing that shows my progression

Spoiler
09Still4.jpg

Your swing is Looking good buddy. I did my first HOTD video last week and was looking at a wedge shot is slow frames, man it looked ugly with over the top back swing. I'll need to get one of these and work with it asap. With a better swing and a pack of matches I'd like to burn down OL grays wood shed and turn it into charcoal for the cook out.

Hey Dawg thanks for the link. Not sure if you have worked with other products to help with lag, but would you say this is one of the better ones out there ?

Yeah like i said before, im still using this and liking the results. I have been going to the range and i like the results ive been seeing... its been great seeing progress every week during my lessons now.. it was hard going for like 3 lessons in a row with no real improvement and i can honestly say using this had helped me get over the hump that was keeping me from progressing to the next step in my swing.

thats where i used it for the first time and decided it may be worth the investment.... the one that i bought was also improved from the one that they had...

Dawg -- You will have to bring this gizmo to the golf course next trip to my neck of the woods and show me what you got here. I'm interested to say the least.

Sure will, we will shoot for later this week.

Hey Dawg thanks for the link. Not sure if you have worked with other products to help with lag, but would you say this is one of the better ones out there ?

It is really the only one I have tried that helps with lag.

Yeah like i said before, im still using this and liking the results. I have been going to the range and i like the results ive been seeing... its been great seeing progress every week during my lessons now.. it was hard going for like 3 lessons in a row with no real improvement and i can honestly say using this had helped me get over the hump that was keeping me from progressing to the next step in my swing.

Man it'll be exciting to read about your next step. With so much to change from your write ups 3 lesson's with no improvement is hard to take. But on the positive side at least you know you have made it over that hump after reviewing your last session. Keep up the great progress.

Man it'll be exciting to read about your next step. With so much to change from your write ups 3 lesson's with no improvement is hard to take. But on the positive side at least you know you have made it over that hump after reviewing your last session. Keep up the great progress.

Thanks bud... yeah i think it was 3 or 4 lessons where i was still going over the top and my instructor refused to let me move forward till i got it. and stopped cause with the way i was swinging i had no choice but to go over the top and come from outside in. So i kept with it even though i was getting pretty frustrated. But after using the PAP it finally just clicked a little and i figured the money i spent on it would pay in the long run and i def think it has even if i paid full price! lol

got some good video of me holding my 90* angle hinge down to my right thigh today was really impressed with how i was holding this today and i really feel like the PAP has helped me get through the beginning of the downswing quickly. we did some clean up today on that and worked with where im supposed to go from my right thigh to the followthrough. Also noticed that im doing better with my backswing at full speed. still get a little sloppy with it but its a hundred times better. That being said i still can't hit a ball to save my life but my instructor said thats fine for now we are just getting the motions instilled and i guess ill learn how to hit the ball again later. lol

Alright. You all convinced me to buy this. Thanks!

Back