Bonville Golf Resort

razaar

Reaction score
Handicap
One of the prettiest course on the east coast of Australia is Bonville Golf Resort. Every year we schedule a visit to Coffs Harbour to play Bonville course and a few others on the way.

Bonville is known as Australia's Augusta National. It is very hilly course and runs throug virgin forests and rain forests moving in and out of adjoining valleys. A motorized cart is compulsory, some of the tees are located over 1,000 yards from the previous green. It is a true test of golf from the back tees.

The accomodation and service at the resort is first rate on a par with the course.

http://www.bonvillegolf.com.au/

Not having played Brookwater I can't give you an answer. Things I've heard from those who have played both suggest the courses are nothing alike. Brookwater is a Norman design (I think) if so, Brookwater would be a devil from the back tees with narrow driving lanes and lots of fairway bunkers. Bonville doesn't have many fairway bunkers but there is plenty of water to snaffle the wayward shot.

Folks, I pasted some photos of Bonville to give an idea of the beauty Razaar was describing.

Second hole

2ndhole-Bonville.jpg

Fourth hole

Bonville-4thHole.jpg

8th Hole, Par 3 - Green to Tee

Bonville-8thHole.jpg

Last edited:
Back