Nventix Nunchuk 370 Review Forum Testing

Played 10 holes yesterday and hit the Nunchuk quite a few times. First few swings were hooks. Still got some good distance, but literally hooks, which I wasn't happy with. After warming up a bit, I was seeing a nice straight flight or a very small draw of maybe 5 yards. For the most part, I was seeing a little less distance than the first time out, about 225, but I still had a couple around 240-245. These were all GPS'd. It seemed like I was averaging about 215 carry which I am happy with.

I was also able to hit a few balls into a green on a par 5 and a long par 3 to see how it would hold. This is one of my biggest concerns with this shaft, as it is supposed to drastically lower spin.

First chance was at a long par 3. This is one of the hardest par 3's on either golf course at my work (we have 36 holes). It plays anywhere from 190-225 yards based on where the tees are at that day, and there are bunkers on all sides of the green. Also, there is a false front so anything short will stay short, so running it up is not an option.

Holding the green:
I was only able to hit one ball on the par 3, as it was a little stacked up. It was playing just over 200 yards, pin in the middle, so I took a nice easy swing. Shot was very straight, maybe drew a couple yards and hit right in the middle of the green. From the tee it looked like it rolled off the back, but it was hard to tell. It ended up being on the back of the green and was 7-8 paces from its ball mark, about 20 feet. Not bad at all.

Next was a second shot on a par 5. Hit a great drive and was only 215 out to the middle of the green. People behind me dropped off at the turn so I was able to hit a few balls here. Hit three of the four dead straight at the middle of the green with a nice mid ball flight. The first three all hit the green about 4 paces from the middle of the green. Of the 3, only one held the green, the other two were about 10 feet off the back. Left me with a fairly straight forward chip, but an eagle putt would have been nice (obviously). The fourth one I tried to hit a cut to get to a back right pin and I over cut it to the right of the green, still a very playable shot but was about 10 yards right of the green.

All in all, I am very happy with how this club is performing for me. It is a FW finder and a long one at that. I just need to play for about 20 feet of roll out when hitting into a green. I plan on getting out Sunday to do a little more testing, so if you have any questions or recommendations just let me know. Thanks for reading this.

Played 5 holes last night after work and was seeing some serious length with the Nunchuk'd Mashie.

Hit one tee shot 249 total yards; the low spin this is providing is giving me a lot of roll out. I saw exactly where it landed, about 215 carry, and it took a very large bounce.

Next I was on a par 5, 245 to a middle pin (lasered). I was by myself with no one behind me so I hit a handful of balls. A couple from the short grass and a couple from the rough. All 5 were 235+ (total yards). Put a small draw on three of them and ended up in the green side bunker just short of pin high. One was mere feet from the green, just short, and the other was on the green about 20-25 feet from the pin. I was very happy with all of the shots, I just didn't play for the slight draw as I've been seeing very straight ball flight for the majority of my shots.

Not much else to say at this point in time. Let me know if you have any questions or recommendations. Always willing to try anything for the testing!

I am planning on playing some twilight golf on Sunday, and I'll try to get some video and/or pics. If I can, I'll borrow my brothers DSLR camera to get some good stills. Thanks for reading!

Well I just called GS, they say its done! Thank goodness, I get off at 6:15 tonight so I'm really hoping to get up there and pick it up and find out forsure that its done. If it is, I'm going to try real hard to get to the range with it and get some pics of it as well. This has been an ordeal for me. I was supposed to be able to get it Thursday Fedex cracked the first ferrle I ordered and another had to be overnighted... But I really hope to get it tonight and get it to the range tonight as well. If I don't get to the range tonight, I will get to the range tomorrow after work for sure.

Well I just called GS, they say its done! Thank goodness, I get off at 6:15 tonight so I'm really hoping to get up there and pick it up and find out forsure that its done. If it is, I'm going to try real hard to get to the range with it and get some pics of it as well. This has been an ordeal for me. I was supposed to be able to get it Thursday Fedex cracked the first ferrle I ordered and another had to be overnighted... But I really hope to get it tonight and get it to the range tonight as well. If I don't get to the range tonight, I will get to the range tomorrow after work for sure.

Dang what a night mare PD. I hope that this will work out great for you and looking forward to you input.

Dang what a night mare PD. I hope that this will work out great for you and looking forward to you input.

It has been a nightmare, but sometimes testing is. Its happens but I'm glad that THP and nVentix has been understanding in this. But I think with the results that Jconn is seeing, its going to be well worth it and will be great addition to my bag and I can't wait to give it a go. And I'm ready to give some feedback to the world.

Got it! Was able to pick it up last night after work. Came home took a few swings in the back yard and hit one shot with it out into the common area. This feels stout. I can see why the guy at Golfsmith handed it to me and said heres your telephone pole..lol I didn't think it was that bad, but it felt stiff. Couldn't really feel it load or anything, but I think that will come with more swings. I did hit one ball with it, nice mid-high boring path. Little tailing draw on it, which is normal flight with it. I will be interested to see if this becomes more of a hook than a draw.

Looks-wise, its striking combo between the white head, white sleeve, purple shaft and tan grip. Didn't have the best light outside last night so I will try to get some pics tonight at the range if I have better light, if not will probably be on Tuesday when I get it out for its first round before I get pics of it.

Glad you finally got it Playdough. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this shaft, as I have been enjoyed so far.

I'm trying to get out for an afternoon round today, but it may not happen.

Got 9 holes in last night after work. Unfortunately I only hit this club twice during the round, but hit it a handful of times on the range. I hit it very well on the range (of course, lol), but pulled both shots on the course.

The first was my second shot on a par 5. There was no way I was reaching the green, as I was about 280ish out. The wind was blowing NW to SE pretty hard (with the green being N) so I tried hitting a low draw. I ended up hooking the junk out of it and ended up about 20 yards left of the FW with 60 yards to the green. Still managed par as I hit the GIR and two putted.

The other shot was a tee shot on a par 4 that is 385 yards. Wind was with us pretty good. I hit it very well but pulled it a touch, took a large bounce and a couple small ones as well. Ended up about 10 yards left of the FW with 120 to the front pin (125 middle), 260 yards total! Granted, this was with the wind, but still, this was further than 2 out of 3 of my playing partners 3 woods.

So far I am loving this shaft. It seems to be providing exactly what it is supposed to: low spin, mid launch, and consistently more distance. I am seeing great distance both off the tee and off the deck. One thing I'm loving, is the added roll/bounce off of the tee due to the reduced spin. I am definitely cautious hitting this into a green, as the reduced spin makes it tough to hold (so far), but if I plan on about 20-25 feet of roll out I should be fine.

Since adding this Nunchuk'd Mashie, I have not hit my 3W once. Literally. I am seeing such good distance out of this hybrid, with greater accuracy, that there is no situation for me to hit my 3W. I am considering dropping my 3W and adding a hybrid to fill the gap that this beast has created between the 18* hybrid and my 4i. Also, I am considering purchasing a Nunchuk driver shaft. I am hoping I can find somewhere locally to hit it before committing.

Not much else to say at this point. Going out of town for a few days, so my next chance to hit this will be Saturday morning. Please ask any and all questions. Thanks for reading.

LOL @ heres your telephone pole.

Nice update Jeff. Even wind aided that is some stout distance. What kinds of things did you see on the range? Same launch and distance for the most part? I always take the range with a grain of salt since the balls are usually junk.

In was able to get some on course action with it yesterday. On just on my phone right now, once I get a chance to sit at a computer I will post up my thoughts.

LOL @ heres your telephone pole.

Nice update Jeff. Even wind aided that is some stout distance. What kinds of things did you see on the range? Same launch and distance for the most part? I always take the range with a grain of salt since the balls are usually junk.

Thanks. I was seeing much straighter shots but the same mid ball flight. Distance was hard to judge, as there are only a few signs at our range, but it looked to be similar. Yes, the balls are pretty crappy at my range as well.

Alrighty after much nightmareish things I got my Nunchuk'd Rescue 11 late last week and was able to get it on the course yesterday. I played one my regular tracks, Winding River in Indy. I didn't get any warm up and hadn't hit any shots with it other than one in my back yard the night I picked it up. Overall I'm a little mixed on it right now. I didn't hit great, but I didn't hit poor either. First couple of swings with it resulted in low burners. Next swing resulted in a low boring draw/hook. Next swing was high cut, then low miss right. At this point I wasn't really sure what to think of it. Turned the corner and tee'ed off with it on 11, and hit a pretty good shot, but it really ballooned out but still had pretty good distance, so some hope there for that. Didn't get any chances to hit it again till the 18th. 255 to the middle, up hill all the way, plays about 275, 5-8 mph wind from behind, hit a nice mid-flight slight fade to about 15 yards short of the green. Best ball with it yet. So I think there is some potential for it. I need to work on ball postion with it, thats my biggest problem with hybrids, had this same issue with my last one as well.

So far, I think its ok. No overly impressed yet, but that was only 6 or 7 swings and no range time with it. I'm getting back out again tomorrow at another course so i should have some more time with it. I will say that it feels stiff, but very stable. On the swing on 18, it felt very stable and solid and good feedback. Feel is actually pretty good for what feels like a very stiff shaft. Weight wise, it doesn't feel any heavier than my stock Rip 85. I'll try and get some pics of it tomorrow as its a very good looking combo, I think at some point I'll be able to get it to hit as good as it looks.

Really curious to see at the end of this testing if you guys think this shaft help straighten out your shots off the tee. I really struggle with the hybrid off the tee for some odd reason and am looking for something....anything....to help get me more consistent with the club off the tee.

Really curious to see at the end of this testing if you guys think this shaft help straighten out your shots off the tee. I really struggle with the hybrid off the tee for some odd reason and am looking for something....anything....to help get me more consistent with the club off the tee.

Right off the bat, I haven't. Buuuuuttt...Big but, thats with 6 or 7 swings. Give me a couple more rounds and good range session with it and I'll have a better answer for you.

Alright got out again yesterday my Nunchuk'd Rescue 11. Starting to see a little better results. With the stock shaft it seemed to like being played a little forward in my stance, with the Nunchuk it seems to like being played a little bit back. First couple swings produced a high right fade with no distance. At this point I was starting to get a little discourged with it and was about ready to just leave it in the bag till I could get some range time with it. But I decide to stick it out for the day. Next swing was on a medium length par-5 playing right into the wind. From the fairway with about 280 to go, moved it back about an inch and half and gave it go. Nice boring flight with no hint of ballooning in the wind, and touch of draw. 60 left to the center after that. Wind was blowing about 10-15. The exact flight I like with my hybrid. So a little promising. Next swing was on a short par-4, plays about 330 or so. Decided to give it ago again, same swing, produced the same flight. Nice angle of decent, big hop, and some roll out. Had about 70 in after that. Nothing like I seen a hybrid do before. I think as I get this dialed in that its going to be a great fairway finder for under 400 yard par-4's. Next couple of swings produced a little fade, but I think I was cheating the ball forward a little.

Overall, I'm getting more comfortable with it. The directional control of it is still a little all over the place, but I think will come with finding the comfort spot in the ball position. I think one good long range session with it will really get it dialed in. I'll try and get pics of it tonight and get them posted up tonight as well.

Nice update PD. I'm glad you are finding some success with this shaft. I definitely play this like a long iron as far as ball position goes. Pretty close to center. I'll pay more attention to this next time I'm out.

I'm hoping to get some range time in tomorrow.

Yeah this shaft really seems to be ball placement sensitive for me. It seems a little far forward, it low on the face and thin. Little far back, its steep and its high ball to no where. Not sure if this a product of shaft or not. I think some range testing will probably tell the story there. I'm getting the course again tomorrow and then hoping to get a range session before the end of the week and the local THP outing.

Got out on the course again yesterday with it. I actually remembered to take pictures of it and will try and get those uploaded and posted tonight. I, at first, thought I was crazy for thinking that I would have to change my ball placement with this shaft but I certainly have had too. I'm playing this shaft/head combo in the middle of my stance. With the stock shaft I was able to play it a couple of inchs forward of the middle. That placement seems to lead to one of two results, a sky ball or a low liner. The course I played yesterday didn't lend its self to many hybrid chances. I was able to hit 5 times though. 3 off the tee and once from the deck. The first off the tee, i got it a little far forward and hit a low lining draw. The second time was off the same tee, which resulted in a nice mid-low flight with about 240 in total distance. It got caught up in the rough which probably killed some of the roll out. The this was off the deck to a par-5. 245 to the center, 230 to carry water, back into breeze. Why not? Nice hit, low flight with plenty of carry over the water. Landed about 5 yards over the water, into upslope to the green, and rolled up to the edge of green. Was pretty impressed with that one as it never got more that 30 or 40 feet off the ground, but seemed to carry very well. The forth, was off the 18th tee for a positional play, but was a dead push into the trees and got 70 yards off the tee. Decided to hit again out of the 4 inch tall rough and got a nice low flight with a slight tailing draw that ran out pin high just left of the green.

Overall, i think I'm starting to find some comfort with it. I think the ball flight with this combo is going to low. I don't see a lot mid to high flight happening. I think this is very much a low launch, low spin shaft. Great if you are wanting a positional tee club, but not great if you are looking to hit long par 3's or looking to fly it into the green on a par 5. Getting lots of rounds in this weekend and will have plenty of chances to hit it as the the course we are playing are in the neighborhood of 63-6600 yards.

Sorry for the lack of activity in this testing for the last week. I literally hadn't swung a club from last Tuesday until yesterday. I was able to hit a bucket last night and will do a write up after work. Sorry for the delay, crazy week.

Got out on the course again yesterday with it. I actually remembered to take pictures of it and will try and get those uploaded and posted tonight. I, at first, thought I was crazy for thinking that I would have to change my ball placement with this shaft but I certainly have had too. I'm playing this shaft/head combo in the middle of my stance. With the stock shaft I was able to play it a couple of inchs forward of the middle. That placement seems to lead to one of two results, a sky ball or a low liner. The course I played yesterday didn't lend its self to many hybrid chances. I was able to hit 5 times though. 3 off the tee and once from the deck. The first off the tee, i got it a little far forward and hit a low lining draw. The second time was off the same tee, which resulted in a nice mid-low flight with about 240 in total distance. It got caught up in the rough which probably killed some of the roll out. The this was off the deck to a par-5. 245 to the center, 230 to carry water, back into breeze. Why not? Nice hit, low flight with plenty of carry over the water. Landed about 5 yards over the water, into upslope to the green, and rolled up to the edge of green. Was pretty impressed with that one as it never got more that 30 or 40 feet off the ground, but seemed to carry very well. The forth, was off the 18th tee for a positional play, but was a dead push into the trees and got 70 yards off the tee. Decided to hit again out of the 4 inch tall rough and got a nice low flight with a slight tailing draw that ran out pin high just left of the green.

Overall, i think I'm starting to find some comfort with it. I think the ball flight with this combo is going to low. I don't see a lot mid to high flight happening. I think this is very much a low launch, low spin shaft. Great if you are wanting a positional tee club, but not great if you are looking to hit long par 3's or looking to fly it into the green on a par 5. Getting lots of rounds in this weekend and will have plenty of chances to hit it as the the course we are playing are in the neighborhood of 63-6600 yards.

Awesome writeup Playdough. Interesting to see you are having to play it in a different position in your stance. Hopefully with that changed you will start to see a lot more consistency. That is an impressive shot over the water, this thing seems like a launcher when you catch it right

Awesome writeup Playdough. Interesting to see you are having to play it in a different position in your stance. Hopefully with that changed you will start to see a lot more consistency. That is an impressive shot over the water, this thing seems like a launcher when you catch it right

Yeah, its odd. I also think that is contributing to the low ball flight. I would like to move it up a little in my stance and see if i can get the flight up a little. I think that will give me more distance. The low spin and run out is there with it, I just need to find some height on the shots. I really want to get some range time with it, but right now I'm pretty focused on playing and getting to the range has taken a back seat..lol But I will probably get some range time this weekend without dobut.

I will agree with it being a launcher, but its a stable feel. Not really sloppy or loose feeling at the tip or under the hands.

I was able to get in a short range session two days ago and finally got out for a few holes this afternoon after work.

Range: swing was a little "off", I wasn't hitting any of my long clubs very well and the Nunchuk'd Mashie wasn't an exception. I wasn't hitting it terrible, but I wasn't consistently hitting the middle of the clubface and the ball flight reflected that. I would hit a nice high draw, and then a small fade, and then straight, etc. I just couldn't get much going. Not playing for a week really showed in my swing. I'm not putting much stock into this session, as it was quite different than I've been hitting the ball this year (with all of my long clubs).

On course: today I was able to sneak out for 4 holes between work and dinner plans. I played with my girlfriend (fiancé actually but I hate that word) and played the red tees with her so I could hit hybrid off every tee.

No practice shots, walked straight from work to the tee (I work at the course). First hole is a 407 yard par 5, dogleg right, with a FW bunker that takes about 200 to carry to cut the corner. Hit a nice tight draw with mid height that carried just over the bunker and took a nice large bounce and rolled out to about 230-235ish total. For a first swing, I'll take it all day long. Made birdie.

These are the types of shots I hit all day long. On a couple holes I hit two balls, so I had 6 shots with this total. Not a lot, but better than nothin'! Due to a slight breeze I had shots that varied from 223-260. The 223 was into the wind and had a got caught up in the rough, reducing its roll out. The 260 shot was with the wind and was absolutely nuked, left me with just 60 yards into a par 4.

I am seeing a great amount of rollout with this combo and am getting very consistent carry distance as well. This has turned into a wonderful FW finder for me, that is reliable as all get out. I am still working on hitting it into greens, as I havent had too many opportunities to do so. I am playing tomorrow after work as well and should get in at least 9 holes.

Not much else to say. I am loving this shaft do far, thank you again Nventix and THP for giving me this opportunity. Thanks for reading and please ask any and all questions.

Got lots of use on the ol' Rescuse 11 this weekend. Hit all sorts of shots. Choke down stingers, full on tee balls, full hits to the green. I'm starting to warm to it some. I'm pretty convinced that a little (like half inch) forward of center is the right spot for this combo. I was able to hit a nice little choke down stinger about 215 off the tee on Sat. Nice low ball flight, a little run out. Was able to hit a nice down hill lie shot that got up and carried well into the wind. I really liked the ball flights I was seeing on command. I'm still seeing pretty good run out on shots. I'm noticing though that if I get a lazy at the top and don't transition hard or quick that it doesn't really seem to load as well. But when I really attack one, its a pretty pretty ball.

Now for the much needed and long awaited pictures. I finally got a chance to get them loaded from my phone to my computer and uploaded to PhotoBucket... So here you go.

IMG_20120820_102844.jpg

IMG_20120820_102819.jpg

IMG_20120820_102755.jpg

IMG_20120820_102742.jpg
(sorry for the feet)

Its a pretty sharp combo. I really like how the tan plays on the purple and the white from the head. Its a great looking club that I am starting to see performance match looks. If anyone has an shots they would like me to try let me know.

Nice pictures PD. Def. a great color combo.

Back