JF

Reaction score
I'm interested in learning to do my own grind on wedges. Has anyone ever done this themselves before, or have you always had it professionally done? I want to take my old X-Tour wedge and put a V-Sole on it, then grind away at the heel for opening the face easier. I have the equipment for it (stationary saw with a grinding attachment) and would hold the wedge in my hands. Slow and steady wins the race with grinding. Is it something that takes forever to learn, or could one practice once or twice on old clubs, then go for it on the club of choice?

Only you would try this... also you have to be careful because I'm not sure what but if you grind something it will make it illegal, has to do with the leading edge i think...

I'm interested in learning to do my own grind on wedges. Has anyone ever done this themselves before, or have you always had it professionally done? I want to take my old X-Tour wedge and put a V-Sole on it, then grind away at the heel for opening the face easier. I have the equipment for it (stationary saw with a grinding attachment) and would hold the wedge in my hands. Slow and steady wins the race with grinding. Is it something that takes forever to learn, or could one practice once or twice on old clubs, then go for it on the club of choice?

This is cool man, make sure you photo your ideas and progress, it will be interesting to hear feedback and watch.

Your father is going to kill you.

But, it's not something I would consider doing myself. If I were to try, it wouldn't be on something that I am currently gaming or didn't rely on.

Only you would try this... also you have to be careful because I'm not sure what but if you grind something it will make it illegal, has to do with the leading edge i think...

Only me? Hmmmmm.... Even if it is illegal, only a select few would know :alien: And what about people who buff their driver face?

This is cool man, make sure you photo your ideas and progress, it will be interesting to hear feedback and watch.

Good idea.

Your father is going to kill you.

But, it's not something I would consider doing myself. If I were to try, it wouldn't be on something that I am currently gaming or didn't rely on.

He'll be informed of my idea. And his response will most likely be "If you wanna be an idiot and destroy your golf club, be my guest :angry:"

Ping used to have a page showing all their custom grinds. If you can find it the page will give you some idea what you can expect play-ability wise with each grind.

Its a lot of fun but just a fraction to much will ruin the club. Tried a a couple of times but wouldn't do it on a gamer.

hackn

Back