2012 Morgan Cup Recap Thread

Thanks for the recap JB. For those who didn't see the videos (like me) every little glimpse into the coverage is welcomed.

Jake. You. Are. Awesome.

That is all.

Jake, seriously, that was great man. I absolutely love that you wear your heart out there and just lay it out like you feel, that's one of the most admirable qualities in existence to me. You rocked it man, you rocked 2.0.

I cannot wait to tee it up with you someday dude.
Thank you. We definitely need to tee it up someday! Maybe in May? Or who knows...maybe at a Morgan Cup one day.

Thanks for the recap JB. For those who didn't see the videos (like me) every little glimpse into the coverage is welcomed.

Jake. You. Are. Awesome.

That is all.
Thanks man...but really it's THP and my boys from 64C that are awesome. I'm just lucky to be able to be involved.

Thanks man...but really it's THP and my boys from 64C that are awesome. I'm just lucky to be able to be involved.

Don't make me think about 64C videos. I may not get any sleep from going and watching them all again!

P4b, Jake, I know in the vid you say it may never happen again for you. All I can say is you've left your mark and everything you have done has set the bar for any future competitor. That's a big deal in my book. You and others have a legacy that won't be forgotten. Killer vid man.

And who's to say you won't be right back in it...never know.

P4B way to speak from the heart. Seeing the expression on your face says it all. I know the people you shared that with can see it as well. Your a good man jake!

P4b, Jake, I know in the vid you say it may never happen again for you. All I can say is you've left your mark and everything you have done has set the bar for any future competitor. That's a big deal in my book. You and others have a legacy that won't be forgotten. Killer vid man.

And who's to say you won't be right back in it...never know.
Thanks man. I will say that early on I wasn't sure if I could pull off 2 trips again next year (outing is a lock) but the more I think about this Morgan Cup and how special it all was I have decided that I will not stop at anything to try to get to be a part again. I'm already starting to brainstorm my audition video.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

P4B way to speak from the heart. Seeing the expression on your face says it all. I know the people you shared that with can see it as well. Your a good man jake!
Freddie...you rock dude. You busted your butt for us even though you weren't able to make it. That's a class act right there. Thanks for the great words.

Nice recap Jake. I really enjoyed hanging out with you at the MC. It was AWESOME!

Jake, that was such a fun, serious and heartfelt video. You really know what it's all about.

I gotta tell you though, after the seriousness I was really expecting for one of your daughters to come up and Bridge Slap you at the end!

Jake, that was a great video and truly shows the great man that you are. You are definitely one of the great guys on this site and I am a better person for knowing you and calling you my friend.

Jake, that was outstanding buddy. It's funny, when you want to bring it like that you sure can. You are quite the wordsmith my man. I have to tell you, when you busted out the part about 64C it was tough to watch and listen to b/c I feel exactly the same way. Well, except when it comes to One-T as he's already my brother.

It's early for me, like way to early but I have a tremendous amount of stuff on my mind and it was keeping me from sleeping. It's not a lot of fun when your mind and your emotions make you wake up but it happens and that's ok. There's no way I could ever just sit down and in one post give my recap from this amazing weekend. It would literally take too long and no one would want to read it. So I think I'm going to take a different approach and that's to recap my MC 2.0 experience from day to day. That should suit me just fine and hopefully it will suit everyone else just fine as well. I also think I want to type my recaps up too. I like videos but I fear I would get choked up and look like a girly man on video, and let's face it, I have an image to uphold here.

Before I get into my first day recap I really want to thank JB and GG again! I know that you probably alienated a lot of MC hopefuls by having a Team THP this time. People can say what they want, but the fact is, by doing what you did, that was 8 "hopeful" spots just gone. That seriously declines the odds for everyone of getting in. I thought what you did was really neat. I'm not trying to sound conceited but we bust our butts around here doing what we do as staffers and I thought it was an incredible way for you guys to give back to us for our hard work and effort. It was very much appreciated and personally, I thought it was outstanding that we got to team up and go up against what the forum had to offer.

You both don't do anything small or lazy or without some serious amounts of thought and planning. I knew this MC would be different and better but I just didn't realize by how much. Once again, you've both taken a bar and raised it! You work well as a team and both bring so many great attributes to an event of this magnitude. It was my honor to represent your company both leading up to the event and while in Myrtle Beach. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my shirt tucked in, I really made a conscious effort to do so. From a personal stand point, I know that I have had my differences with you guys, and I know that I can come across as having two feet firmly stuck in the concrete on some issues but I swear to you that I love this place. All I've ever wanted was to help you grow it, nurture it, and spread it! I've always seen the power of what THP can do and I've experienced the true bliss that embracing this forum can provide. And it's the friendships. The brotherhood. The FFL (friends for life)! The videos like JB and Jake made. That's THP! So thank you, both of you, for allowing me to have a place where I can spend time with some of my best friends.

So, where to begin? Technically, my Day 1 MC recap starts with Tuesday. Yep, that's like 3 days before Media Day! So when we found out there was going to be a Team THP, Tmex/marcawesome/yoccos and I planned for him to fly into Ash-Vegas early so we could play some mountain golf and hang out and roadtrip it down to Myrtle Beach for the MC. It was a great plan! I met Marc at the first THP outing at PGA National. Of course, we chatted tons on the forum leading up to that and he's always been that lovable, fun, witty, golf equipment obsessed guy that THP is truly all about. Meeting him in person sealed the deal for me, and sharing a round of golf with him at that first outing definitely put the stamp on the seal. Marc asked me tons of questions on the course and I could tell he was eager to learn and that he was obsessed with getting better. That's my kind of golfer right there! So after that outing we talked a lot. On the phone, via text, on the forum, etc, and his goal was to simply get better at golf.

Being on Marc's team for this MC is something that was special to me. We talked about prep and golf and prep and golf and strategy and what to be working on, and #'s and prep and golf, LOL. IT's what we do! Marc's busted his ass in the last year. He's a modest guy and he wont' say these things so I'll tell you. I've not been around a guy so motivated to become better and apparently, he showed up at the Outing this year and proved just how much hard work he put in. I heard from so many people at the Outing how well he was playing, and how well he was hitting it. Man, I was thrilled for my friend Marc! You deserve the compliments and the praise. You've earned it!

Ok, so Marc and I plan on him flying into here early so I pick him up around 4pm on Tuesday afternoon. Too late for golf but early enough for Marc to meet my family, and have a wicked Western North Carolina BBQ Supper! I love my family so it was fun to share an evening with a good friend with those that are most important to me. Marc fit in like a champ! He was great with the kids and if he was uncomfortable, he never showed it. I'll never forget that dinner. Tmex got some green chile' grits and his first fried okra! It's little things like that that you don't forget.

So we plan to play golf the next morning locally, then road trip in Myrtle Beach Wednesday evening so we can get there in time for the Villa BBQ. Change of plans! Old One-T thinks it might be better to leave early that morning, get to Myrtle and play a practice round. We both agreed that that would make more sense. So we met bright and early that Wednesday morning and hit the road. Jeez, what a fun drive that was. Literally, 5 hours of golf talk! It was like a THP'ers dream right there. We pounded energy drinks, we talked about equipment, we speculated about MC Noob's, and of course we stopped at Martin's (PGA SUPERSTORE) as soon as we got into Myrtle, LOL. Thanks for driving One-T. One of my favorite things about these THP shindigs is that we typically get to road trip together. That's time I'll never take for granted or forget.

Now, we were supposed to meet Jake as he arrived around Noon so we could play a Wednesday pm practice round but b/c he lives in the desert, he missed some flight and couldn't make it. That part sucked. So we scrambled to find and 4th and boy did we luck out. Now, if you can't play with your boy Jake, there's only one suitable replacement and he's an Irishman! We landed a Kelly in our net so we had it lined up to meet him at the pro shop before our round. Meeting Kelly was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. The amount of sacrifice that man made to be a part of this event was mind bottling. So was how pale he was. I couldn't believe it. It's like he was cut out of a black and white newspaper or something, LOL

FOr our practice round we decided to two man scramble it: Team THP (Tmex and I) vs. Team Hackers (One-T and Kelly). The golf was amazing! We played at True BLue and it was Kelly's first round of golf in America. How cool is that? We started on the par 5 10th hole where Kelly proceeds to drain this 25' putt to tie the hole with us! It was the first freaking time he rolled his new putter! He literally picked it up from the THP Tour Van not an hour before. First time on greens that were twice as fast as he's used too, different grass, and Boom! draino! There were way too many highlights from that round for me to sit here and type up but it was one of the more memorable rounds for me. Tmex and I played wicked golf and really enjoyed being out there together. We sure do feed well off one another and I swear, I've never seen a display off the tee like that guy put on. It was unreal. To see how much he's transformed as a golfer made me smile. This folks, is what the Morgan Cup does. It will push you as a golfer. You'll prepare and play with a purpose like you never have before. In the end, Team THP got the victory in that match! It was a perfect way to start setting the tone for the weekend, or so we thought :(

That night, TBT and WCBM hosted everyone in their Villa. It was awesome! Old Sharkwrestler, aka Jim, smoked some pork butts and brought them down and TBT grilled up some chicked and some sausage dogs and we got straight up Southern style up in that villa. Everyone was eating and chatting and introducing themselves to everyone. ****** was drinking MY HIGHLIFE's and going HAM on everyone! It was funny. If that night can't break the ice for you then I don't know what will! The food was out of this world, the company was even better, and I couldn't think of a better way to get the MC weekend underway! Thanks a lot for hosting everyone guys, you didn't have to do that but you did! It was outstanding.

So yeah, here's my Day1/2 write up/recap. I know it's long, but it could easily be longer. Words really cannot express the memories and emotions that were made and shared down there, even before you really got to know certain people. It's funny how it just felt like everyone knew each other without having met each other. It makes you realize that a lot of the personalities on this forum are in fact, real personalities. No one's hiding anything or pretending or trying to be something they're not. That's special.

Great write up TC. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the other rounds as well.

Great write up TC. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the other rounds as well.

I need someone to type while I talk. That would be cool. Remembering that weekend is so bittersweet.

I need someone to type while I talk. That would be cool. Remembering that weekend is so bittersweet.

I am sure there is some type of voice recognition app/program out there. Probably someone like KMAC, JB or CB might be able to help find it.

JB great vid man. Jake i'm still watching yours internet is kinda slow this morning buts awesome so far.

TC your write up is truly from the heart and what a big heart it is. It was an honor for me to play my first round in America with you Yoccos and One-T, a round I will never forget.

As for my thoughts on what just went down i'm gonna do a video with my now fiance over the next few days. It's gonna be a tear jerker

These are awesome recaps. Kelly, please make sure yours is a video because I feel a little shorted when I can't hear you and must read what your saying!:D

TC, I enjoy when you go all literary on us like your Masters piece. I look forward to your read.

I thoroughly enjoyed the inclusion of Team THP in the MC2.0. I think that factor made this event what it was. To have all the guys that are on here DAY AND NIGHT made this event spectacular.

That is a good start TC. I agree Marc is a stand up guy and you are lucky to call him a friend

Great video JB. Man what a great event! You are a pioneer of sorts with the things you've done on THP and with the members. Keep doing what you're doing because we're all lucky to be involved in anyway we can.

Alright I made a recap video as well. 2 things. 1 I got very long winded, if you want you can skip to the end but especially to the guys that were a part of this, try to bare with me here. And 2....yeah I got a little emotional. I'm sorry, that's just me. Everyone who knows me knows I wear my heart on my sleeve. I know I left some great stuff out, I truly didn't mean to but jeez....16 effin minutes, really!?!?! I love you guys.....the entire MC 2.0 was awesome.

Sharkwrestler!!!
Jake, you are our family. I love you man.

Before I get into my first day recap I really want to thank JB and GG again! I know that you probably alienated a lot of MC hopefuls by having a Team THP this time. People can say what they want, but the fact is, by doing what you did, that was 8 "hopeful" spots just gone. That seriously declines the odds for everyone of getting in. I thought what you did was really neat. I'm not trying to sound conceited but we bust our butts around here doing what we do as staffers and I thought it was an incredible way for you guys to give back to us for our hard work and effort. It was very much appreciated and personally, I thought it was outstanding that we got to team up and go up against what the forum had to offer.

You both don't do anything small or lazy or without some serious amounts of thought and planning. I knew this MC would be different and better but I just didn't realize by how much. Once again, you've both taken a bar and raised it! You work well as a team and both bring so many great attributes to an event of this magnitude. It was my honor to represent your company both leading up to the event and while in Myrtle Beach. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my shirt tucked in, I really made a conscious effort to do so. From a personal stand point, I know that I have had my differences with you guys, and I know that I can come across as having two feet firmly stuck in the concrete on some issues but I swear to you that I love this place. All I've ever wanted was to help you grow it, nurture it, and spread it! I've always seen the power of what THP can do and I've experienced the true bliss that embracing this forum can provide. And it's the friendships. The brotherhood. The FFL (friends for life)! The videos like JB and Jake made. That's THP! So thank you, both of you, for allowing me to have a place where I can spend time with some of my best friends.

THank you dude. You are a brother to me and someone that I know will always be there when we need something. The gentle giant moniker that Trout Bum gave you is so dead on. The 7 guys that I had as teammates deserved this more than anybody can imagine and while you are probably right with your thoughts, when it came time to make a decision, there was no decision, Team THP was born!!!

TC I just really dig how you write. Its always a story worth reading. Cant wait to read the rest. I am going to do the same style of writeup as well. I just have too much to say for one post. Has to wait though as my mom is sleeping in the guest/office room

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

TC I think the day by day recap is a great idea. Dude what you wrote was awesomeness. The friendships you have made throughout the years and even just at this Morgan cup are awesome! Keep up the great writing everyone, it is going to get dusty in here at some point for me I have a feeling

Great vid P4B! You're a good man Jake...

Great videos dean. Straight from the heart and your thoughts are heard.

Back